Bid Dungeon System

Camui

1 hour ago, Camui said:

As the title already says, the system for items to drop in dungeons or open world whenever the player is in a group is pitiful.

For example, even though ur lucky enough that your item/wep drops in that run, u still need to bid for it. The highest bidder get's that item/wep which is ridiculous. At least if there is such a system then make the trading available!

But like this poor players have to spent amounts of money inorder to get their stuff in dungeon runs.

That's one of the reasons why we have a marketplace  to trade with oneanother.

Actually this is the first game i ever played that had such an (sorry to say) crap bidding system for item drops. It's truly sad because bid/trade is a big main issue which spoils the gameplay in BnS. I really do hope this is going to change in future or be completely demolished or be overlapped with a Dice/Roll system or at least make the trading for items/weps/gears available.

Well if you're lucky that your weapon drops you might be unlucky and lose the RNG to somebody else. With this system you can at least fight for it.Not to mention the most important thing of you being able to change the loot.

I assume you're talking about the lvl 20 purple dungeon.The weapon that drops at the end is untradable thus the person who is a different class but bids on it is the one to blame, not the system. 

And most importantly, you want to eliminate a system which guarantees that you will at least come out of the dungeon richer if not with the item you want. The winning bid is split between the other people in the group. So on the contrary, this bid system is what makes running dungeons that much more enjoyable because you know that you're not wasting your time and the least that you will get is money.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Quodaax said:

If the bidding system stays in the game, I will leave forever. Simple as that.

Guess its good bye for you then.

Game has been out since 2012, exists in KR/JP/CN/TW, with over 1.5M players in CN along. I highly doubt KR is going to rewrite their working system for you.

3 minutes ago, Laoshottie said:

bidding is good, but I believe some more rules could be applied, like only a class can roll on this class only item to prevent trolls from taking your needed item

This so much, untradeable class items shouldn't be bid on by anyone besides the class.

I like the system so far, I mean, sure if you want something it can be annoying being in a bidding war - but at the end of the day if you want it that badly you just keep bidding as much as you can afford. I like that the bid money gets shared out between the other players in the party, a really good way to get money for your runs. I hate RNG rolling for loot and hoping you roll higher than someone who may not even want the item but they rolled anyway and will probably win it. At least this way unless they are a rich and stupid troll they will generally give up bidding against you when the price>troll factor. And you get your item.

Keep the system imo  I think it works well.

1 minute ago, AIDATriEdge said:

Well if you're lucky that your weapon drops you might be unlucky and lose the RNG to somebody else. With this system you can at least fight for it.Not to mention the most important thing of you being able to change the loot.

Now i assume you're talking about Blackram. The weapon that drops at the end is untradable thus the person who is a different class but bids on it is the one to blame, not the system. 

And most importantly, you want to eliminate a system which guarantees that you will at least come out of the dungeon richer if not with the item you want. The winning bid is split between the other people in the group. So on the contrary, this bid system is what makes running dungeons that much more enjoyable because you know that you're not wasting your time and the least that you will get is money.

thanks for the heads up. I didn't really understand the system but now i do :D

1 minute ago, AIDATriEdge said:

FFXIV for example, has a good item distribution system. Items that are labeled only usable by certian classes can only be rolled by those classes with a Need button, it will be greyed out for others while others have a Greed button. If the classes that had priority on the item passed, whoever rolled higher on the Greed wins the item. Imo it's such a good system, specially with pugs.

i love the bidding system alot, finally dungeon runs without leaving with empty pockets but im a bit concerned since i had the following situation yesterday:

i went into the dungeon lobby and joined a tomb of exile run, everyone knows its a lvl 36+ dungeon and i found it kinda strange that a lvl 30 joined aswell.

the leader didnt say anything so it was okay for me as long as he isnt standing around afk.

after final boss the costume horns dropped and i was like oh nice let the bidwars begin, time to earn some money.

then i was shocked, that lvl 30 threw in a bid of 1 gold and pushed it up to 2 gold without thinking for a second. wich makes me think of one possible solution. a lvl 30 with more than 2g? no way but is it maybe someone who bought gold from rmt? how does it involves me if such people get banned? do i get my account closed aswell cause i got that rmt gold through the bid system?

maybe a nc-staff comment would be nice cause it really bothers me! =(

i agree with most of the ppls, more dungeons , more gold for me (farming gold from dungeons) . But have one question, i read in other post, that my bid (for example i bid for something 1silver), other bid more, but i loose my 1s, Is this true ?

1 minute ago, Mesmerize said:

FFXIV for example, has a good item distribution system. Items that are labeled only usable by certian classes can only be rolled by those classes with a Need button, it will be greyed out for others while others have a Greed button. If the classes that had priority on the item passed, whoever rolled higher on the Greed wins the item. Imo it's such a good system, specially with pugs.

While this sounds good too, you still have to roll if there's multiple classes and i just detest the rolling system. The less rng, the better. So i just love the bidding. It gives me the sense that i'm in control. Even if someone bids so much i can't outbid or simply don't value that item so high, i will at least come out with the extra <insert colour> coin.

1 hour ago, Uberkafros said:

A simple Need/Greed system is all that is needed.

This bid system is way too trollish .

Yes and No.  Need/Greed system would be 100x WORSE unless class specific items (mainly weapons) were coded to ONLY be need eligible for that class

13 minutes ago, Laoshottie said:

bidding is good, but I believe some more rules could be applied, like only a class can roll on this class only item to prevent trolls from taking your needed item

exactly, this should already be a thing - once people get used to the bidding system this will be abused

5 minutes ago, trenoga said:

i agree with most of the ppls, more dungeons , more gold for me (farming gold from dungeons) . But have one question, i read in other post, that my bid (for example i bid for something 1silver), other bid more, but i loose my 1s, Is this true ?

No. Your money will not be taken. Only the bid winners that pays, and the money shared equally to every party members in the area.

7 minutes ago, Jeanina said:

i love the bidding system alot, finally dungeon runs without leaving with empty pockets but im a bit concerned since i had the following situation yesterday:

i went into the dungeon lobby and joined a tomb of exile run, everyone knows its a lvl 36+ dungeon and i found it kinda strange that a lvl 30 joined aswell.

the leader didnt say anything so it was okay for me as long as he isnt standing around afk.

after final boss the costume horns dropped and i was like oh nice let the bidwars begin, time to earn some money.

then i was shocked, that lvl 30 threw in a bid of 1 gold and pushed it up to 2 gold without thinking for a second. wich makes me think of one possible solution. a lvl 30 with more than 2g? no way but is it maybe someone who bought gold from rmt? how does it involves me if such people get banned? do i get my account closed aswell cause i got that rmt gold through the bid system?

maybe a nc-staff comment would be nice cause it really bothers me! =(

the lv30 probably run the dungeon countless time and got rich from bids that he was able to afford the 2g horn outfit :)

4 minutes ago, AIDATriEdge said:

While this sounds good too, you still have to roll if there's multiple classes and i just detest the rolling system. The less rng, the better. So i just love the bidding. It gives me the sense that i'm in control. Even if someone bids so much i can't outbid or simply don't value that item so high, i will at least come out with the extra <insert colour> coin.

Other classes can't roll on your item unless you pass, unless you mean multiple of the same class, which still sounds more fair than bidding. I actually prefer RNG decide who gets it more than your wallet. I've seen a few higher-than-intended players running lower level dungeons bidding high quantities to make sure they win the items, while high level players have had more farm to gain money and lower ones struggle with the bronze coins.

18 minutes ago, Laoshottie said:

^ This,

As of this year, it will be nearly 10 years of mmo gaming for me. This loot system is a step in the right direction. Not perfect but hella of a lot better than RNG roll system. In Aion's Eternal Bastion(best pve instance in game)  I've never gotten a single mythic gear piece for my Cleric after a year and 2 months of running it. I was always out rolled for it every darn time. I've made a few comments about it over the year and all I've gotten was ''lol''. 

It's a heartbreaking and depressing loot system - especially if some troll child wants to steal your gear piece and heckle you while you vent your anger and beg for it. If this is the loot system the OP and many others want... so be it. Just don't try to suggest it become a standard for BnS, you aren't the ppl we want to play with anyway and we'll gladly point you in the right direction to the door. 

3 minutes ago, Ygnizem said:

the lv30 probably run the dungeon countless time and got rich from bids that he was able to afford the 2g horn outfit :)

i would agree with you but i doubt alot of groups would let him stay since lvl 30 is pretty much oneshot and does no dmg in that dungeon, even with 36 its pretty hard if you dont pay attention for a second.

when i said in group, it looks like we got a goldbuyer his only reply was: ;)

then left. for me it was pretty obvious and the others aswell.

3 minutes ago, Khrail said:

If you need some item, do again the dungeon, if you don't need, do the dungeon and be rich.

Ineed :)

4 minutes ago, Mesmerize said:

Other classes can't roll on your item unless you pass, unless you mean multiple of the same class, which still sounds more fair than bidding. I actually prefer RNG decide who gets it more than your wallet. I've seen a few higher-than-intended players running lower level dungeons bidding high quantities to make sure they win the items, while high level players have had more farm to gain money and lower ones struggle with the bronze coins.

Thanks for the info 

6 minutes ago, teliks said:

No. Your money will not be taken. Only the bid winners that pays, and the money shared equally to every party members in the area.

Thanks mate :)

We just waiting servers back, i want to plaaaaaaay :)

Don't be a greedy whiny kid. 

If you want the item more than anyone else, you put your money on the line.  If you don't have enough money, bid until you cant bid any more and INSTANTLY get more than 20% of your life savings in compensation.

Ill do the math for you... your item drops and you lose the bid DESPITE bidding EVERYTHING only FOUR times and you DOUBLE your money.  Run the dungeon all day and your item drops 10 times... either you win or you end up with over 619% of your starting funds.

If you are cheep and dont bid despite wanting it... go away... you clearly didnt want it.  Srsly... kids like you rolling "need" because you would take it if you could get it for free make me vomit.

3 minutes ago, Mesmerize said:

Yeah, i meant multiple of the same class. Well, that's where our preferences differ then. From my personal experience i'm left to despise RNG. If the higher levels are running the lower level dungeons, they're likely farming the materials (for example that purple nail from the level 20 dungeon) so after a couple of such runs you will have made enough money from their bids to buy what you needed.

I'm sorry but this game's loot system is the BEST I've seen so far , for many reasons :

-The money spend for the bid is given to the other team, so even if you're not getting the item you're getting each time a stronger fighting chance to win the next time. 

-Sure , the winner gets the item, but he is considerable weakened for a while (especially if you're bidding on recipes, that's usually ALL your gold , which is HARD to farm ), so he can't pull that off all the time .

-Most epic items CAN'T be traded , so you can't make a profit out of rare costumes and skin items (kitty costumes are the only exception and there's enough oof them on the ah to make the prices not that high ) .

The result is that players that participate and work hard in the game end up with bigger chances to get a loot when it drops . 

Just imagine, you're a veteran in the game, have 4000 gold , but every time the legendary or rare item drops in the rare a first time newb gets a higher roll than you, is THAT fair? I'd much rather lose the item to a higher bidder and get a lot of gold out of it than let RNG decide .

Look at the gold theme is easy . gold is achieved very quickly in this game and more if you're good framer.

I come to play Chinese played it a long time and then you 'll realize that the system of loot is better than what do you think 

now I'll explain why in the dungeons of high lvl fall sometimes legendary items they serve sometimes not , you I talk about the dungeon lvl 50
 lvl 45 only the Spiral Labyrinth Drops legendary weapons . and if not active, very lucky but not daily if you are too lazy is very easy to get 450 or 500 gold in a week or two.
Otherwise, you sometimes that this way of loot saves you from poverty , there are many people who can not drive to the farm or do not like it,
 and the B & S is a game that depends on the farm if you want to equip you well and buy good stuff

Archived