Can't enter bandit hideout?

Sephyrine

I'm having some trouble getting into the bandit hideout. This will be the sixth time I'm trying to enter it today, and I'm really getting tired of doing this over and over again. As I enter the bandit hideout, it takes a few seconds, before it freezes, and it doesn't respond. This happens even when I'm not clicking around on the game or on the background theme. Then an error message shows up few minutes later saying "Disconnected from server" plus some numbers. Few seconds later, it shuts down, and the game disappears from my task bar completely, and I have to start it up over again from the beginning. I've noticed it hasn't just happened to me, it has happened to a lot of people too. And I'm wondering is it possible to fix it in any way?

I had this issue on my laptop, too. I turned my graphics all the way down and then it let me in without even needing a loading screen. When I was done I turned them up again. I'm not sure if this is a fix or not, or if I just got lucky.

Try this:

Come to the portal leading to the bandit hideout, and stand right on top of it (very close, but without passing through) for a while (maybe up to 30 seconds-1 minute), then go in. As far as I know, the game loads the dungeon interior in the background when you're close, so you might get no loading screen/dc.

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/01/2016 at 7:43 PM, Enhance said:

Try this:

Come to the portal leading to the bandit hideout, and stand right on top of it (very close, but without passing through) for a while (maybe up to 30 seconds-1 minute), then go in. As far as I know, the game loads the dungeon interior in the background when you're close, so you might get no loading screen/dc.

I can second Enhance's idea, it worked for me 1st time. If you see the instance portal stuttering as you stand close to it take that as a sign of it loading but give it a munute even when starts to spin smoothly again :)

Thanks Enhance, very simple workaround

18 minutes ago, Highlord90 said:

I can second Enhance's idea, it worked for me 1st time. If you see the instance portal stuttering as you stand close to it take that as a sign of it loading but give it a munute even when starts to spin smoothly again :)

Thanks Enhance, very simple workaround

this does nothing more than what the loading screen does though.

Archived