Brazilians becoming a bit of an issue?

Savara

3 minutes ago, Pendoray said:

And don't bring up the Korean version like it's relevant. Yeah, I played on the Korean version. But I never said anything in the chat. I never spoke English. I even translated my username to Korean. So hop off.

I am sort of confused. You say to not bring up the Korean version, then proceed to give an example that further supports your point of view by giving a relevant example of an English speaker playing the Korean version of B&S. Please clarify even further, I don't understand how one could structure and argument like that, even if it is just a simple forum post....

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're kind of being hypocritical you know, how about when we go and play foreign games and only speak English lol. That's the thing though, no matter what language you speak, if the game/server is meant for THAT language (in this case English) and the people playing it only speak that language, they're going to want to see only that language. I'm sure if we went to a game meant for BR only, they'd hate us too since we're speaking a language most can't understand. So it's just a cycle that will always be there, it will never end.

1 minute ago, Llednar said:

I'm sorry but xenophobia is an opinion, lol.

If you dont think that people hate on Brazilians because of this you are being naive.

Portuguese is as understandable as English, there is no such thing as "speaking in an understandable language", the thing is that you guys cant speak Portuguese and it pisses you off that other people are speaking in Portuguese, that's pretty simple to understand.

Could you imagine if everyone spoke in their first language? I can tell you right now that the EU servers would become caotic, no one would understand eachother, there would be exclusions within the community, and in the end it just wouldn't be what a mmorpg is supposed to be: to play with other people.

We have an oficial language for a reason, if you don't know it, learn it.

1 minute ago, Ausmade1 said:

Actually no Llednar, it doesn't *cricket* me off at all. Look at you acting like you know everything :3

English servers, try at least to speak it. simple. 

I mean "you" in general, as the guys complaining in this thread.

And since we are talking about what's simple, how about the block option? I think it's even more simple than wanting foreigners to speak a whole different language just because of you! :D

3 minutes ago, Helina said:

Sorry my bad english...I am Brazilian and I just wanted to say that not all the Brazilians act wrongly in the game, has Brazilians who follow the rules. What happens is that some people are calling Brazilian monkeys, rats, etc. and with it some of the Brazilians begin to irritate and want to fight back the bad comment. Sometimes people start talking about how Brazilians are annoying and all that and then some Brazilians begin to speak in Portuguese just to let these people angry, which is not the best way to resolve the issue.
  I do not like to see people speaking bad things of brazilians, I can understand why they do it, but i also think that every generalization is dumb.

It's a matter of educating people to act according to the environment they are, while some Brazilians do not understand this, will continue to have somebody speaking Portuguese in chat and make these people understand that you must speak the language of the server and not your language is the hard part.
  Some Brazilian players think they are server owners, these are people who need to be stopped, as well as people who generalize a country to a number of players who are in a game.
  There is a rivalry between people, i see brazilians hate people from other countries just because someone said something bad about the brazilians and then you begin to hate everyone who is in this country, as i also see people hating brazilians just because they are brazilians.
  Once in another game I saw someone say that all people from Brazil should die, that's sick.

Up

1 hour ago, YouckFouu said:

It´s easy to say: "why they don´t speak english??" i wish you have the time (or the mindset)to learn portuguese.

In my experience, when US people come to Brazil the don´t care about speak in protuguese. so why should we?

in fact, you guys still think that Rio de Janeiro is our country capital. Please, leave the game and go back to scholl

There are some differences with your example. You can't compare being a tourist irl with a game. You need to interact with others in a game, specially if you want to comunicate and explain fights, give tips or if you wanna help someone with whatever because the game client is in english. If irl you can't speak the language you're staying at, it isn't a problem for others but yourself, unless you're doing something important that involves other people, and that won't happen because no one would give you a job like that in their sane minds. 
Also, why get so defensive on your first sentence, which only makes sense if the server we were playing on was Brazilian. And on your last sentence you're just generalizing, and the end of it is ironic to your whole post.

I'm from Europe (and I agree with the OP) and this whole thing happens on EU servers aswell (hence why I stopped playing on EU regions) but it's somewhat more complicated with A LOT of different countries only having 3 languages to choose from, everyone picks ENG obviously. I'm playing on a NA server that has chat spammed in Spanish (and I speak Spanish aswell), and it still annoys me to see such disrespect, it just gets even worse when people REFUSE and even start insulting others (in Spanish, of course) to the point that I saw some people talking about how they'd like to block all the americans (gringos) on the server by just pressing a button when you're on a server based on that region.

2 minutes ago, Deshadi said:

We're kind of being hypocritical you know, how about when we go and play foreign games and only speak English lol. That's the thing though, no matter what language you speak, if the game/server is meant for THAT language (in this case English) and the people playing it only speak that language, they're going to want to see only that language. I'm sure if we went to a game meant for BR only, they'd hate us too since we're speaking a language most can't understand. So it's just a cycle that will always be there, it will never end.

It  isnt really a we thing, its more of a vical minority that really want to stir the pot

Make an exclusive Spanish, Portuguese server for whatever player who wants to speak their own language. Or simply dodge that server * Cough* * Jiwan* * Cough*. Or block every single non- English player.

I'm not American, English isnt my 1st language. But at least, I'm trying hard to fit in the *ENGLISH* community. How do you expect people to do dungeons, farm, clan, friends, gossips ????? Sense of community? HUE HUE HUE HUE BR BR BR BR???????????. I blocked every non- english player who refuse to speak ENGLISH. I know a lot of Oceania players Viet, Chinese, Indo, Pinoy... whom English isn't their first language; but at least they try to speak English to show respect to other players.

Probably the best option here would be to simply reserve servers for South American players to separate them from the North American crowd and region lock them. 

There are a number of reasons why having people speaking other languages on a NA server would cause problems, and I admit not a lot of them are great reasons, but the fact of the matter is this diversity isn't good for the prospects of building up a base of US players whatever the reasons. 

1 minute ago, Yudee said:

Hola como estas? Me llamo Juan Martinez I think tu estas siendo muy racist, I can speak 5 languages and I'll never be disrespectful with nadie

Saludos desde Mexico

We have already gone over that.. not racist ;)

In FFXIV, Australian players often make use of the Japan servers due to their lower ping compared to the NA ones.  They just make clever use of macros and emotes to exchange simple phrases and info.  I'd say we just have to establish something similar, and I say that as a Jiwan player.  It's not their fault if they don't have their own servers.

1 minute ago, MadMage said:

Probably the best option here would be to simply reserve servers for South American players to separate them from the North American crowd and region lock them. 

There are a number of reasons why having people speaking other languages on a NA server would cause problems, and I admit not a lot of them are great reasons, but the fact of the matter is this diversity isn't good for the prospects of building up a base of US players whatever the reasons. 

Yeahhh

Lets build a wall

5 minutes ago, Mesmerize said:

There are some differences with your example. You can't compare being a tourist irl with a game. You need to interact with others in a game, specially if you want to comunicate and explain fights, give tips or if you wanna help someone with whatever because the game client is in english. If irl you can't speak the language you're staying at, it isn't a problem for others but yourself, unless you're doing something important that involves other people, and that won't happen because no one would give you a job like that in their sane minds. 
Also, why get so defensive on your first sentence, which only makes sense if the server we were playing on was Brazilian. And on your last sentence you're just generalizing, and the end of it is ironic to your whole post.

I'm from Europe (and I agree with the OP) and this whole thing happens on EU servers aswell (hence why I stopped playing on EU regions) but it's somewhat more complicated with A LOT of different countries only having 3 languages to choose from, everyone picks ENG obviously.

Just read the post title...

This is not ironic, its true exp.

The post owner have had generalized Brazilians, its just a response for it

4 minutes ago, Pendoray said:

I'm sorry, I expected at least minimal comprehension skills. I'll break it down for those who lack them.

After I said it was not relevant, I went on to explain why it was not a valid argument. It is not relevant because it is a presumption and, in my case for example, untrue.

So you are saying, your case, your sole experience is the definite experience for everyone? What is this presumption you speak of, what in your argument have you laid out as presumptions? All I see if the same typing of the OPer, saying "people should act my way, not this way." How childish are you really? Not a drop of blood has dried in that shallow brain of yours....

P.S. Think before you speak. Makes you look less of an idiot imho, best advice I can give you.

4 minutes ago, usedtoplayCS said:

So you are saying, your case, your sole experience is the definite experience for everyone? What is this presumption you speak of, what in your argument have you laid out as presumptions? All I see if the same typing of the OPer, saying "people should act my way, not this way." How childish are you really? Not a drop of blood has dried in that shallow brain of yours....

P.S. Think before you speak. Makes you look less of an idiot imho, best advice I can give you.

I was not speaking for others. Simply myself. So your point is moot.

Am I like the only person that doesn't have a problem with Brazilians or other languages? I start picking up on other languages just so I'd have more people to work with and it fosters more friendships. I at least will try to learn the basics. A lot of you just sound so entitled.

Archived