Forums

Whats up with the P2W?

Bardo

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pay2Win for me means there is an item in the cash shop that cannot be reasonable obtained in game that is required to progress. Good examples are Archeage's regrade charms, the times when Aion puts up Tempering Solutions or Omega Stones into the cash shop, or Aura Kingdom offering anyone who pays $1000 in a month a +20 weapon of their choice.

Currently, no item in the cash shop makes progression significantly easier. Yeah, there are brilliant keys, but they really aren't needed. Just open your boxes with normal keys. But they don't have Poharan Oils up there, or Siren Symbols, or Moonwater Evolution Stones, Naryu Silvers, or Soulstones - All of which will be major stumbling blocks to get weapons upgraded. They only have cosmetics and a few convenience items.

Just now, Carsten said:

Yes.  Its typcial behavior of most f2p players these days.  (not saying everyone like this) sadly this is the whole reason most f2p players are looked down upon. 
No need to bring up faction chat as a example..

Still it seems that all the paying players seem to pick on and harass f2p also what is going on is that people are assuming just because someone is complaining means their f2p.

Ppl keep saying things like "another f2p pleb" and like "another spoiled f2p brat" like no those are insults and harassment in some cases.

Ppl need to stop like seriously 

1 minute ago, Meliran said:

Pay2Win for me means there is an item in the cash shop that cannot be reasonable obtained in game that is required to progress. Good examples are Archeage's regrade charms, the times when Aion puts up Tempering Solutions or Omega Stones into the cash shop, or Aura Kingdom offering anyone who pays $1000 in a month a +20 weapon of their choice.

Currently, no item in the cash shop makes progression significantly easier. Yeah, there are brilliant keys, but they really aren't needed. Just open your boxes with normal keys. But they don't have Poharan Oils up there, or Siren Symbols, or Moonwater Evolution Stones, Naryu Silvers, or Soulstones - All of which will be major stumbling blocks to get weapons upgraded. They only have cosmetics and a few convenience items.

Never played those games but Aura kingdom isnt pay to win lol.....

2 minutes ago, dmoe33 said:

Still it seems that all the paying players seem to pick on and harass f2p also what is going on is that people are assuming just because someone is complaining means their f2p.

Ppl keep saying things like "another f2p pleb" and like "another spoiled f2p brat" like no those are insults and harassment in some cases.

They need to stop feeding the trolls/haters

43 minutes ago, Bardo said:

Why did you guys at NCSoft allow this to happend? You said it CLEARLY in your live streams, that you would not allow this game to become Pay to win and yet look at the game now.

People buying items on your Real money shop ingame and sell them on Marketplace and so, that creates players that has LOADS of ingame cash, just enough to outbid ALL items when they play dungeons. Then people can do those instances 100 times and get 0 loot because one guy gets ALL loot.

You need to change this ASAP! Since you force all players to enter these dungeons to get their upgrades for their weapons.

I really cant forget that you didnt hold up to what you(devs from NCSoft) promised before game was released. It's really pathetic.

I havn't run a dungeon since beta cuz i'm taking my sweet time now but I thought when those people outbid you, their money gets given to the party. So basically all their doing is spending their real money to give you ingame money to get the item b4 you. And I don't think those items really give them any clear advantage over you, don't those items only really affect PvE?

3 minutes ago, dmoe33 said:

You walk down the road, and a person you trust is giving out free hot dogs. But there is no mustard included - you have to pay $1 for that. Do you complain that there is no mustard unless you pay, or do you thank the person for the hot dog?

7 minutes ago, dmoe33 said:

people hate whinners. people hate whinning.  
I didnt see whinning til lanuch.  in about first 4 hours i think first 50 people QQing about stalker weapons RNG. 
people pick on f2p players.  i played many game releases, this is the first time i play one with head-set and f2p model.  and whole communinty of game changed over night, the nice and useful faction chat became HQ of ranting. 
I ran blackram narrows for the outfit, b4 lanuch people was friendly enough to thank you for boost thru it, afterward i been flamed because it either didnt go quick enough, or they died due to pulling,  

I give all people a chance, but there is a reason many ´paying ´ players have this hatred of f2p players thinking this is LoL. better accept the reality then make excuses. game should been released like gw2. pay for the game, f2p afterward. 

I don't think the game is P2W but it definitely is set up to squeeze cash out of you just in general but nothing they sell really gives you any advantages.  May allow you to progress certain things a little faster but that's not really unusual in F2P games.  In general I don't really have an issue with that as with MMO's there's always going to be people ahead of you regardless of if they got their legit or bought a convenience item to assist progression.  As long as you can't buy the most powerful stuff or items needed to craft the good stuff are locked behind a pay wall or so hard to get legit that it basically forces you to pay anyway.  Those are the pay to win games, this game right now is more of a pay to save time.  Like needing a specific guy to get your class specific weapon from a chest, said key being in the shop.  Now you don't need that key as you can still get your weapon randomly from the same chest but the key saves you time potentially.  Same with the upgrade ingredients on the shop, you can get them from dailies and what not but certainly it's faster to buy them if you don't mind spending the cash.

None of that is pay to win though, not saying I like all of the decisions with their pay set up but it's not P2W to me.  My biggest issue with F2P games these days is that they screw you over.  The entire point of F2P is to give people the option of playing the game w/o the headache of a monthly sub.  Thing is these companies are so greedy they still come up with a monthly sub plan...in this case "premium" which is fine but then they still nickel and dime you in the cash shop.  So they're still getting their 14.99 or whatever but you still have to pay more money on top of that for simple stuff and this game is worst than most in that regard.  I bought a premium mostly just b/c it's not much money and I try to support the games I play but to still be limited to two character slots and a minimal inventory, etc. is just annoying.  Most of the stuff they give you on a premium sub is generally not all that useful, same is true in this game but the even more laughable thing is they don't even give you a "full" sub, their sub actually levels up.  So not only do they take your monthly fee money they then want you to spend even more money in their shop to "level up" your premium status to it's full potential.

So yeah I have plenty of issues with how they set up their cash shop, P2W just isn't one of them.

Get your facts right before posting any nonsense. 

PVP = equalized for arena. 

PVE - sure but who cares? it only make your team faster when clearing dungeons

not to mention you can get premium items as a free to play user, what more do you want?

8 minutes ago, TakunDes said:

Get your facts right before posting any nonsense. 

PVP = equalized for arena. 

PVE - sure but who cares? it only make your team faster when clearing dungeons

not to mention you can get premium items as a free to play user, what more do you want?

This. You said it perfffffectly. 

1 hour ago, Carsten said:

people hate whinners. people hate whinning.  
I didnt see whinning til lanuch.  in about first 4 hours i think first 50 people QQing about stalker weapons RNG. 
people pick on f2p players.  i played many game releases, this is the first time i play one with head-set and f2p model.  and whole communinty of game changed over night, the nice and useful faction chat became HQ of ranting. 
I ran blackram narrows for the outfit, b4 lanuch people was friendly enough to thank you for boost thru it, afterward i been flamed because it either didnt go quick enough, or they died due to pulling,  

I give all people a chance, but there is a reason many ´paying ´ players have this hatred of f2p players thinking this is LoL. better accept the reality then make excuses. game should been released like gw2. pay for the game, f2p afterward. 

Ofc people hate whiners i do too and the only thing im pissed about (being an f2p) is ques which on my server (Jiwan) the que is capped most of the time and the prem que is like 500+, but see ur assuming that these are f2p players how did u know that those players were f2p? How did u know if they actually spent money? Right now the only reasonable thing ppl are complaining about is actually GETTING IN the game which honestly im with them cause it is BS (remedies soon hopefully). This harassment and generalization of f2p players needs to stop.

@OP

Play with friends, not PuGs.

Stop assuming a game is "Free". Nothing in this world is free. People who pay money into the game are going to get something extra out of it. That's life!

If you stop ranting about someone taking the loot you wanted, and instead ask nicely (you know basic communication skillz), maybe they might let you have it. At the very least, you might be able to make some friends with a nicer attitude.  

Someones salty they didn't win a costume rofl.

I don't see how this is a bad thing. 

NCsoft gets rich persons money. 

F2p player that no life grinds gets to buy items with in game gold. 

Player in dungeon gets virtually FREE gold in dungeon if the other guy buys everything,

If you really don't like it you can always make friends and do it as a group.

You're literally acting like you have no alternative and the whole system is ruining your game. When in actual fact there's no loser in this scenario lmao. 

I am not an expert, I can't tell you what is pay 2 win and what is not. I pretty much follow googles definition.

Keywords: definition pay2win

Result:  Pay to win is when a game company sells stuff that gives an in game advantage through micro transactions. So, it'd be like if Blizzard started selling gear in the blizzard store

We don't really need to argue pay2win though, It is a gaming term and as such like everything else game related, people have their own view regardless of what a definition is.

I have not experienced this issue in game. I have seen people spend a good bit on a costume, but I have yet to need a dungeon more then 10 times to get everything (excluding costumes)

My opinion may be different but I can relate to getting frustrated when it seems like something you rightfully earned and have a right to is taken from you by someone else. I don't think you should let it cloud your judgement, linking losing a few bids to people getting too much money from cash shop is a stretch.

Okaaaaay what the heck guys? So you want classic roll a dice system? Where if you don't get highest roll you get nothing? Or better this, where you can let rich people bid and you can TAKE that money. Heck you can easily farm money by repeating 45 dungs even without quests, passing on bids and just collecting nice money, you can earn 20-30s from each run. 5 runs = 1g which less than an hour. Also add daily quests, crafting that just requires few clicks and that's it!
Also, PvP is gear equalized, PvE doesn't require god like gear, like I rushed to 45, didn't upgrade accessories even till 5 moonwater stone parts and weap stuck on 2nd upgrade for moonwater transformation and you can still do every single dungeon if you can dodge (god this is such a common problem, go play osu or something to improve your reflexes). And I'm talking about end game dungeons.
So how is this p2w? You literealy earn more money from people who sell cash shop items. And heck I bought master founders pack my self and no freaking way I'm going to sell NCoins for in game gold, getting my self what I need consumes all NCoins, because if you would look at them, you would see that prices at cash shop are HUGE.

Archived