7 Day Wait For Character Deletion (Premium)

Aahlyia

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, APL said:

So if your character is 15 and under, you can instantly delete it?

I just started the game and was almost done with the tutorial...then got kicked off 'cause maintenance. Read around the forum and realize Jiwan is full of Brazilian speaking Portuguese... 

I need to delete my char and move to another server lol

rude af . they're nice ppl! 

5 minutes ago, Aahlyia said:

I think you are very right! It seems like everything about this game since it's head start launch has been about getting people to pay more money. That's the problem with these previously Asian only games. The developers think all Americans are loaded, and we just spend money as we please on anything we want, all of the time. That's the light we have shed on our Country, unfortunately.

I must add that this deletion over time i saw only in games where you have to pay for character slots, like Archage.

2 minutes ago, deivis said:

I must add that this deletion over time i saw only in games where you have to pay for character slots, like Archage.

Exactly. They can try to sugarcoat it with crap like hacking prevention. But it doesn't take 7 days for you to log in to your account and see that you have been hacked, and report it.

Just now, Perhilion said:

Your only route is to shell few euros or dollars to extra character slots and say "thank you ncsoft for this nice feature". :)

I would create a new account before doing that. In reality, I will probably say, "Thank you NCSoft for wasting my time and money, back to waiting for Black Desert". This launch has been nothing but problems and failures. The first few days it was to be expected. Almost a week later, it's a little ridiculous.

43 minutes ago, Aahlyia said:

I don't know when this started happening, but I have a freaking 7 day wait to delete my character. I'm not just creating and deleting for fun, I'm trying to move from one server to another, and the only way is for me to delete my characters on the old server, and make new ones on the new server. 7 days for your character to be deleted is absolutely insane! (I am also premium, which makes this even more disturbing to me.)

pacience my friend

Just now, Chesnya said:

Brazilians r hot tho. like i wish i made a char on that server, cosukno 

This depends if you are Male or Female really. The women are extremely hairy everywhere. Not cute. The men, however, are also extremely hairy. Mmm. :D

2 minutes ago, Archaegeo said:

It is to make gold sellers / exploiters lives harder.

You cannot trade items till you are level 16, if you have to wait 7 days to delete a character you cant rinse and repeat runs to 15 as easily

Um the exploiters would get the whole account banned and would just start a new account. This only punishes they playing customer.

No such thing as a character history on their servers to do a restore?

It's just a stupid money grab.

38 minutes ago, Aahlyia said:

That is exactly the reason I am leaving Jiwan, and no you can't delete them instantly if they are lvl 15, because mine is 15. It's a 7 day wait now for some bullshit reason.

You have a 7 day wait to protect your characters of higher lvl and gear from being deleted in 5 minutes in the event your account is hacked. Most times a deleted character cannot be recovered, but deleted or stolen items can be. Most games have similar wait periods. This allows customer support enough time to receive a ticket and take action in the event of a hack. 

13 minutes ago, Aahlyia said:

I would create a new account before doing that. In reality, I will probably say, "Thank you NCSoft for wasting my time and money, back to waiting for Black Desert". This launch has been nothing but problems and failures. The first few days it was to be expected. Almost a week later, it's a little ridiculous.

ok problem solved go make a new account to mess around with, also the game wasn't actually released last friday, they actually let you guys in early due to the founder crap, the game still had a shit load of bugs hence the few updates they did during those days, oh and this might be a cash grab now but heres the thing, the version of the game we got is literally about 4-5 years older than the one currently running in korea, if you can figure out where we are at compared to the korean version then you can read their patch notes and figure out updates before they happen, that being said games back then always had a wait period and since there isnt a "stop deletion button" that means the version we got might also be what was crapped out in korea on the day it released, actually it is because i played it back then, but still your whining is complete and utter nonsense in my opinion, the games only been in full release for a few days.

PS: thinking a game wont have screw ups even a week after launch, would get you classed as an imbecile, i can list plenty of popular mmorpgs today that had a rocky start for 2 months

1 minute ago, Neft said:

ok problem solved go make a new account to mess around with, also the game wasn't actually released last friday, they actually let you guys in early due to the founder crap, the game still had a shit load of bugs hence the few updates they did during those days, oh and this might be a cash grab now but heres the thing, the version of the game we got is literally about 4-5 years older than the one currently running in korea, if you can figure out where we are at compared to the korean version then you can read their patch notes and figure out updates before they happen, that being said games back then always had a wait period and since there isnt a "stop deletion button" that means the version we got might also be what was crapped out in korea on the day it released, actually it is because i played it back then, but still your whining is complete and utter nonsense in my opinion, the games only been in full release for a few days.

PS: thinking a game wont have screw ups even a week after launch, would get you classed as an imbecile, i can list plenty of popular mmorpgs today that had a rocky start for 2 months

You do realize that they recently added the 7 day deletion period to the NA servers, right? I don't mean to step on any toes, or tell you that what you are saying has no meaning, but it really doesn't. You just wanted to come out here and spit random facts that everyone already knows, and make people think you are super intelligent and tenured. I see through you. They have had plenty of time to figure all of this shit out, and nothing has been done. They have only made the game worse since it's NA launch, and they will continue to do so. Therefore, you talking about the game being  5 years old means nothing in relation to what I am "Whining" about. I love that word, "whining". Whining is what people do when they haven't been wronged by a company, reporting shitty service is what you do when you have been wronged by a company that you have given money to. You're welcome. :)

15 minutes ago, QueenSheba said:

You have a 7 day wait to protect your characters of higher lvl and gear from being deleted in 5 minutes in the event your account is hacked. Most times a deleted character cannot be recovered, but deleted or stolen items can be. Most games have similar wait periods. This allows customer support enough time to receive a ticket and take action in the event of a hack. 

Lvl 15 char is not high lvl and dont have valuable gear. Why not make 7day deletion at max level ? Its just to make people to buy char slots

3 minutes ago, Aahlyia said:

You do realize that they recently added the 7 day deletion period to the NA servers, right? I don't mean to step on any toes, or tell you that what you are saying has no meaning, but it really doesn't. You just wanted to come out here and spit random facts that everyone already knows, and make people think you are super intelligent and tenured. I see through you. They have had plenty of time to figure all of this shit out, and nothing has been done. They have only made the game worse since it's NA launch, and they will continue to do so. Therefore, you talking about the game being  5 years old means nothing in relation to what I am "Whining" about. I love that word, "whining". Whining is what people do when they haven't been wronged by a company, reporting shitty service is what you do when you have been wronged by a company that you have given money to. You're welcome. :)

that i did not know, i don't care about deleting characters or what server im on i play solo and when i cant solo something in a game due to it literally not being possible at that point and time, i play with my friends, the team working on this is different than the one in korea as well, and if you want to complain without being called a whiner, then go make a ticket because posting it on the forums might as well be a community test to see if you get bashed or supported, and honestly if you have ever played a mmo at release you would know to expect issues.

ive been on MMO's for half of my life, there has NEVER been a launch day that went without problems of some sort, suck it up and move on, if you truly are making a complaint because you feel wronged make a ticket.

FF11 - ran by a massive company its launch roughly 10 years ago was horrible

WoW - had a bad launch as well, also massive company

Diablo 3 - more so an ARPG than an MMORPG but ran by the same company as WoW had a week of downtime at launch.

since i have a feeling this is your very first mmorpg or your very first time playing a game at release day, shit happens, make a ticket, brush yourself off, and either quit or keep playing.

Archived