Who does maintenance in the middle of the day?

YuckyTuna

2 minutes ago, YuckyTuna said:
Just now, YuckyTuna said:

And that is why every other MMO schedules separate maintenance times for NA and EU.

Sure, that is the problem. They are just plain too lazy to work on different regions at different times.

Even bloody Trion could get this right...

You ever think they might be coordinating the new servers so that if they encounter a problem they are all on hand in both regions to address issues that may be replicated on both sides?

Again, go outside and get some fresh air, if a 3 hour downtime to add new servers is that bad you need to take a break anyways. This a relatively short period of time to add new servers to a MMO.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, MrHmm said:

I say...

Blizzard did maintenance better than all other developers..

They did for the Eu servers when we were sleeping or during the morning or night, not in the frigging middle of a day.

The same goes for NA and the other servers.

Its sad that developers just stick to NA times and do maintenance only when its night in NA(which means they are sleeping).

Honestly it would have been better if they just made a different schedule for both NA and EU servers. 

It's not just Blizzard, it's pretty much every other MMO dev in existence.

Even bloody Trion, who are one of the worst ones out there, have separate down times for EU and NA.

F...k the America's its always the same with everything in this world..

I love America only not the way that they think that there fkin god on this planet. It will bite you

Please do Maintaince in the American Prime Hours see how they feel about it....

this is lols 

I've played many games in other regions opposed to mine and although the maintenance would happen during noon-night, I never found a reason to bicker lol. 

We'll only be getting ONE maintenance every week besides emergency maintenance (s) that could happen in the near future. Even then , it's only a 3 hour wait time. It's not like we're going to wait 15 hours. Although, with all the bugs recently I would assume we'd be waiting 1-2 hours more if anything. 

Well it is just Thursday, I guess they don't expect eu people to be not working or having school or whatever at 12pm. 

it isn't server patching or anything, hopefully they separate patching for the EU and NA.

I'm on the US servers personally so I kind of expect stuff like this in the future to continue for me but that's the price I pay! xD

^

Just now, Genjutsu said:

Another reason not to buy Premium they are making it so that you will be tempted to buy.

BUT I WILL NEVER (K)

Then you probably won't play today, depending on your server. :D

By the time the servers come back up the non premium queue should be like 6k+. Yesterday even the premium queue on Windrest was 500+.

17 minutes ago, YuckyTuna said:

And for 3.5h on top of that. Have you guys never heard of proper maintenance schedules for MMOs? 

This should be done at 4-8AM not noon to prime time, ensuring 30+ min queues even for premium members. 

Dude

Terminator-deal-with-it.gif

1 minute ago, YuckyTuna said:

Then you probably won't play today, depending on your server. :D

By the time the servers come back up the non premium queue should be like 6k+. Yesterday even the premium queue on Windrest was 500+.

I have played everyday without a que, im not worried if im not playing today.

I will make food after work join que and will see almost 45 no hurry LMAO

even if the que gets 20k i bought it as a founder and will not spend more money because they made the queing on purpose this way

19 minutes ago, YuckyTuna said:

And for 3.5h on top of that. Have you guys never heard of proper maintenance schedules for MMOs? 

This should be done at 4-8AM not noon to prime time, ensuring 30+ min queues even for premium members. 

Lol have you forgotten you are playing a game with the core employees that work in AMERICA?

Same reply as on another thread the same as this.

Ok, let's put things into perspective here.

Would you rather:
A - Suffer the EU downtime during a time in which most EU countries are at school/college/work

OR

B - NCSoft sell the EU servers to Gameforge?

I'd take A thanks.

19 minutes ago, YuckyTuna said:

Sry if its the middle of the day for you but it is 730am for me and that means 430am PST which means they are doing maintance at the time you have stated "4-8AM".....so your problem is where again? maybe you should move if its the middle of the day for you right now 

I'm thankful of the Q's, keeps many of the annoying poor little kids who can't afford premium off of my server. Makes faction chat a little less like barrens chat too. I'd rather they simply charged monthly to play.

I've never played a game where maintenence hours where during the day for EU (and I've played a lot of games)

I'm sure they have someone on Frankfurt who can press "apply patch" and "restart servers" don't day?

The servers aren't on an abbandoned warehouse where there are no people who know how to work on a computer I guess.

It's not like they can't send the patches here for someone who lives in Europe to apply them. They make enough money to pay for that (check premium queues)

1 minute ago, Jinjii said:

Same reply as on another thread the same as this.

Ok, let's put things into perspective here.

Would you rather:
A - Suffer the EU downtime during a time in which most EU countries are at school/college/work

OR

B - NCSoft sell the EU servers to Gameforge?

I'd take A thanks.

If even Trion can schedule different times for NA and EU then NCSoft should be able to do the same.

Archived