Brazilians becoming a bit of an issue?

Savara

Just now, eNiq said:

funny thing i didn't saw a single huehue on the chat yet... but still a lot of Spanish "TACO TACO ARRIBA" spam, so.. should we ban them aswell.. after all Ebon ALL is a EN server not a ES server i think :D

PS: use ur block command and stop crying about BR's... are u new to the mmo world?

taco arriba? LOL

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Ayane69 said:

Language specific servers ???  Actually that is a fairly good idea. On another MMORPG Russians were flooding all the chat channels and they completely, except for a few nice exceptions, refused to speak English and made dungeon groups impossible to play at all. Then BR came in after the Russians and it started all over again. Instead of North AMerica, Europe  server(s) selection, how about LANGUAGE instead ? That way no one gets banned, unless they spam Esperanto (I forgot the spelling, but it's an actual language, not Spanish), or another language, and players can understand other players somewhat better. Yes there's worked involved, but loosing 30% or more player base due to people getting pissed at peepz chatting in another language kills off profits (hint NC).

TERA?

4 minutes ago, Llednar said:

>Guys, why are they talking to each other in their own language? It's annoying because I can't understand their messages (that arent related to me in any way)!
>They should ban country X, they talk to each other and I cant understand.
>M-Muh server! Speak in my language!!
This is pretty hilarious and at the same time kinda sad. Do you guys understand that you are acting like some ignorant elitists that are trying to put a limit to the game because of your own ignorance? So if you only speak languages X (sometimes X,Y,Z, but let's be honest Americans most probably wont learn any other language), you want everyone else just to speak language X too?

Guess what, you don't need to understand them unless they are talking to you, unless you guys are in the same party doing something important that you need to know. They arent "spamming" the chat with their text, they are just talking to each other just like everyone does. Just because you cant understand them it doesnt mean they are wrong lol, nobody is.

Just because the server has official languages it doesnt mean that the others are "against the law". So if they decide to put Portuguese on the list would it be OK for you? I dont think so, because nothing would change after all.

The only way they could change this, to have a very organized and practical game is to do like I saw in a private server of the game TERA Online. Just add a chat tab for each language. Simple. You could just type something like /rus (to talk to all the server in russian) or /pt (to talk to everyone that speaks portuguese). TADA! Now the BRs will mostly talk in the Portuguese tab. Easy.

But maybe you are right, let's ban the whole country because we cant understand what they are talking to each other, because i-it's annoying and bothers me when I play muh game.

7exCXyv.jpg

Not even xenophobia. Saying "wish people would at least try to speak English on an English server" is an opinion. Doesn't help when other Br's who can speak it, wont or help those who can't. I haven't really seen anyone "hate" on people from Portuguese speaking countries, only wish they spoke in an understandable language in game.

1 hour ago, Llednar said:

>Guys, why are they talking to each other in their own language? It's annoying because I can't understand their messages (that arent related to me in any way)!
>They should ban country X, they talk to each other and I cant understand.
>M-Muh server! Speak in my language!!
This is pretty hilarious and at the same time kinda sad. Do you guys understand that you are acting like some ignorant elitists that are trying to put a limit to the game because of your own ignorance? So if you only speak languages X (sometimes X,Y,Z, but let's be honest Americans most probably wont learn any other language), you want everyone else just to speak language X too?

Guess what, you don't need to understand them unless they are talking to you, unless you guys are in the same party doing something important that you need to know. They arent "spamming" the chat with their text, they are just talking to each other just like everyone does. Just because you cant understand them it doesnt mean they are wrong lol, nobody is.

Just because the server has official languages it doesnt mean that the others are "against the law". So if they decide to put Portuguese on the list would it be OK for you? I dont think so, because nothing would change after all.

The only way they could change this, to have a very organized and practical game is to do like I saw in a private server of the game TERA Online. Just add a chat tab for each language. Simple. You could just type something like /rus (to talk to all the server in russian) or /pt (to talk to everyone that speaks portuguese). TADA! Now the BRs will mostly talk in the Portuguese tab. Easy.

But maybe you are right, let's ban the whole country because we cant understand what they are talking to each other, because i-it's annoying and bothers me when I play muh game.

Thats all. can we close this racist topic now? 
 Dont want see BR's talking in chat faction? Easy, Right click > Block.
SOMEONE told me that answer when i ask him why they use faction chat like a pub?

Savara, i'm portuguese and i play mmorg's several years, on european's server's i write all the time english because i know the universal language in the world is "english",  the brazilian's are too dumb's to learn english language, then write and spam the chat on portuguese because they don't know write other languease and more then 60% of brazilians write very bad portuguese. don't blame then, blame the parents and the poor school they have.
Ignore those guys, i don't like playing with the brazilians guys too.

Just now, Sevalaricgirl said:

Really?  Saying they should block Brazilian IPs is not racist?

ive played games where they blocked brazil and egyptian ips because the majority of botters were coming out of those areas

i dont think race has much to do with it but my car doesnt even go fast so idk

5 minutes ago, Ausmade1 said:

Not even xenophobia. Saying "wish people would at least try to speak English on an English server" is an opinion. Doesn't help when other Br's who can speak it, wont or help those who can't. I haven't really seen anyone "hate" on people from Portuguese speaking countries, only wish they spoke in an understandable language in game.

I'm sorry but xenophobia is an opinion, lol.

If you dont think that people hate on Brazilians because of this you are being naive.

Portuguese is as understandable as English, there is no such thing as "speaking in an understandable language", the thing is that you guys cant speak Portuguese and it pisses you off that other people are speaking in Portuguese, that's pretty simple to understand.

4 minutes ago, Tron said:

Savara, i'm portuguese and i play mmorg's several years, and on european server's i write all the time english because i know the universal language in the world is "english",  the brazilian's are too dumb's to learn english language, then write and spam the chat on portuguese because they don't know write other languease and more then 60% of brazilians write very bad portuguese. don't blame then, blame the parents and the poor school they have.
Ignore those guys, i don't like playing with the brazilians guys too.

absolutely reported!

I don't know about IP blocking Brazil, I think that should be the last resort honestly. But at the very least, something needs to be done about it. Spamming insults in Portuguese and hueing like a retard is very bad for the game environment. Maybe they should implement a 'hue' detector that automatically bans you from the chat for 72 hours everytime you "hue"? xP

1 minute ago, Mikosage said:

ive played games where they blocked brazil and egyptian ips because the majority of botters were coming out of those areas

i dont think race has much to do with it but my car doesnt even go fast so idk

LIER..... BOTS DONT COME IN PORTUGUESE... AND BE THIS TOPIC BR'S CANT SPEAK ENGLISH, SO HOW DO THEY CONFIG THE BOT?

Sorry my bad english...I am Brazilian and I just wanted to say that not all the Brazilians act wrongly in the game, has Brazilians who follow the rules. What happens is that some people are calling Brazilian monkeys, rats, etc. and with it some of the Brazilians begin to irritate and want to fight back the bad comment. Sometimes people start talking about how Brazilians are annoying and all that and then some Brazilians begin to speak in Portuguese just to let these people angry, which is not the best way to resolve the issue.
  I do not like to see people speaking bad things of brazilians, I can understand why they do it, but i also think that every generalization is dumb.

It's a matter of educating people to act according to the environment they are, while some Brazilians do not understand this, will continue to have somebody speaking Portuguese in chat and make these people understand that you must speak the language of the server and not your language is the hard part.
  Some Brazilian players think they are server owners, these are people who need to be stopped, as well as people who generalize a country to a number of players who are in a game.
  There is a rivalry between people, i see brazilians hate people from other countries just because someone said something bad about the brazilians and then you begin to hate everyone who is in this country, as i also see people hating brazilians just because they are brazilians.
  Once in another game I saw someone say that all people from Brazil should die, that's sick.

I don't like languages in the game that I can't speak simply because it's hard for communication most of the time, decreases the amount of people you can really do things with but I'm open minded. It's a NORTH AMERICAN server. Not US server & not English only server. Even if it was a US server only, the United States has a big portion of Hispanic, so always keep that in mind.

Archived