Who does maintenance in the middle of the day?

YuckyTuna

Prime time?!! lmao  you mean prime time for college dropouts and the jobless bums.

This is normal maintenance time for UTC.

can't believe people still post these stupid complaints. 

I guess on the flip side it shows how desperate you are to play the game because you love it so much.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got up to come play exactly when the servers went down. Don't agree with the hour but it's not the end of the world, people shouldn't get all worked out cause of it. If adding servers will fix the queue times I don't mind waiting at all.

They'll be up later just use your time to do something you had to do :)

2 minutes ago, Rtype said:

I'm thankful of the Q's, keeps many of the annoying poor little kids who can't afford premium off of my server. Makes faction chat a little less like barrens chat too. I'd rather they simply charged monthly to play.

Don't really think they do.

Windrest is the biggest EU server with 6k+ non premium plebs in queue during prime time and most of them still wait the 2h to get in.

When people will get that not everyone is working 8-17(8am-5pm) mon-friday.I personally had night shift,came back home at 6,wake up and 12 and bam maintenance.

Well not surpriced and I know it wont change,so yeah no reason to complain.

1 minute ago, Blixyr said:

I got up to come play exactly when the servers went down. Don't agree with the hour but it's not the end of the world, people shouldn't get all worked out cause of it. If adding servers will fix the queue times I don't mind waiting at all.

They'll be up later just use your time to do something you had to do :)

I don't really see how adding servers will fix anything at this point. Most people who wanted to play this game already have characters on the existing servers and are unlikely to abandon them. 

Not to mention everyone with a brain knows that those new servers they add will be dead after the launch hype dies off.

4 minutes ago, Hufel said:

Or C separate EU & USA server maintenance times like every other MMO so Europe can have them CET 2am-6am

Of course have separate maintenance times is the obvious option, but considering this is NCSoft and not any other company, we are kinda limited. 

5 minutes ago, Hufel said:

Or C separate EU & USA server maintenance times like every other MMO so Europe can have them CET 2am-6am

That there wouldn't be too bad a deal for the EU players, but until or unless they do that...I think EU should understand that the people that take care of their servers are NA so these updates and down times will come with a NA down time.

6 minutes ago, Hufel said:

How about this , You Fork over the Money by yourself, So NC can hire more staff JUST for doing Maint, during times that are only convenient for you, Until then Suck it up and Go outside

4 minutes ago, YuckyTuna said:

I don't really see how adding servers will fix anything at this point. Most people who wanted to play this game already have characters on the existing servers and are unlikely to abandon them. 

Not to mention everyone with a brain knows that those new servers they add will be dead after the launch hype dies off.

You DO realize that a LOT more people have yet to try this game and will be flooding in to create characters and join servers over the next few months, RIGHT?

5 minutes ago, YuckyTuna said:

The point is if they could prevent new players from joining the most populated servers so the population would be distributed more evenly it could prevent even worse queue times in the future, of course about the queue times right now it probably won't change unless they improved the servers yeah

9 minutes ago, PreceptorTeeth said:

The side effect of 0 downtime is that you can add and take away servers as required. Because that's how it works.

There is no such thing as zero downtime.  Five 0 is the highest standard, and it's absurd to expect that level of support on F2P.  Zero downtime is usually reserved for accounts spending several thousand dollars a month.

Personally i have no issues when they do maintenance as all maintenance is good maintenance. Middle of the day on a weekday is not prime time. Now weekends would not be good as many players are of school age, except me as am an old git. I also play through night. You can't please everyone so don't whine and just live with it. Happens the world over.

Thing to remember with Blizzard and Trion, since people mentioned these two (May as well have mentioned DBG/SoE too, because they actually had a system for this)...

They are larger companies, and tend to keep a support staff on night shifts. Most likely a team specifically trained for turning the servers on and off, while applying any data changes they need to make.

Now in the case of this though, they're putting in entirely new servers. Probably cannot do that with the current ones on, so the night staff has to do it all themselves as opposed to letting the day staff take over the Americans. :P

2 minutes ago, Infidel said:

There is no such thing as zero downtime.  Five 0 is the highest standard, and it's absurd to expect that level of support on F2P.  Zero downtime is usually reserved for accounts spending several thousand dollars a month.

You need to update your knowledge.

[edit] Here: http://blogs.technet.com/b/privatecloud/archive/2015/04/01/zero-downtime-patch-amp-update-orchestration-on-the-microsoft-cloud-platform-system.aspx

15 minutes ago, Jinjii said:

Same reply as on another thread the same as this.

Ok, let's put things into perspective here.

Would you rather:
A - Suffer the EU downtime during a time in which most EU countries are at school/college/work

OR

B - NCSoft sell the EU servers to Gameforge?

I'd take A thanks.

Don't mention Gameforge even as a joke. Do not challenge fate.

Archived