Forums

Blade Master vs other classes in arena help

MrBravex

Well honestly as a BM id say pvp builds around Block/Pierce/ and yours escapes as your main skill point dumps.

Allowing more anti cc and more dmage while parrying and bulding up boosts seems to be what im seeing vs other BM

i have a pure DPS build and only win 50/50 so i will have to conform my build to be a little more defensive to survive the fights.

You're not going to get good overnight. I'm not good with BM myself but I've seen enough to have a soft grasp on what the pros do.

1. Dance in the air. You are aiming to daze them, then get them into an aerial combo. (many classes do this as well).

2. Button smash....Don't. Spamming blocks or escapes only ensures that you get countered with a kick or waste your escape. Spamming LB ensures that you will get countered.

3. Juke that ass. Q and E are your best friend against many classes. Use it to get around blocks as well as to dodge annoying spin attacks. (I'm looking at you Destroyers)

4. Don't get CCok-blocked. This requires you to learn the moves of other classes. Many of them have skills that resists your CCs. Go around the timing of their resists to own them.

5. Know your enemy. Kind of repetition of (4.) but this is in general. If you can absolutely learn all of your opponent's moves, then you'd know what skill they just used, how long until the skill is back-up, and how to plan your attack/counter-attack. 

Practice your combos on PVE mobs or a friend. Spar with a friend and hone those skills into Arena matches. Play as many of the other classes as you can like you want to main them. That's the best way to learn all the details of your opponent by heart.

Archived