Who does maintenance in the middle of the day?

YuckyTuna

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Galadriel said:

I was checking the Network Resource Monitor, the game keeps on connecting to US even though i'm playing on EU

There's probably a master server in the US that handles certain secure communications such as money transactions and account information.

3 minutes ago, Rtype said:

There's probably a master server in the US that handles certain secure communications such as money transactions and account information.

Yeah, and then I saw static.ncsoft.net.cdngc.net (German IP Location) which had most of my data transmission. Still the ping was lot more than i would expect.

The current Maintenance looks more like an emergency one FFXIV (Square-Enix) had to this. 

Even if they choose to run it from 12 to 4 most people in EU should be at work so if its a working day that is still a good time slot.

If you are not working man the hell up do something else there not doing this for no reason, its to further relieve the queue times.

pro tip go eat something its lunch time then go watch anime or something and play another game, Playing Heroes of the storm here.

For all the things that have gone wrong many have gone as planned and overall NCsoft response time has been very good

28 minutes ago, Rtype said:

The servers are expected to be down for less than 4 hours.

If you're putting in less than 4 hours a day on an mmorpg you can afford to put up with some downtime while they install new servers.

That wasn't in regards to the servers being down.  That was in regards to someone who said they have no problems with queue because they don't log in during prime time.  Did you not notice that I replied with a quote?

All I hear is "I am inconvenienced because of server down time even though it's the typical hours when most people aren't home." You are either a night shift employee, or unemployed. Everything else being happen stance such as being sick, playing hookie from school, trying to play at work etc etc. So yeah... get over yourself.

Yes blizzard doesnt do maintenance at same time for both eu and usa, the way blade and soul doing is a very wrong way to do it but again this game company isnt powerfull and have abilities like blizzard does game is new and just out yet so give them a time. just hope game doesnt end up shit like other mmos xD

1 hour ago, YuckyTuna said:

And for 3.5h on top of that. Have you guys never heard of proper maintenance schedules for MMOs? 

This should be done at 4-8AM not noon to prime time, ensuring 30+ min queues even for premium members. 

It is exactly 5:38 am where im at so I would say they are right on schedule. 

2 minutes ago, sequid said:

tbh, you are naive when it comes to NCSOFT,

at other mmo's of NCSOFT the maintenance is always 3h+, so this one wouldnt be dif.

and is known that NCSOFT doesnt give a shit about EU players :P

still it is not even close to be prime time EU so this isn't even a bad time to do maintenance lets be honest.

3 hours is actually very short time for maintenance, TERA for example has 4-5 hour maintenance also mid day EU time.

Also if your complaining about the time they are running their maint. then you have a problem. No matter what time they decided to do it you would complain. Therefore you can stop bein a baby and let them work. Its nice enough they allowed us to even get the game, let alone play it for free for those who don't work. :3 That's my thoughts at least.

3 minutes ago, Rugba said:

still it is not even close to be prime time EU so this isn't even a bad time to do maintenance lets be honest.

3 hours is actually very short time for maintenance, TERA for example has 4-5 hour maintenance also mid day EU time.

ye, i wasnt complaining :D just commenting the topic about it :D

but the last sentence i mean by heart because i played other mmo's of NCSOFT xD

Just now, Livithian said:

Just from reading the title, I just felt compelled to inform you that it is not mid-day for everyone. : ) I got up at 6:00 this morning to find the game was in maintenance since 4am. Which is a proper maintenance time from my stand of point.

No shit, Sherlock.

5 hours ago, YuckyTuna said:

And for 3.5h on top of that. Have you guys never heard of proper maintenance schedules for MMOs? 

This should be done at 4-8AM not noon to prime time, ensuring 30+ min queues even for premium members. 

what the crap are you on about? maint started at 4 am and ends in the afternoon  dont you have work? it will be back long before you get home

Archived