PvP is boring in this game.

Icefoxemily

Half of pvp in this game is just being stuned and taking very little damage.  Its dull and not very fun.  I am all about healing and tanking in my class too so I don't really care if an assassin stuns me and does small damage.  Its just dull not very fun and runs down the clock.  Also assassins aren't fun to fight in general when half your attacks miss and they teleport stun you.  It's all honestly terrible and not good.  On top of that you have this really poor point score system which makes no sense.  Highest hp should win end of story.  Fighting games have done it for years for a reason.  We only use points irl because we don't have hp bars.  Stick with the game being a game not a really horrible point system and make the game less about boring stunlocks and drawing out the fight for no reason. 

13 minutes ago, Icefoxemily said:

Half of pvp in this game is just being stuned and taking very little damage.  Its dull and not very fun.  I am all about healing and tanking in my class too so I don't really care if an assassin stuns me and does small damage.  Its just dull not very fun and runs down the clock.  Also assassins aren't fun to fight in general when half your attacks miss and they teleport stun you.  It's all honestly terrible and not good.  On top of that you have this really poor point score system which makes no sense.  Highest hp should win end of story.  Fighting games have done it for years for a reason.  We only use points irl because we don't have hp bars.  Stick with the game being a game not a really horrible point system and make the game less about boring stunlocks and drawing out the fight for no reason. 

I'm sure the PvP will become more balance and optmised later on in the game. Think of it as WoW Vanilla where some classes were overpowered and such.

1 minute ago, Enamour said:

What class are you and where are most of your issues coming from?

I'm a kung fu master.  And most of the problem is i get stuned take little amounts of damage then heal it up because I take the skills that mean I heal ever attack pretty much on anything.  So fights are long and drawn out of getting stunned and healing then time runs out and I lose in points even though I'm usually crushing them in hp.  Which is extremely dumb and invalidates a style of play like mine.

Just now, Icefoxemily said:

I'm a kung fu master.  And most of the problem is i get stuned take little amounts of damage then heal it up because I take the skills that mean I heal ever attack pretty much on anything.  So fights are long and drawn out of getting stunned and healing then time runs out and I lose in points even though I'm usually crushing them in hp.  Which is extremely dumb and invalidates a style of play like mine.

This used to happen to me with Destroyer a few times but I've figured out that it was the fact that my rotation wasn't very optimal. Have you tried looking at videos or guides to see how higher skilled KFMs burst down opponents? I've actually been noticing that the higher ranked my opponents, the shorter the battle (mainly because if you open a fight wrong, RIP 60-80% of your health lol).

This used to happen to me with Destroyer a few times but I've figured out that it was the fact that my rotation wasn't very optimal. Have you tried looking at videos or guides to see how higher skilled KFMs burst down opponents? I've actually been noticing that the higher ranked my opponents, the shorter the battle (mainly because if you open a fight wrong, RIP 60-80% of your health lol).

Nah I doubt many play kungfu master as I do so I don't feel like copying other people just to be optimal.  The only class I even try to rush down is summoner because tbh the class kinda sucks since I can pounce on the familiar and kill it without to many problems while I heal.  I like this gameplay style I just think a point system is so stupidly pointless it has no place in the game.  If you have more hp at the end you should win because it represents the fact you would win later if the time continued.  Not just because my enemy hit me more or did more combos they should win when their combos were marginally ineffective since I healed it.

Yea that's where healing comes in as a double edged sword I guess. In hindsight, wouldn't it mean that if points were based on damage dealt that in return healing would be rather broken though?

I think points are more based on damage dealt and that's why I get beat.  They do more but I heal it so they win by points which is flawed.  If they speck burst it pretty much cancels out my healing so its still completely fair.  

3 minutes ago, Icefoxemily said:

I think points are more based on damage dealt and that's why I get beat.  They do more but I heal it so they win by points which is flawed.  If they speck burst it pretty much cancels out my healing so its still completely fair.  

Oops I meant if points weren't based on damage dealt haha. But yea I see your point. I think this will only improve as people improve how they play though. Rarely in competitive play or even higher elo matches do I see draws when I watch them. It's a combination of what you said perhaps in addition to player flaw (not always necessarily yours, as you said, if they spec for a more bursty rotation, it wouldn't draw out so fast). Now when I fight though, I try not to give people the chance to run or draw things out. I think given some time things may improve for you since you still enjoy the combat (I think haha).

Just now, InfinityParadox said:

If a assassin is dodging all your attacks and stunning you, you're doing something wrong as a destroyer. That assassin benefits a whole lot more with a gap between you two than you do. Also, their counter is pretty obvious - unless you're button mashing. 

I'm kungfu.  Most of my stuff just says evade if I attack them so I run out of points and you can't counter them as kungfu since they teleport behind you constantly.

6 minutes ago, Icefoxemily said:

I'm kungfu.  Most of my stuff just says evade if I attack them so I run out of points and you can't counter them as kungfu since they teleport behind you constantly.

Assassins don't just 'teleport' behind you. Their main teleport is a tab teleport that requires a great distance between you and them. Their counter does teleport, however, it isn't something you should be popping as a KFM. KFM is the hardest class in this game and there's a reason for that. You can't really complain; you just need to get better.

2 minutes ago, InfinityParadox said:

Assassins don't just 'teleport' behind you. Their main teleport is a tab teleport that requires a gay between you and them. Their counter does teleport, however, it isn't something you should be popping as a KFM. KFM is the hardest class in this game and there's a reason for that. You can't really complain; you just need to get better.

Are you talking about the dagger they put in you?  Because I literally counter that attack every time but it still puts it on you regardless.  Its really flawed if I'm still taking the status problem if I'm completely countering the attack.

2 minutes ago, Almighty said:

KFMs are good against assassin in my opinion, they can even counter an assassin's counter, Lol.

I've always struggled against that class the most, not much I can do against them. 

Trust me assassins are stupid to deal with.  Evade most of my attacks and counter their stuff but you can't counter the back attacks from range.  Also assassins have tons of stun at least the ones I fight.

3 minutes ago, Icefoxemily said:

Trust me assassins are stupid to deal with.  Evade most of my attacks and counter their stuff but you can't counter the back attacks from range.  Also assassins have tons of stun at least the ones I fight.

I've sparred with a Lv45 KFM (I was Lv22 at the time, though) and I couldn't do nothing the whole match. I was literally stunned 95% of the time. 

They have just as much stuns as assassins.

Also did a match with my friend while we was the same level, I could hardly do anything to him either (although, in Open World, first stun wins).

6 minutes ago, Icefoxemily said:

Any stun that teleports behind you = block/counter behind you in that direction. Works with my blademaster against sins and other blademasters.

I'm surprised you are having so much success with KFM. I'm getting dumpstered over 60% of the time

My damage is not a problem tho. Neither is dmg from my opponents. 

I can burst ppl with 3rf for like 50% of their life. Others classes do the same to me with their combos too.

1 minute ago, Dremlock said:

I'm surprised you are having so much success with KFM. I'm getting dumpstered over 60% of the time

Well as far as I can tell low ranking assassins are pretty easy with my healing build.  But the better ones kill you since they just never stop stunning.  Summoners are super easy as KFM  just pounce on the summon and beat it to death then chase down the person.  All the other classes are pretty much just allout fight them and learn player patterns.  But thats just how my build works I have no idea what is actually normal on a KFM.

Archived