Forums

What is the best Soul Shield setup for PvE atm?

Kurotsuki

I'm a bit confused on what SS set I should be aiming for (PvE). I've tried to research a bit but no one seems to agree. So far the best setups I've heard are

1- Misty Woods (faction farm set) pieces 1,2,3,4,6 and Brightstone 5,7,8

2- Full Misty Woods

3- Full Dokomo

3- Full PoH 24 (w/e it's called) blue version or purple if possible

Is there an optimal setup or is everyone just grabbing whatever? It's just that it'd be nice to know what to focus on.

Thanks for the help!  (45 assassin) in case class matters.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

at the moment i'd say its poh24 set for everyone, the hp bonus it gives compared to other ones we have right now is alone good reason to go for it.

Wait until they release mushin tower, bloodsharks and labyrinth dungeons, then the real min-maxing starts :) 

Every class should have the proper amount of crit-crit rate/crit damage/accuracy and pierce. Not how much hp they can get.

Possible happening: Mushin Tower might have only F8 bo-paes which are based on defensive way rather than offensive. If it doesn't happen, we should have F4-7 bo-pae which are offensive and good for PvE.  A great mix is: 1 Lab, 2 Mushin (F8) , 3 Tower (F4-7), 4 Lab, 5 Tower, 6 Lab, 7 Tower, 8 Lab. All bo-paes written before should have Critical and Accuracy. Main stats from lab might differ, so look at the sub one.

48 minutes ago, Zoroark said:

i use 5 piece moonwater arena 1- 5 and 6 - 8 forgotten brightstone. all fused with crit. 30k hp and 50% crit rating max accuracy

Wow, thats pretty good, I been wanting to get more crit. Is that set better then full Poh24 soul shields? Is there any requirement for fusing soul shields?

dokumo + the 3 piece of forgotten makes the max crit and accuracy, you suffer slightly lower defensive stats but if you are able to avoid things well you will do godly damage

The Purple Poh set is really good for pierce, but you suffer a bit less crit, and of course its all up to chance of good rolls

The best PvE setup right now is probably 1,2,3,4,6 Moonwater PvP + 5,7 Forgotten Brightstone + 8 Poharan's Oath. Full Poh is not good unless you get extremely lucky with crit rolls on every piece. I see so many people running around with bad Poh sets. If you get crap like block and evasion on your Poh pieces, you're better off just using full moonwater pvp.

On 23/01/2016 at 10:35 AM, midgarsorm said:

Is there any site to compare different soul shields?

http://bns.endgame.pk/soul_shields/

Personally I'm using ful epic (purple) PoH set  enhanced with Crit on every piece , the Elite Crit ones that drop from practically every pack of mob's in PoH 24 man, problem with the moonwater set is its missing alot of accuracy and Pierce for PVE use and Crit defence is kind of useless in PVE

I understand the highest crit set you can get currently is:

1, 3, 4, 6 - Dokumo

2 - Moonwater Arena

5, 7 - Forgotten

8 - Poh

You may wish to substitute other pieces in for additional health if you think you need it. Look for randomly rolled bopae pieces to max out your accuracy. Also look for other stats and just mix and match accordingly.

For infusing the best thing you can get for crit is the crafted blues (Artisan or whatever they're called). They're very expensive. Next best would be the 8 Poh piece which is 189 crit, but being purple it's an expensive infusion. Next best after that is the 7 Forgotten piece (131 crit I believe). For those that don't know, when you infuse a soul shield the primary stat value is what is added to the piece you are "upgrading". The value of that primary state determines the RNG values you will be adding.

Good luck, embrace the grind :)

well damn me and my attention spam of a dragonfly:)

I've somehow ingrained that best sets are simply full poharan or full moonwater and that's it. So, I've been insta-salvaging all those brightstone pieces:(

Dokumo I heard is good, but I have yet to go there.

2 hours ago, GreasyGirl said:

What did you fuse your soul shields with? If you don't mind sharing. Plan to use this xD

Poh shields/Moonwater 2 can get max roll with green Moonwater primers or a Poh 8 160/189. Maybe also Moonwater Arena 2 but I'm not sure. Dokumo can get max roll with another Dokumo I think.

Archived