Forums

Alternative to character deletion

Drremorre

I feel like waiting 7 days to delete a character level 15 and above is a bit much. I see why it's there to keep hackers and other people from deleting them instantly but it's a real long time to wait. A shorter wait time like 2 days or keep it at 7 days but the game sends an email that if you input lets you delete the character within a day. This way you can make sure that the person deleting the character is them. Unless they hack the email then you got bigger problems to worry about.

1 minute ago, Kraken801 said:

The email thing would be GODLY!

Just now, Kraken801 said:

Or something along those lines like 10 captchas hahah

2 minutes ago, Drremorre said:

I feel like waiting 7 days to delete a character level 15 and above is a bit much. I see why it's there to keep hackers and other people from deleting them instantly but it's a real long time to wait. A shorter wait time like 2 days or keep it at 7 days but the game sends an email that if you input lets you delete the character within a day. This way you can make sure that the person deleting the character is them. Unless they hack the email then you got bigger problems to worry about.

NCSOFT PUT THESE GUYS ON THE DEV TEAM THEY KNOW WHATS UP

It would really suck if you lost your account somehow and had a level 45 deleted yeah? Or if you change your mind, maybe forgot to do something on that character. Even just reach level 15 takes a fair amount of time.

Just now, Utage said:

It would really suck if you lost your account somehow and had a level 45 deleted yeah? Or if you change your mind, maybe forgot to do something on that character. Even just reach level 15 takes a fair amount of time.

You don't need 7 days to change your mind. Other games have a lower wait time such as Vindictus where the level cap is 90 (and rng is a pain) but they have a 2 day wait time which is enough time to change your mind and to log back into the game to see if somebody else started the character deletion process.

Reaching 15 doesn't even take all that long, I don't know what kind of time frame you are using but it takes less then a day to hit that level.

Having more increments in between 5 minutes and 7 days would be preferable, though this would be much less of a problem if we were given more slots to start out with, or if levels in this game actually meant anything/were difficult to "earn" and reach. People are able to reach the lvl cap in 3 days. You should never be able to max out faster than it'd take to delete the character. 

Archived