Bid Dungeon System

Camui

2 minutes ago, 900264_1452550656 said:

Just imagine, you're a veteran in the game, have 4000 gold , but every time the legendary or rare item drops in the rare a first time newb gets a higher roll than you, is THAT fair? I'd much rather lose the item to a higher bidder and get a lot of gold out of it than let RNG decide .

Actually, that's where fair part takes place. Just because it's their first run doesn't mean they don't deserve items. It was a run in which both of you participated, why would you have more priority than him if you both need the item. RNG decides and everyone has the same chance.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Mesmerize said:

Actually, that's where fair part takes place. Just because it's their first run doesn't mean they don't deserve items. It was a run in which both of you participated, why would you have more priority than him if you both need the item. RNG decides and everyone has the same chance.

well i prefer to get a lil something for my efford aswell instead of leaving the dungeon with nothing but time spent to get others equipped xD

4 hours ago, Uberkafros said:

A simple Need/Greed system is all that is needed.

This bid system is way too trollish .

4 hours ago, Camui said:

As the title already says, the system for items to drop in dungeons or open world whenever the player is in a group is pitiful.

For example, even though ur lucky enough that your item/wep drops in that run, u still need to bid for it. The highest bidder get's that item/wep which is ridiculous. At least if there is such a system then make the trading available!

But like this poor players have to spent amounts of money inorder to get their stuff in dungeon runs.

That's one of the reasons why we have a marketplace  to trade with oneanother.

Actually this is the first game i ever played that had such an (sorry to say) crap bidding system for item drops. It's truly sad because bid/trade is a big main issue which spoils the gameplay in BnS. I really do hope this is going to change in future or be completely demolished or be overlapped with a Dice/Roll system or at least make the trading for items/weps/gears available.

4 hours ago, Farinali said:

yes i have to agree with that, that money bid thing is freakin stupid but i doubt they will change it...sry guys

Explaining why this system is better than the others.

first of system is AMAZING! any hardcore gamer that have run tons of dungeons in other mmo's would agree.

secondly, you can change the rules to RR, or FFA, or Some on/off.

so they do have everything that people would like ^^

but the bidding system is no doubt the best system i have seen in an mmo... for many many reasons... i do not really care writting a long list over why, since most people wouldnt get it anyway unless they are already knowledgeble and experiecned enough and then they would already see the positives of it

The bidding system is the best thing since sliced bread as it creates a win win situation with every loot drop instead of an RNG win-lose-lose-lose-lose-lose situation. the outcome is always winloot-winmoney-winmoney-winmoney-winmoney-winmoney.  it's almost troll proof as trollers who superbid either lose their money, or jump ship to the next area/leave the instance which resets the auction.  Hell even if the guy outbidding got his money via real money, the end result is his in game money is now everyone else's and oh no, he has a loot item earlier than someone else, how terrible.  And the other folks will have to run it again maybe to get that item, the horror!

On top of that, you still have the RNG system in the game for weapons as you get a locked chest for the weapon by default when you finish the last boss,  It's practically a need/greed system made just for you so you can still enjoy loosing the roll as much as you like!

Just now, Tjaranis said:

first of system is AMAZING! any hardcore gamer that have run tons of dungeons in other mmo's would agree.

secondly, you can change the rules to RR, or FFA, or Some on/off.

so they do have everything that people would like ^^

but the bidding system is no doubt the best system i have seen in an mmo... for many many reasons... i do not really care writting a long list over why, since most people wouldnt get it anyway unless they are already knowledgeble and experiecned enough and then they would already see the positives of it

Have to agree with this.

Really loving the bidding system. I was sceptical about it until I did my first dungeon.

Learn to pass on stuff you don't need and collect the money from it to win the bids that do matter.

41 minutes ago, Olivar said:

Have to agree with this.

Really loving the bidding system. I was sceptical about it until I did my first dungeon.

Learn to pass on stuff you don't need and collect the money from it to win the bids that do matter.

Yer right?

I heard about the system and was like ”wtf this is going to be TERRIBLE RABLERABLERABLE!!!!”

then sit down and thought about what it actually accomplished, and I was like “THIS IS AMAZING!!!!!” and when trying it is was awesome

The whole “I NEED THIS!” thing have always been an issue, because who decides who needs something more? And just making it RNG of who gets it is BS, even RR is BS because one might need it a lot more than someone else, and what about the person who is just unlucky? They will never get anything, in Aion we ran a premade group where we did the important dungeons each time cd was gone, we did 2 runs of bashmundir a day for roughly 4-5months (selling stuff after we where geared), our cleric never got more than 2 of his armour pieces o.O everytime it dropped was on runs where he for some reason couldn’t come (which was damn rare), several of us had 2-3 full sets (6 slotted).

So he basically ran an instance roughly 250+ times and never got more than 2 pieces of his gear from those runs (didn’t matter two much since we where good at selling stuff and we all where doing it mostly to supplement our PvP intake. But still).

With the Bidding system, there is no more “who needs it more”, nope the one that needs it the most will bid the highest, they will be ok with paying more for it, and if they are not well then they get a % of the cash others think it is worth, so in worse case it will take 6 drops before they have gotten more cash than the best price they refused to pay (and at that point they can just use that cash to buy the item on the next drop).

At the same time you get the ability to decide “how much do I want for this before I wouldn’t just rather pay it myself and use it as upgrade item or salvage” so items worth becomes what you think it is worth, and if you bid you often end up having to pay the bid, which is fine.

A VERY important thing it does is “GIVE NEW PLAYERS THE ABILITY TO EQUALIZE ECCONOMY!”

We all know joining an mmo that have been out for years means you will NEVER get the ingame cash to buy the COOL stuff, because the cool stuffs prices is the accumulated wealth of maybe YEARS of playing through the game, that kind of cash you can’t gather within reason.

However with THIS bidding system it is no problem, “OW you joined when all gear is now 400gold per pizzaSlice(yes I call them that, they look like pizza :P ), well doesn’t matter run some instances and get 1/6 of that price, making you have the resources to compete on AH etc extremely fast, and making it still possible for you to get your gear on the 6’s drop”.

That is something that you could NEVER do in other games.

Lets talk aion as an example: the expensive sold items was like 1billion kinah (at lvl 55), that kind of money was something only a handful of people even had on the servers.

So if you wanted this item, well run for weeks/months, hope it drops and PRAY your group is cool with giving you a 1bill item, or hope to win it.

Instead here, you either get it or get a TON of cash to buy the weapon or item you want, maybe from somewhere else.

Now the ONLY big issue I see with this is:

1: goldsellers and goldbuyers need to be handlet with EXTREME aggression and ZERO tolerance, like swat team storm their house aggression.

2: Ncsoft cannot for ANY reason, no matter What!!!, have any system where you in Any way can translate RL money into ingame currency.

3: manipulation of the AH/marketplace to abuse the system for extreme profits (ncsoft have been VERY VERY good at perma banning people doing this in their other games Yeee)

Since these two could course major P2W feel within the community. (when that is said it is STILL the best system for these things, because it will help equalizing wealth much more effectively, meaning if a LOT of people buy a LOT of gold, everyone will just have higher average gold, because goldbuyers will outbid each other and everyone else in their group will get rich on it.)

Anyway there is so many positives I could go on for a long time. I am very happy with the bidding system and think it is awesome ^^

Archived