Paci's Blade and Soul Guide for "Dummies"

Paci

• 1 month later...

Nice guide.  The only aspect that I take issue with is the 'every class is good and viable' philosophy, which simply isn't true.  Even the developers rank classes.  Some classes are much less of a headache to accomplish certain goals than others.  If your goal is to solo pve content to make money, for example, a summoner is much more viable for that task than, say, a blade dancer (BD).  A BD can solo content, but it takes more skill and better gear to do it.  If your goal is to excel in pvp, warlock and kung fu master (KFM) are more difficult than force master (FM) or summoner currently. 

If I'm reading this guide as a beginner with the goal of making gold (which should be every beginner's goal because so much of progression in this game depends on gold, sadly), I don't want to invest in a ping-dependent class that takes tons of currency and time before I can solo content.  If you're going to make a guide for beginners, be honest list the classes that are best suited to certain tasks (assuming you have experience with those classes). 

And for new players wondering why being able to solo is so important, it's because of how much of a pain in the ass the dungeon auction system is.  You can get all the way to the end of the dungeon and have contributed more than everyone else, and loose the item drop that you need to someone who got carried (or leeched) the whole way but has more gold than you.  The auction system is really one of BnS's biggest weaknesses, and the only way around it is being able to do things on your own as much as possible.  That said, the traditional roll system isn't much better, but at least it's random.  I'd much rather spam dungeons with a roll system than the auction system.

Archived