Who does maintenance in the middle of the day?

YuckyTuna

I don't mind the maintenance, I'd just appreciate if the game actually told me about it. I just spent a hour patching the game (it kept freezing in the middle of patching so I had to restart it). Then I log in, enter the one time code and wait, wait, wait, wait... while the intro animation rolls again and again.  Nowhere in the process there was any warning, like "Servers are down, come back in three hours". Nothing like that. You're allowed to log in, then left to wonder whether your game client is broken.

Amateurs.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hime   

NCSOFT

181 posts

Posted 12 hours ago (edited) · Report post

Starting at January 21 4:00 AM PST / January 21 12:00 PM UTC, all servers will undergo maintenance for approximately 3 hours and 30 minutes. During this time we will be introducing four new North American servers and two new European servers. An in-game notice will be given 30 minutes prior to the maintenance starting.

Thank you for your patience.

Errr, you must've had very bad timing. In-game, they gave warning of servers going down 30 minutes beforehand. Logging into the game after downtime would shut down your game before entering character selection. You must've finished character creation shortly after servers went down, but were still past the main server-check before character selection.

5 minutes ago, Gear said:

That moment you realize that no matter when an MMO does their downtime maintenance, someone will complain. Hell, I live in NA but am awake at nights. You don't hear me complaining.

Hell yea lol i'm from EU and i was playing untill 7 AM in the morning since it's my free day lol. I don't mind the time the maintenance is actually... My only post was against idiocity of some American ppl who think that if it's 4 AM there then it's 4 AM everywhere. I also understand there are many children playing this game and for they the time is pretty crucial since it's middle of week so we assume they have school in the morning and they get to bed around 10-11 PM so the only time they have to play is during the mid-day and it can be upseting to have a maintenance during that time, let's not forget that children are more competitive then we are and they get easily more upset from being kept away from the game during the only time they can actually play. For me it's easy lol i just make some food and watch a movie untill the maintenance is over. The rest of you "adults" should do the same instead of writing 7 pages of bs on a post made by either a child who could do he's homework for ex or an adult who could do so much more then complain on a forum lol. 

I'm sorry that so many peoples lives are so tragic that not being able to play a game for a few hours warrents such an outcry. :sad face:

1 hour ago, Hufel said:

The CIA planned it, they orchestrated it, they carried it out!  They been doing it since Bolivia in 66

Ukraine & Now This, NA/EU simultaneous server shutdown server time favoUring the USA, aaah that's right! You fall off the end of the world 20 mils out from US waters, the World Series is held by only the US & they dont play any other country at Baseball to see if they the best & if you don't agree with them they just bomb you.

OK US favoUring maintenance is is then, we don't want to upset the bully in the room now do we.

And this guy ^... First off, you need to look up the history of baseball.  Maybe then you would know what you're talking about.  Like the fact that the first World Series was played in the late 1800s, almost half a century before the rest of the world (not including Canada) started to take an interest in the game.  Also... are you seriously comparing being bombed to having a few hours of server downtime in an mmo?  I think your scale of tragic events needs some adjustment.

There is always somebody somewhere that gonna complain that the time for maintenance is wrong since we have players from around the world.For north america it's in the morning for european it's late morning early afternoon.I can see worst.Not exactly peak times in either time zones. I can see aussie complain though evening for them.

1 minute ago, CorrosionWhite said:

I'm sorry that so many peoples lives are so tragic that not being able to play a game for a few hours warrents such an outcry. :sad face:

And this guy ^... First off, you need to look up the history of baseball.  Maybe then you would know what you're talking about.  Like the fact that the first World Series was played in the late 1800s, almost half a century before the rest of the world (not including Canada) started to take an interest in the game.  Also... are you seriously comparing being bombed to having a few hours of server downtime in an mmo?  I think your scale of tragic events needs some adjustment.

I'm pretty sure he was making light of the situation.

Just now, Jinjii said:

It's 3 HOURS OF ONE DAY A WEEK.

Like seriously, who cares what time the maintenance is, do people not have anything else to do? 

Most people have an urgent need and knack to complain at the tiniest things.

Micro aggression getting worse these days. I assume it's because  a lot of things can be accessed so quickly these days, people become less patient

15 minutes ago, MoonLord said:

Now either you're an idiot, either you're IQ is same as the room temperature... not everyone lives in America kid... there are timezones, that means that when it was 4 am on your clock, in Europe it was mid day. Maybe they should do the maintenance during midday in America so you will have time to read a book or learn about what goes around outside this game. 

While it is midday  for Europe, those midday hours are when normal people are in school or work. 4 am PST gets converted to 12.00 gmt+0. So the shortest end of the stick went to gmt+2 but even then the maintenance started at 14.00 and ideally will last until 17.30 so if you're working at a typical working hours job, by the time you come back the maintenance will have ended. At higher grades lessons usually end between 14.00 and 15.00 so do your homework during the downtime and you will have more time to play later. GMT +0 has nothing to complain at all considering the maintenance is from 12.00 till 15:30.

In other words - there's nothing to complain about.

3 minutes ago, Jinjii said:

It's 3 HOURS OF ONE DAY A WEEK.

Like seriously, who cares what time the maintenance is, do people not have anything else to do? 

I know right? this whole time they been whining on forums the maintenance is almost done, they could have done something more productive instead, some people are so silly.

Archived