High-End PCs Capping at 40FPS

InVizO

3 minutes ago, RektChubabe said:

Nope, i play 4k at max settings and dont have your issues at all.

i5 6600k @4.5 on water ,msi M7 gaming MB,  msi gaming gtx 980ti, 16 gigs of ripjaws DDR4 @ 3002, Samsung pro 850 SSD 512,  windows 10 etc, no idea what the problem is but yeah.

Also your pc is hardly "high" end its mid range at best.

Did you just call dual GTX 980 "Mid Range"?

Well anyway i agree with op there are certain systems that run the game good some do not.

I run 2 systems .

FX 8350 @ 5.25 ghz

R9 290x  @ 1900mhz

8G RAM DDR3

MSI 970

1920x1080 20-40 FPS On Ultra

800x600 low end 40-60 fps everything up2date.

i7 7790k@4.7ghz

2x PNY GTX 980 OC.

16GB DDR3

MSI Z170A

1920x1080 30-60 FPS On Ultra

800x600 Low end Settings 55~60 Fps everything up2date

Both Setups should run the game on Ultra with 100 fps +. yet they do not.

I build those systems myself , disabled everything in order to make Windows 10 working with games and i do not have issues with any Game.

Manhunt from 2001 Runs flawless , so does MDK or the Old Quake games.

Fallout4/Witcher3/Dragon Age Inquisition/GtaV MaxDetails , doubled Shadow resolution 60fps stable. with ubersampling in the first 3 titles.

The game has issues , only because you do not have them doesn't mean they don't exist for others.

12 minutes ago, PerfectInputs said:

Did you just call dual GTX 980 "Mid Range"?

Well anyway i agree with op there are certain systems that run the game good some do not.

I run 2 systems .

FX 8350 @ 5.25 ghz

R9 290x  @ 1900mhz

8G RAM DDR3

MSI 970

1920x1080 20-40 FPS On Ultra

800x600 low end 40-60 fps everything up2date.

i7 7790k@4.7ghz

2x PNY GTX 980 OC.

16GB DDR3

MSI Z170A

1920x1080 30-60 FPS On Ultra

800x600 Low end Settings 55~60 Fps everything up2date

Both Setups should run the game on Ultra with 100 fps +. yet they do not.

I build those systems myself , disabled everything in order to make Windows 10 working with games and i do not have issues with any Game.

Manhunt from 2001 Runs flawless , so does MDK or the Old Quake games.

Fallout4/Witcher3/Dragon Age Inquisition/GtaV MaxDetails , doubled Shadow resolution 60fps stable. with ubersampling in the first 3 titles.

The game has issues , only because you do not have them doesn't mean they don't exist for others.

The GTX 980 is probably mid range, as in it is not a GTX 980 ti which is high end along with the Titan, although the titan and 980ti, I believe both, are 5k ready.

That aside, I would consider the 970/980 to be mid range as well (not the 980ti). Face it, in a generation of audio and visualphiles the 980 and 970 are the minimum aside from your cpu.

I see your over clocked your FX 8350. Do you find you notice a major difference? Have you run it with Fallout 4 or Skyrim/GTA? (Personal interest as we run the same CPU and I was thinking of overclocking mine as well)

At 1920x1080 running everything max on a GTX 970 minimum should be smooth as butter, as the saying goes, regardless if it's any of the games above (Fallout has the same pre-rendering/loading issue. I don't know if it runs on the same engine, though. I wouldn't be surprised.) I run Skyrim on DSR x4/Fallout on 1080p maxed out completely smooth with stutters in town.

At first I thought it was our processor but now it appears as though it is simply poor coding... Very interesting to know; makes me second guess putting the money in to a new i7 and new mobo.

This seems like something that should really be addressed, but being Ncsoft I would not be surprised, as usual, if the most we got was a Community Rep who says "I'll forward it along to HQ" and we will never hear anything of it for years until head office finally gives us a nod saying "Ya, we see this is an issue." and that's it.

5 minutes ago, Glint said:

The GTX 980 is probably mid range, as in it is not a GTX 980 ti which is high end along with the Titan, although the titan and 980ti, I believe both, are 5k ready.

That aside, I would consider the 970/980 to be mid range as well (not the 980ti). Face it, in a generation of audio and visualphiles the 980 and 970 are the minimum aside from your cpu.

I see your over clocked your FX 8350. Do you find you notice a major difference? Have you run it with Fallout 4 or Skyrim/GTA? (Personal interest as we run the same CPU and I was thinking of overclocking mine as well)

At 1920x1080 running everything max on a GTX 970 minimum should be smooth as butter, as the saying goes, regardless if it's any of the games above (Fallout has the same pre-rendering/loading issue. I don't know if it runs on the same engine, though. I wouldn't be surprised.) I run Skyrim on DSR x4/Fallout on 1080p maxed out completely smooth with stutters in town.

At first I thought it was our processor but now it appears as though it is simply poor coding... Very interesting to know; makes me second guess putting the money in to a new i7 and new mobo.

This seems like something that should really be addressed, but being Ncsoft I would not be surprised, as usual, if the most we got was a Community Rep who says "I'll forward it along to HQ" and we will never hear anything of it for years until head office finally gives us a nod saying "Ya, we see this is an issue." and that's it.

Todays standards sure debateable i see ^^

As for the FX8350 Overclock , it is totally worth it if done correctly but you need either watercooling or a really good Fan.

it also depends on the Chip the voltage and the PSU but in general i'd say ye go for it because it's basicly free performance.

I also don't have an HDD or an SDD , i run SSHDS's in both systems but that shouldn't result in bad performance.

It's just really sad to suffer from Lag and random fps drops in a game you've waited a really long time for..

That being said i didn't have those problems in the Russian or .SEA versions , i played those quite a bit and had everything on max.

I highly suspect the NCLauncher to be malfunctioning with the Drivers in general , sure it runs on Windows 10 but i've seen ALOT of posts from people who have low performance on a speaking of the game being rather old "good enough" system.

I contacted the support and talked with amd's and intel's support .

NCsoft gave me an copy pasta tip from reddit.

Intel just ignored me.

But the amd still sends me tips on what i could do have the game possibly run better , unfortunately i already disabled all the services that suck performance out.

If it's really addressed with poor coding and windows 10 combined causing instability in the game then it might take another year(let's hope not..) for an fix.

Only time will tell.

58 minutes ago, RektChubabe said:

i5 6600k @4.5 on water ,msi M7 gaming MB,  msi gaming gtx 980ti, 16 gigs of ripjaws DDR4 @ 3002, Samsung pro 850 SSD 512,  windows 10 etc, no idea what the problem is but yeah.

28 minutes ago, Glint said:

Oh my god, I can't believe I actually read not one of these posts, but two of them.  I guess I forgot how tech-illiterate the MMORPG crowd usually are.  These are those who hype Alienware machines as God's gift to man and think their pre-built PCs are absolutely amazing.    

The GTX 980, 980 Ti, and Titan X are considered high-end and are the best single performing cards of this generation (until Pascal comes out).  Some even consider the GTX 970 as high or mid-high end.  So notice OP said he had 2x980s SLI'd.  That's not a mid-end machine.  Also, I'm laughing that you really think that your i5-6600K is better than the i7-4790K.  At best, you'll get similar gaming performance, but the i7 will destroy the i5 in multi-threaded applications.  Skylake barely improves anything from Haswell in terms of performance, other than being DDR4 capable.  I myself have an i5-6400 @ 4.4 GHz via BLCK overclocking, so it performs pretty much the same as your i5-6600K, and believe me, an i7 is much better.

Also, LOL at the Titan X and 980 Ti being "5K worthy".  Where did you read that?  Or did you make it up to sound tech-savvy?  I guess you must be playing Minecraft @ 8K resolution.  No single card out today can play modern games at 5K resolution and maintain any playable FPS.  I have a Gigabyte G1 980 Ti  @ 1522MHz.  It can barely handle 4K so stop the BS (for example, the 980 Ti can barely play the Witcher 3 @ 4k).  Not to mention, you can't even play Assassin's Creed Syndicate at 2K without turning down settings.  I consider anything at 60 FPS or higher playable.  The only semi-modern games that I can play @ 4K with at least 60 FPS are Bioshock Infinite and Batman: Arkham Origins.    

And I have the same problems as OP on not one of my machines, but two of them.  One is a high-end gaming laptop (i7-4720HQ and GTX 970M) and the other my desktop PC.  Both have shitty framerates, but more so my laptop.    

With Windows 10, you need to make sure that bring all the background processes under control. Windows 10 is a data miner. Cortonan is a huge peice of shit that uses resources all day long. Windows Edge is another piece of shit that collects all the data you do and sends it to microsoft.

Here is a nice article : http://lifehacker.com/what-windows-10s-privacy-nightmare-settings-actually-1722267229

I will not tell you how to disable cortona, but you can, Search google.

"The controller is ready for 5K (5120x2880, four times the pixels as QuadHD); the 384-bit wide memory interface holds 12 GB of memory.

http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTX-TITAN-X-vs-GeForce-GTX-980-Ti

So not the 980, sorry, but the Titan X.

Regardless, someone mentioned it might be the CPU trying to take load from single cards running physx?

I didn't read, but is it mostly nvidia cards having this issue?

Arrogance aside, I'm here to find out what's wrong, not sound smart. I'm just speaking from what I know. Sorry you felt threatened enough to freak out and deviate from the topic. Maybe you should log your reddit account.

PS: I have never used or advocated alienware. Were you just logged on Mushin by chance?

8 hours ago, Corpius said:

Oh my god, I can't believe I actually read not one of these posts, but two of them.  I guess I forgot how tech-illiterate the MMORPG crowd usually are.  These are those who hype Alienware machines as God's gift to man and think their pre-built PCs are absolutely amazing.    

The GTX 980, 980 Ti, and Titan X are considered high-end and are the best single performing cards of this generation (until Pascal comes out).  Some even consider the GTX 970 as high or mid-high end.  So notice OP said he had 2x980s SLI'd.  That's not a mid-end machine.  Also, I'm laughing that you really think that your i5-6600K is better than the i7-4790K.  At best, you'll get similar gaming performance, but the i7 will destroy the i5 in multi-threaded applications.  Skylake barely improves anything from Haswell in terms of performance, other than being DDR4 capable.  I myself have an i5-6400 @ 4.4 GHz via BLCK overclocking, so it performs pretty much the same as your i5-6600K, and believe me, an i7 is much better.

Also, LOL at the Titan X and 980 Ti being "5K worthy".  Where did you read that?  Or did you make it up to sound tech-savvy?  I guess you must be playing Minecraft @ 8K resolution.  No single card out today can play modern games at 5K resolution and maintain any playable FPS.  I have a Gigabyte G1 980 Ti  @ 1522MHz.  It can barely handle 4K so stop the BS (for example, the 980 Ti can barely play the Witcher 3 @ 4k).  Not to mention, you can't even play Assassin's Creed Syndicate at 2K without turning down settings.  I consider anything at 60 FPS or higher playable.  The only semi-modern games that I can play @ 4K with at least 60 FPS are Bioshock Infinite and Batman: Arkham Origins.    

And I have the same problems as OP on not one of my machines, but two of them.  One is a high-end gaming laptop (i7-4720HQ and GTX 970M) and the other my desktop PC.  Both have shitty framerates, but more so my laptop.    

Firstly i did not compare my system to his, nor state it was anything way to go assuming that by posting what im running and playing this game in 4k in that was somehow linked to my i5 being better than an i7, secondly my machine is for gaming full stop which is the very reason it currently has an i5, if at some point the new direct X means im better off with an i7 sure but as of right now putting an i7 in a gaming rig is a complete waste of money.

I do not count his 980 sli as a high end system, nor really the rest of his stuff because i look at it vs the actual high end builds that most of us cant afford.

High end today is you know the best stuff u can get in my eyes, aka Titan X, i7590x extreme, need i go on ?

Running an older i7 and 980's is mid range to me, sorry if that offended your little eyes.

As for what the cause is im going to put my money on Game Guard, do some research on it,its the worst thing to ever put on your pc but  sadly with BnS there was no choice so here we are.

On a side note, i see you bashing AlienWare, tell me have you ever owned one ? I would pay $3k again  for the laptop i had any day of the week, to play 30+ hour straight sessions on rift and WoW with high settings and have no heating issues, stable, is a pretty epic task for a laptop if you ask me, i find %95 of people who bash alienware either A.cant afford it or B. have never owned it, sure like anything they may have bad quaility control issues over the years or put out a few duds but the engineering and performance out of their laptops is more than enough for me to put my money down time and time again.

3 hours ago, RektChubabe said:

Firstly i did not compare my system to his, nor state it was anything way to go assuming that by posting what im running and playing this game in 4k in that was somehow linked to my i5 being better than an i7, secondly my machine is for gaming full stop which is the very reason it currently has an i5, if at some point the new direct X means im better off with an i7 sure but as of right now putting an i7 in a gaming rig is a complete waste of money.

I do not count his 980 sli as a high end system, nor really the rest of his stuff because i look at it vs the actual high end builds that most of us cant afford.

High end today is you know the best stuff u can get in my eyes, aka Titan X, i7590x extreme, need i go on ?

Running an older i7 and 980's is mid range to me, sorry if that offended your little eyes.

As for what the cause is im going to put my money on Game Guard, do some research on it,its the worst thing to ever put on your pc but  sadly with BnS there was no choice so here we are.

On a side note, i see you bashing AlienWare, tell me have you ever owned one ? I would pay $3k again  for the laptop i had any day of the week, to play 30+ hour straight sessions on rift and WoW with high settings and have no heating issues, stable, is a pretty epic task for a laptop if you ask me, i find %95 of people who bash alienware either A.cant afford it or B. have never owned it, sure like anything they may have bad quaility control issues over the years or put out a few duds but the engineering and performance out of their laptops is more than enough for me to put my money down time and time again.

People hate Alienware not because they are "too poor" to afford them lol.  I don't see people hating Ferrari's or Lambos, because 99.9% of the population can't afford them.  They hate them because you're literally paying a premium just to have a brand name attached to your product.  Why would anyone buy a 3K PC when they can buy a 1.5K one that has THE EXACT SAME SPECS?  It's the same reason why Macs are so expensive for the crap hardware they have.  If you have that money to spend, more power to you.  It is your money, after all.  It's just not great business acumen.

What I was suggesting was that brands like Alienware try and appeal to the lowest common denominator in the PC world.  They rely on advertising and inexperienced buyers (i.e. young teenagers or console users) to make sales.  People who know PCs know it's always better to either 1) make their own or 2) do their research on different brands if they really want a pre-built.  There are tons of laptop companies out there that have superior quality and hardware for half the price of an Alienware.  I have a Sager right now, and there are tons of others like Eurocom that are very customizable.  These all perform the same, the only difference between them and the Alienware are that they don't have the name "Alienware" attached to them and that they cost half the price.

3 hours ago, Corpius said:

People hate Alienware not because they are "too poor" to afford them lol.  I don't see people hating Ferrari's or Lambos, because 99.9% of the population can't afford them.  They hate them because you're literally paying a premium just to have a brand name attached to your product.  Why would anyone buy a 3K PC when they can buy a 1.5K one that has THE EXACT SAME SPECS?  It's the same reason why Macs are so expensive for the crap hardware they have.  If you have that money to spend, more power to you.  It is your money, after all.  It's just not great business acumen.

What I was suggesting was that brands like Alienware try and appeal to the lowest common denominator in the PC world.  They rely on advertising and inexperienced buyers (i.e. young teenagers or console users) to make sales.  People who know PCs know it's always better to either 1) make their own or 2) do their research on different brands if they really want a pre-built.  There are tons of laptop companies out there that have superior quality and hardware for half the price of an Alienware.  I have a Sager right now, and there are tons of others like Eurocom that are very customizable.  These all perform the same, the only difference between them and the Alienware are that they don't have the name "Alienware" attached to them and that they cost half the price.

Alienware is not a bad brand so long as you dont pay full price. I fully believe they pander to tech illiterate children but some stellar deals can be had on Dell Outlet. 

I got a 17 R3 with skylake 6820hk, 16 gb ram, 4k IGZO screen, 256 gb PCI-express SSD, 1 tb 7200 RPM drive and GTX 980m for ~$842 after coupon. They send these coupons out monthly or so. 

Dont ever ever ever pay full price for any Dell/Alienware machine you can almost always get it at least half off in the dell outlet. 

6 hours ago, Juggar said:

Alienware is not a bad brand so long as you dont pay full price. I fully believe they pander to tech illiterate children but some stellar deals can be had on Dell Outlet. 

I got a 17 R3 with skylake 6820hk, 16 gb ram, 4k IGZO screen, 256 gb PCI-express SSD, 1 tb 7200 RPM drive and GTX 980m for ~$842 after coupon. They send these coupons out monthly or so. 

Dont ever ever ever pay full price for any Dell/Alienware machine you can almost always get it at least half off in the dell outlet. 

WTF, are you serious?  That sounds almost too good to be true.  That's such a good price for the specs, maybe I'll check this website out if it's true.  I got my Sager 8651 with an i7-4720HQ and 970M in July for $1,200.  The only laptops in that price range have like a 960M right now.  

I'm running an i5 4590 with a GTX 970, no FXAA, everything on "4" except view distance which are at 5, running 80+ fps perma, even during fights and all...

so there's somethign wrong with you lol.

Have you checked that your FPS aren't locked at 40?

Graphics -> Default Settings

Unsure if this is the same with you but I experienced an issue with my 970M and overclocking.

While overclocked my GPU would downclock to 540Mhz in this game and stick there until i disabled and enabled the device or rebooted. Before anyone says it downclocked due to heat my GPU had not broken 50C at the point of downclocking. (It happened between the pin being entered and the ToS popping up)

I found that on stock clocks I would experience no downclocking like this at all. Perhaps this is an issue is that the game doesn't like overclocked maxwell cards? Perhaps not also and my issue is isolated. But easy one to test with GPU-Z on the sensor tab.

my rig

16 gigs ddr3 ram

cpu intel I7 4790

GTX 780ti no oc

27inch monitor 2560x1440

I get 60 fps except for when there's say about 20 or more players on my screen.I noticed the 2 settings that have alot of impact on my fps are player distance visibility and physics effects.When i turn them 2 down i barley notice my fps fall below 60 hope this helps

4 hours ago, Nocens said:

Unsure if this is the same with you but I experienced an issue with my 970M and overclocking.

While overclocked my GPU would downclock to 540Mhz in this game and stick there until i disabled and enabled the device or rebooted. Before anyone says it downclocked due to heat my GPU had not broken 50C at the point of downclocking. (It happened between the pin being entered and the ToS popping up)

I found that on stock clocks I would experience no downclocking like this at all. Perhaps this is an issue is that the game doesn't like overclocked maxwell cards? Perhaps not also and my issue is isolated. But easy one to test with GPU-Z on the sensor tab.

Check Gpu-Z for what is throttling your card, if its obv not temp is it vrel ?

Well, disabling Physics certainly boosted my FPS. I haven't dropped below 40 in a town crowded with people yet, which makes sense. 

I also stopped my crashing by disabling Razer In-Game Scanner and the SDK service. Synapse is fine to run outside of those.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/21/2016 at 0:27 PM, InVizO said:

Hello,

This game clearly has a bottleneck within the code/engine.

My rig:

i7 4790K up to 4.8ghz

Asus Sabertooth Mark 1 Motherboard

16GB DDR3 - capped frequencies

2x Nvidia 980GTX - SLI is off due to game

Samsung 850 512GB SSD

Asus Xonar STX Audio

Win 10 x64

Water-cooled

2560x1440 resolution

Maximum settings = 41-60 FPS depending on area and population

Level 4 Settings = 42-60 FPS

Level 3 Settings = 44-60 FPS

Level 1 & 2: My eyes almost bled to death from the ugliness.

Please tell me what to buy or what to change so that I can run my native resolution at 60FPS in towns and large dungeons.... Seriously out of ideas myself except for a new $2000 Titan video card when it comes out this summer, and I shouldn't have to do that.  My eyes are fixated on the new 34" monitors that push 3440x1440.  This game would likely be UNPLAYABLE at that resolution.

I was having the same types of issues with the game. My PC Specs aren't are impressive as yours but I am running..

i5 4690K OC'd 4.3GHZ

EVGA GTX 970 4GB DDR5

8 GB DDR3 Ram

I was having frame rate issues until I found a guide that showed me how to properly tweak my graphic settings via Nvidia Inspector. Ever since then I am running a solid 120FPS on max settings in any area, with drops to 45-60 in extremely crowded areas. Check out this link and run with these settings and I'm 100% positive your frame rate issues will go away.

Visit this reddit post and read the second post. https://www.reddit.com/r/bladeandsoul/comments/42y25u/blade_and_soul_optimization_guide_needs/

On 1/24/2016 at 8:03 PM, RektChubabe said:

How is his PC mid range xD, the only thing you have on him is the 980Ti and some DDR4 Ram. Btw, the difference between DDR3 and DDR4 is minimal.

On 2/14/2016 at 10:22 AM, jangalangz said:

How is his PC mid range xD, the only thing you have on him is the 980Ti and some DDR4 Ram. Btw, the difference between DDR3 and DDR4 is minimal.

980ti is where that bridge begins. The 970 is a pretty mid-range card, mostly due to its low cost.

Once you start hitting 980ti/titan you're breaking into a high end zone. Mid-range doesn't necessarily mean quality rather than abundance of people using, etc.

Archived