What is the best Soul Shield setup for PvE atm?

Kurotsuki

Am I alone on this or does anyone else think you should be able to see the possible stats and levels on soul shields before unlocking it. And be able to use an item to fuse all 8 pieces into one item for better storage, and to unfuse it back into pieces.. Yea I know I want the cake and to eat it too lol

sorry I didn't have an answer to the question.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Tiropat said:

That page doesn't have the Dokumo shield stats listed, and you should definitely have forgotten 5 and 7 over Poh

Haven't tested but I assume they have a lower cap like Dokumo around 170 being blue. Poh 5 and 7 have higher caps up around 200.

I'll test it out next time I get one though anyways.

1 hour ago, Kirvin said:

Haven't tested but I assume they have a lower cap like Dokumo around 170 being blue. Poh 5 and 7 have higher caps up around 200.

I'll test it out next time I get one though anyways.

I have them right now. forgotten brightstone 7 goes to at least 234 and 5 goes to at least 218, that isn't the cap just as high as they go with moon water 2.

Edit: what is the cap on Poh 8? because if it isn't at least 240 I'd go with brightstone on that as well

43 minutes ago, Tiropat said:

I have them right now. forgotten brightstone 7 goes to at least 234 and 5 goes to at least 218, that isn't the cap just as high as they go with moon water 2

Well that's odd. Might have to pick it up then.

2 hours ago, Ambition said:

with the arrival of the upcoming patch, any idea what the next best soulshields are going to be? and will they be good for pvp also or are the moonwater ones always the best for pvp?

In the Asian versions at lvl 45 best PVE set comes from Mushin Tower which comes out in like 10 days, floors 4 to 7 stacked with tons of crit, but have to see what we get

When Floor 8 comes there will be another set too

7 hours ago, Elvenmad said:

In the Asian versions at lvl 45 best PVE set comes from Mushin Tower which comes out in like 10 days, floors 4 to 7 stacked with tons of crit, but have to see what we get

When Floor 8 comes there will be another set too

Aight, is there a better pvp set than the moonarena one?  lvl50 set or something

My own advice is to get the PvP set and put crit on it. It's the easiest / cheapest set you can get while still being good and you won't need anything better for any of the current content.

If you want to waste a lot of time and gold, then do as others suggested. Just keep in mind that Mushin Tower (which will open next patch) is going to drop better soul shields.

Thing is with Moonwater Shields it is designed for open world PVP, it is stacked with HP and crit defence,  both these not really a priority for PVE, so it depends what content your doing, the Blackram set as more accuracy and crit which are PVE stats, PVE you want:  105% accuracy, as near as poss to 200% Crit damage whic is soft cap, then work on Crit chance, defence etc

52 minutes ago, Eternalx said:

What about the habour soul shields? Is that better than Mushin? 

In Asian versions they are not,  Mushin tower floors 4 to 7 have the best DPS PVE set with the highest crit on them and a crit bonus too, and Floor 8 as another set which is even beter, although alot of players mix floors 4-7 and floor 8 set, that is until Spiral Labyrinth comes out in later patches which as better again, Labyrinth has some of the best Shields in game for lvl 45 content.

Our game is based on the Korean, original version of the game and apart from some changes to make it easier to get up to the content they have we will be getting pretty much the same things they did up to lvl 50 patch, when eventually we will have the same content, NC have already confirmed this.

We are already getting a patch in just over a week with more content and gear and no doubt another one soon after. again all confirmed by NC

Personally dont spend any money on current Soul Shields I can guarantee you will be changing them very soon.

Also alot of players need to understand what the stats actually do, so many seem to be in the mindset HP and more HP is king, But high HP does NOTHING except allows you to take more damage before you eventually die,  other stats like defence actually mitigate damage, they reduce it so theoretically is a far better stat overall,  100% accuracy means you have 100% chance to hit your opponent, of the same lvl (45) but they can still block, evade, parry it, for Dungeon bosses, you need more because they are higher lvl. Higher floor bosses in Mushin tower it was always recommended to have at least 105% to 110%,  understanding what stats do and balancing them accordingly for the content you are doing is KING

20 minutes ago, Ambition said:

Yes for PVE better soulshields are coming up, i get that, but for PVP is moonwater arena the end soulshields or are there better ones when lvl 50 content comes out?

Yes,  your talking another 5 lvls of content, just think of the difference of lvl 40 gear compared to lvl 45, there is far far better gear coming and soon too

22 hours ago, Elvenmad said:

Thing is with Moonwater Shields it is designed for open world PVP, it is stacked with HP and crit defence,  both these not really a priority for PVE, so it depends what content your doing, the Blackram set as more accuracy and crit which are PVE stats, PVE you want:  105% accuracy, as near as poss to 200% Crit damage whic is soft cap, then work on Crit chance, defence etc

You can mix the moonwater pieces with forgotten brightstone pieces and pretty much end up with equivalent stats to poh for way less cost and effort.

Archived