People acting superior

Anhita

55 minutes ago, Anhita said:

This is probably a dumb topic, but I feel like it should be talked about.

I dont know if Im the only one who noticed((Probably not!)) but I've been noticing people acting superior because they paid money for the game, which just ain't right.

I've never actually seen this in any other MMO forum that i've ever visited and its .. weird. Some people seem to think a valid arguement to people complaining is 'They haven't spent any money! Waaah'

Its just kind of ridiculous.

That's because we are superior in this game. We are the preferred stock holders, while you free to play people are the common stock holders. We come first, we get what we want, and you have no right to complain about our perks because you aren't supporting the company.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just ignore them, I have a chat tab for clan/party and whispers, when I log on I don't even know what's going on in all/faction chat, and I can't say I care. So yea, do that, does wonders.

And ppl who brag about premium or w/e are mostly kids, why even pay attention to those ^^

People acting superior hmm.

Well in head-start atleast on Hao. faction chat wasnt spammed 24/7  with biggest part of it being QQ/ranting about game or LoL related things. 
forcing alot of people to take of faction chat like myself, you come onto forums and the QQ/ranting is every where. 

Sorry to say. but most people hate whinners and most whinners happen to be f2p players,  that just boost the sterotyping sadly. 

Look at them plebs whining!
Being a founder gives you the privilege to feel more valuable than free to play-players.

Saying that you won't pay because the game is "free to play" is just foolish. If this business-model doesn't work out, they will probably include pay to win-elements to keep the game floating. Then all the plebs will be gone.

Do yourself a favor, thank a founder today! Thank him/her for supporting the game and keeping the servers alive!

Just now, IntX said:

Look at them plebs whining!
Being a founder gives you the privilege to feel more valuable than free to play-players.

Saying that you won't pay because the game is "free to play" is just foolish. If this business-model doesn't work out, they will probably include pay to win-elements to keep the game floating. Then all the plebs will be gone.

Do yourself a favor, thank a founder today! Thank him/her for supporting the game and keeping the servers alive!

i wonder if premiums will keep paying at endgame with only cosmetics to buy...make this game P2P PLZZZZ and end this shit..(if it was p2w i would pay instantly)

9 minutes ago, SkyRoO said:

i wonder if premiums will keep paying at endgame with only cosmetics to buy...make this game P2P PLZZZZ and end this shit..(if it was p2w i would pay instantly)

Listen to this man if you want this game to die like another NCSoft game.

51 minutes ago, Fappucino said:

Pay as your own will. Its F2P people pay for minor advantage, outfits, upgrade materials, premium membership..... they contribute to the game ( NCSoft $$$$$) they have every right to be superior. Without them NCSoft dont make any profit.. server close... Just because you dont pay for the game doesnt mean you are inferior. Some people take gaming more serious than other ( NERDS), rich people money => support the poor one...  that how life work, "you dont pay, dont say". 

Complaning about the game, BnS had been around 3-5 years ! Yeah veteran can act cocky sometimes, if you dont like it ignore them right click + block problem solved.

Bullsh*t. They surely contibuting torward the game health, but so do any f2p player. He may not pay, but he keep the game alive by giving population to the server. Last time i checked mmo games with empty servers are dying games, no matter how much you "superior" players contribute in terms of money. So yeah, you and any other who paid have no reason to think they are superior or should act superior, because guess what you aren't.

There´s absolutely no reason to thank hardcore spenders for "contributing". They don´t do it for the game, they don´t do it for you or because of their purehearted soul. They do it because they want to.

Microtransactioned games have far better spendrate than a p2p game, thats why most gaming companies turn to this model. Nobody is fooled, and the players (including me) often prefer it that way - it gives you a false sense of freedom, but once you´re caught up in the game, chances are you´ll be spending more than you meant to.

@Meliran, I really doubt you meant what you said, since I also saw you posted a rather extensive guide :)

55 minutes ago, Anhita said:

I've been noticing people acting superior because they paid money for the game, which just ain't right.

I would like to point out that people are acting superior even without the premium topic at hand. Ask for an opinion on pretty much anything to state your own (on faction chat) and you will most likely get a reply that (at least) implies you are a retard.

At this point I think people are just bitter because they paid 20-125$ for a founder's pack, in a game that meant something to them, so they already feel like "important" contributors. The game didn't live up to the hype, it has tons of problems (that, in my opinion, alone are enough to turn people bitter), and now free players are starting to join, get premium memberships and increase the already outrageous long queues.

If this is the bitter founders are the sole issue, give it some time and those people will quit the game in a month or so.

On the other hand, don't forget free players are at fault too.

Another part of the problem are scenarios where people cry about premium features, then start insulting the game, and others just start defending the game (and their purchase of premium or Founder pack) and throwing insults.

And finally, don't forget the condescending free players who start acting all smart because they saved a few $ by playing free.

Anyways, this happens in pretty much every subscription based mmo, but unless you join right release or a huge expansion you usually won't see it.

Just now, sequid said:

i dont see B&S that competitive to have p2w stuff.. tbh i believe soon as blackdesert comes out most of the mmo's will be RIP!

I believe that the hype will kill that game within a week.

Or maybe it'll have the same fate as Archage.

Just now, Zero said:

I would like to point out that people are acting superior even without the premium topic at hand. Ask for an opinion on pretty much anything to state your own (on faction chat) and you will most likely get a reply that (at least) implies you are a retard.

At this point I think people are just bitter because they paid 20-125$ for a founder's pack, in a game that meant something to them, so they already feel like "important" contributors. The game didn't live up to the hype, it has tons of problems (that, in my opinion, alone are enough to turn people bitter), and now free players are starting to join, get premium memberships and increase the already outrageous long queues.

If this is the bitter founders are the sole issue, give it some time and those people will quit the game in a month or so.

On the other hand, don't forget free players are at fault too.

Another part of the problem are scenarios where people cry about premium features, then start insulting the game, and others just start defending the game (and their purchase of premium or Founder pack) and throwing insults.

And finally, don't forget the condescending free players who start acting all smart because they saved a few $ by playing free.

Anyways, this happens in pretty much every subscription based mmo, but unless you join right release or a huge expansion you usually won't see it.

IDK dude game seems to be living up to the hype to me. I mean who gives a damn if people act superior. Its all good. I guess people have really sensitive skin

3 hours ago, Zero said:
3 hours ago, Zero said:

The very fact you try to show your superiority by buying a subscription implies that you are in fact a commoner.

The very fact you try to show your superiority by buying a subscription implies that you are in fact a commoner.

i can login just fine the other 3500+ on the non premium Q can sit there plebs be plebbing dawg

1 minute ago, Devilium said:

I believe that the hype will kill that game within a week.

Or maybe it'll have the same fate as Archage.

i dont think so, since it's buy to play, they wont be moneymilk like Archage, and since the game is a pure grindfest is perfect for PVE lovers :P pvp wise i got my doubts but soon we will see ^^

Archived