Jump to content
Forums

Suggestions: Clans


Recommended Posts

Hi there, I'm the creator and leader of the Jiwan-based clan <Lickable Lolis>. After running this clan for about a week now I've come up with a few things that could be improved upon that would be of extreme help to the functionality of clans in my opinion. As I was unsure where to submit this feedback I'll start here and if there's a better place for me to do this then I'd be more than glad to submit it there as well.
 

  • Kick feature: Currently the kick feature is a simple "Uninvite" that you just have to know is associated with removing a person from the guild. It's not intuitive at all.
    Solution: Change text to "Remove from guild" "Guild Kick" or some other text that is more easily identifiable as a guild function.
  • Clan Sort: Level is repeated twice in this function. with one being a sort by the characters level, and the other by their rank in the clan.
    Solution: Change the Level text to "Rank" or some other text.
  • Last Online: This is not a feature yet, but as leader of a clan this tool is indispensable. With Blade & Souls high item requirements for ranking up as well as gold needed I cannot maintain an active clan without knowing if some members are inactive or not.
    Solution:A tool that simply tells the last time they were online as seen in many other MMO's would be of great help.
  • Clan Advisor: Currently the "Officer" position is limited to one person. As I run my clan with multiple officers ( generally 3-4 so people don't have to be online ALL the time) this causes problems. I wish to provide the distinction that ranking up gives from recruit to veteran, however I'm unable to do that if I have to reserve the veteran rank for those I would normally put in the Officer/Advisor position.
    Solution: Allow multiple people to be appointed to "Advisor."
  • Clan Notice:  Currently you're unable to use apostrophes in the clan notice board. if you use one it will replace it with &quot.
    Solution: Unsure.

 

Thank you for your time!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi there, I'm the creator and leader of the Jiwan-based clan <Lickable Lolis>. After running this clan for about a week now I've come up with a few things that could be improved upon that would

Additional Suggestion.   Clan Log: Another suggestion. Since clans require a large amount of donations to progress a log so we can see who donates what, as well as other general things like me

A million times this. I have already posted like three different times asking for someone from the community team to push this up to the dev team.   My clan is at it's max (60 people) and as

Additional Suggestion.
 

  • Clan Log: Another suggestion. Since clans require a large amount of donations to progress a log so we can see who donates what, as well as other general things like members joining and leaving would be very helpful.
  • (Dstone73) Account Membership: I'm unsure on how this would work, but this could be a benefit for many clans, as many people like to have multiple characters, but are unable to be in their guild due to the space being pretty restricted in clans.
  • (Mishi) Increase member limits on clans.

     
Edited by Sykess
Link to post
Share on other sites

It functions for what it's worth. It may be that the korean servers didn't have need of these features. I have no idea. I just hope this stuff gets remedied, as some of it IS pretty meh. Like the no clan logs and last online feature.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dstone73 said:

It would also be nice if Clan membership was per account and not per character. Adding alts can take up space fast. 

Agreed. I'll add that into the post.

Edited by Sykess
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dstone73 said:

To bad the haven't added a suggestion forum.

Yeah, that would have been helpful. I work with what I have though. I just happen to want more than I have sadly. qq

1 hour ago, Mishi said:

Suggestion: increase clan size limits. 

 

(Though I know NCSoft is kinda against increasing them, from replies during Betas.)

You can increase the cap through ranking up. It'd be nice if the base limit was a bit higher though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Sykess said:

Yeah, that would have been helpful. I work with what I have though. I just happen to want more than I have sadly. qq

You can increase the cap through ranking up. It'd be nice if the base limit was a bit higher though.

I meant the suggestion to increase the max clan limit size. (I know about ranking up to increase limits, however for larger gaming communities, its a pain to deal with tons of clans.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/22/2016 at 10:07 PM, Sykess said:

 

  • Last Online: This is not a feature yet, but as leader of a clan this tool is indispensable. With Blade & Souls high item requirements for ranking up as well as gold needed I cannot maintain an active clan without knowing if some members are inactive or not.
    Solution:A tool that simply tells the last time they were online as seen in many other MMO's would be of great help

 

A million times this. I have already posted like three different times asking for someone from the community team to push this up to the dev team.

 

My clan is at it's max (60 people) and as a guild leader, it would be great to see who the players are that have not logged in in weeks or are otherwise inactive..so we can remove them in lieu of potentially more active members.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Really hope this thread gets noticed and some changes will be made. 

As a clan leader myself I totally agree, last online time tag, donations and join/leave logs are necessery for runing a clan in Eu/Na. Other suggestions are more opptional but would be great to see implemented too !

 

Though it is not surprising that asian players have not complained about this, they tend to play the game as is, unless it is something game breaking.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of the suggestions I think would be fine. I wan't the advisor to stay as one person though. It is more realistic that there obviously should be a Leader an Advisor and well, everyone else. I don't believe the rights that are involved in the clans need to be assigned to everyone. In fact I believe most players could be members without issue. There really shouldn't be too many people running around with crazy clan permissions.

 

I like the uninvite feature, I thought it was fairly intuitive and it makes sense, you invite people to the clan so you can uninvite them. I don't like the term kick because it has been overused and is more of a negative connotation. Some of the other requests seem innocent enough that I wouldn't take issue with.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Yui said:

Some of the suggestions I think would be fine. I wan't the advisor to stay as one person though. It is more realistic that there obviously should be a Leader an Advisor and well, everyone else. I don't believe the rights that are involved in the clans need to be assigned to everyone. In fact I believe most players could be members without issue. There really shouldn't be too many people running around with crazy clan permissions.

 

I like the uninvite feature, I thought it was fairly intuitive and it makes sense, you invite people to the clan so you can uninvite them. I don't like the term kick because it has been overused and is more of a negative connotation. Some of the other requests seem innocent enough that I wouldn't take issue with.


realism aside,  there either should be another group behind the advisor or more advisors.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kipsatee said:


realism aside,  there either should be another group behind the advisor or more advisors.

When I said realistic it wasn't realism as in graphics or enviroment, There is no reason for a clan to need multiple people with the rights you would assign them. The answer would be to assign those permissions to veteran. Though honestly like I have said most players wouldn't use half the rights an Advsor has.

Edited by Yui
Link to post
Share on other sites

here's another suggestion: channels. (like in wildstar) these are chat channels anyone can create. this way you can create a clan chat channel for members and those currently waiting for someone to (rage)quit so they can take their spot. 
(rather than those ppl waiting for us to upgrade our memberslots wandering around without someone to talk to)

Edited by Kipsatee
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Yui said:

When I said realistic it wasn't realism as in graphics or enviroment, There is no reason for a clan to need multiple people with the rights you would assign them. The answer would be to assign those permissions to veteran. Though honestly like I have said most players wouldn't use half the rights an Advsor has.

actually we have 1 group of members who are recruits, 1 group of members who enlisted on our facebook page (and therefor are fullfledged members), 1 group of veterans with invite rights, 1 group of players who need officer rights, 1 officer and 1 leader. 

Edited by Kipsatee
Link to post
Share on other sites

It sounds like the problem is with invite rights, by simply making the group of members and recruits as just recruits and veterans to officers you solve your issue. It seems like that extra group where recruits were just temporary fresh members is the problem. My clan any member can invite. Even that right is hardly used by the players though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Yui said:

It sounds like the problem is with invite rights, by simply making the group of members and recruits as just recruits and veterans to officers you solve your issue. It seems like that extra group where recruits were just temporary fresh members is the problem. My clan any member can invite. Even that right is hardly used by the players though. 


Clan Leader -> All perms
Advisor -> Invite/Kick
Veteran -> Invite
Member -> General perms
Rookie -> no (real) perms.

This is how I'd like it to be. However as I started this clan with 3 friends one of them fills the advisor slot and the other get a modified veteran perm. One advisor doesn't really work for me. My play times are sporadic at best, the same goes for my officers. We're on a decent bit, but not enough that just myself and the advisor can always catch all problems as they arise. That's why I have more officers (Not everyone mind you) to respond to things. These are people I know, who respond to a "Crisis" with a cool head and resolve things in a way I find satisfactory.

The only downside to this is I like offering a progression path to people so as they support the clan they recieve their due recognition beyond a "Hey, thanks a bunch!" While it's not anything major, I feel making those who support my clan deserve the recognition.

tl;dr: If I can't have more advisor slots, I'll just turn veteran into an advisor.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...