Brazilians becoming a bit of an issue?

Savara

You are worried about another language being spoken in chat.  How about worrying as to why I as a premium player could not even log into Jiwan last night.  There are way more important things than Brazilians logging into a set server.  And they have every right to play this game just as you all do.  Really...abundant racism.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The BR community chose to go to ONE server because they don't have a server dedicated to their own.  Out of ALL the servers, let them have one! NA is getting 4 more servers on top of the 314159 ones they have and you're complaining that all the servers are NA and therefore English speaking.  NA isn't exclusively English and if you don't like their aggressiveness and their language, change server, you have plenty of options to choose from! Not to mention, NA 'english' language is as broken as the Brazilians use of Portuguese.

3 minutes ago, Ausmade1 said:

Seems people don't know what the word racist means lol :3 interesting.

Shh... don't tell them the word 'might' be xenophobia.  SJWs might start learning to look up words before they open their mouths.

Edited, replaced the word IDIOT with a synonymous abbreviation.

12 minutes ago, WoozyJr said:

In my opinion, there are 3 types of Brazilians:

1 - "Hue BRs" (Those who spam and flood the chat with portuguese insults, etc, example: picture below)

z6KsiZQ.jpg

2 - "Normal Brazilians" (Those who doesn't trashtalk  on the chat, but still talk a bit in portuguese. ex: "Hello, how are you guys doing?")

3 -"Polite Brazilians" (Those who respect the gameserver language, and try their best to speak their language)

I consider myself polite, but I hate when people think every Brazilian is a "Hue BR".

Well, as brazilians me and my friends decided to not play on Jiwan because we knew that it would be "The Br server" and we did not want to deal with brazilians at all. You guys should rethink about brazilians, not all of us are like this one above. Just to take note I'm currently playing on Soha with my friends, we only speak english, so don't blame all of us. Thank you. 

1 minute ago, Devilium said:

You would need to have played alot of mmo's and seen first hand the downfall of a handfull, as they slowly become infested with the BR community spamming "Algum br?".

Maplestory EU has never been the same. I will pray for this one.

Not at all. They (or we) say that because we want to play with others that speak the same language. "Algum BR" basically means "Is anyone here brazilian, so we can play together?". If someone answers, they'll probably create a party and talk there or talk via Skype, etc. I've never seen anyone spamming "Algum BR" yet in this game.

Just now, Raykimu said:

Well, as brazilians me and my friends decided to not play on Jiwan because we knew that it would be "The Br server" and we did not want to deal with brazilians at all. You guys should rethink about brazilians, not all of us are like this one above. Just to take note I'm currently playing on Soha with my friends, we only speak english, so don't blame all of us. Thank you. 

It's also the "Unofficial" RP server, for notes. So, some of us have to deal with it.

58 minutes ago, Succubus Lilith said:

For those unaware (as this was brought up on the dojo a while back), Jiwan was the server chosen by the BR community to all enter.

So have fun with that.

LOL RIP, glad I picked soha

Just now, Rareformz said:

Been on Jiwan since night of the release. Way more people speaking English then Portuguese. I have had no problem at all with this. The only spam more then English is Gold farmers which i just block anyway. So less QQ

Cerulean or Crimson?  Crimson Legion is the faction I'm in.

1 minute ago, Rareformz said:

Been on Jiwan since night of the release. Way more people speaking English then Portuguese. I have had no problem at all with this. The only spam more then English is Gold farmers which i just block anyway. So less QQ

Yes. A simple solution for this is just blocking the "Hue BRs" :P

>Guys, why are they talking to each other in their own language? It's annoying because I can't understand their messages (that arent related to me in any way)!
>They should ban country X, they talk to each other and I cant understand.
>M-Muh server! Speak in my language!!
This is pretty hilarious and at the same time kinda sad. Do you guys understand that you are acting like some ignorant elitists that are trying to put a limit to the game because of your own ignorance? So if you only speak languages X (sometimes X,Y,Z, but let's be honest Americans most probably wont learn any other language), you want everyone else just to speak language X too?

Guess what, you don't need to understand them unless they are talking to you, unless you guys are in the same party doing something important that you need to know. They arent "spamming" the chat with their text, they are just talking to each other just like everyone does. Just because you cant understand them it doesnt mean they are wrong lol, nobody is.

Just because the server has official languages it doesnt mean that the others are "against the law". So if they decide to put Portuguese on the list would it be OK for you? I dont think so, because nothing would change after all.

The only way they could change this, to have a very organized and practical game is to do like I saw in a private server of the game TERA Online. Just add a chat tab for each language. Simple. You could just type something like /rus (to talk to all the server in russian) or /pt (to talk to everyone that speaks portuguese). TADA! Now the BRs will mostly talk in the Portuguese tab. Easy.

But maybe you are right, let's ban the whole country because we cant understand what they are talking to each other, because i-it's annoying and bothers me when I play muh game.

THIS!!!!! before starting flaming BR ppl lets talk about freaking gold farmers. 

i don't care about hueueueu or algum BR ai? I come from Portugal and i m on an english server, naturally i speak english, but i can't speak at all, cause of the freakin gold farmers/sellers. get rid of them 1st pls. 

Just now, Chii said:

Cerulean is almost 100% english at all times.

Check second page.  That's faction chat for Crimson.

And, well, Woozy isn't on at the times I am.  There's a LOT of Algum BR? And recruiting for BR guilds in Crimson.

Language specific servers ???  Actually that is a fairly good idea. On another MMORPG Russians were flooding all the chat channels and they completely, except for a few nice exceptions, refused to speak English and made dungeon groups impossible to play at all. Then BR came in after the Russians and it started all over again. Instead of North AMerica, Europe  server(s) selection, how about LANGUAGE instead ? That way no one gets banned, unless they spam Esperanto (I forgot the spelling, but it's an actual language, not Spanish), or another language, and players can understand other players somewhat better. Yes there's worked involved, but loosing 30% or more player base due to people getting pissed at peepz chatting in another language kills off profits (hint NC).

4 minutes ago, Savara said:

Cerulean or Crimson?  Crimson Legion is the faction I'm in.

I am in Crimson. Maybe its the time I play which is usually starts now. I barely notice the Portuguese, I mean every now and then you see some idiot spam kkkkkkkk or something but for the most part English is the main language of this server. Also why does everyone keep saying its a RP server have not seen one bit of anything RP related.

1 minute ago, Llednar said:

>Guys, why are they talking to each other in their own language? It's annoying because I can't understand their messages (that arent related to me in any way)!
>They should ban country X, they talk to each other and I cant understand.
>M-Muh server! Speak in my language!!
This is pretty hilarious and at the same time kinda sad. Do you guys understand that you are acting like some ignorant elitists that are trying to put a limit to the game because of your own ignorance? So if you only speak languages X (sometimes X,Y,Z, but let's be honest Americans most probably wont learn any other language), you want everyone else just to speak language X too?

Guess what, you don't need to understand them unless they are talking to you, unless you guys are in the same party doing something important that you need to know. They arent "spamming" the chat with their text, they are just talking to each other just like everyone does. Just because you cant understand them it doesnt mean they are wrong lol, nobody is.

Just because the server has official languages it doesnt mean that the others are "against the law". So if they decide to put Portuguese on the list would it be OK for you? I dont think so, because nothing would change after all.

The only way they could change this, to have a very organized and practical game is to do like I saw in a private server of the game TERA Online. Just add a chat tab for each language. Simple. You could just type something like /rus (to talk to all the server in russian) or /pt (to talk to everyone that speaks portuguese). TADA! Now the BRs will mostly talk in the Portuguese tab. Easy.

But maybe you are right, let's ban the whole country because we cant understand what they are talking to each other, because i-it's annoying and bothers me when I play muh game.

Why are you doing some greentext bullshit when you're out of a chan? are you retarded?

I am in Crimson. Maybe its the time I play which is usually starts now. I barely notice the Portuguese, I mean every now and then you see some idiot spam kkkkkkkk or something but for the most part English is the main language of this server. Also why does everyone keep saying its a RP server have not seen one bit of anything RP related.

RPers have a site we go to to schedule RPs, channels, and meeting areas.

1 minute ago, Rareformz said:

I am in Crimson. Maybe its the time I play which is usually starts now. I barely notice the Portuguese, I mean every now and then you see some idiot spam kkkkkkkk or something but for the most part English is the main language of this server. Also why does everyone keep saying its a RP server have not seen on bit of anything RP related.

PS: kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk Is very popular and one of the MANY MANY ways to laugh in Brazilian :p

funny thing i didn't saw a single huehue on the chat yet... but still a lot of Spanish "TACO TACO ARRIBA" spam, so.. should we ban them aswell.. after all Ebon ALL is a EN server not a ES server i think :D

PS: use ur block command and stop crying about BR's... are u new to the mmo world?

15 minutes ago, WoozyJr said:

In my opinion, there are 3 types of Brazilians:

1 - "Hue BRs" (Those who spam and flood the chat with portuguese insults, etc, example: picture below)

z6KsiZQ.jpg

2 - "Normal Brazilians" (Those who doesn't trashtalk  on the chat, but still talk a bit in portuguese. ex: "Hello, how are you guys doing?")

3 -"Polite Brazilians" (Those who respect the gameserver language, and try their best to speak their language)

I consider myself polite, but I hate when people think every Brazilian is a "Hue BR".

Serious question...how do you know the "huehuehuehue" spammers are actually Brazilians, and not just American meme trolls? I mean, I'm assuming there's evidence that isn't present on that screenshot, but I could take a screenshot of Poharan faction chat and probably find some idiot who has spammed a whole chat wall with "hue" and BR memes.

Re: whether or not they're an "issue", it's kinda hard for me to say. I don't really mind Brazilian players if they form groups of people that speak Portuguese for difficult content so that they can communicate and not try to join English-speaking groups and have no idea how to perform at the content they're doing. Just for getting through the basics of the game I don't believe that speaking English is a necessity... It'd be hypocritical of me to lambast a player for playing a game where they don't speak the native language, as I played BNS on the JP server for a short period of time to "test" the game before deciding to pay to opt into the NA closed betas. (There was a ridiculous amount of English being spammed in region chat, so I have to laugh at people who think that cultural ignorance is strictly a BR manifest.) I will also confess, however, that when I read that Jiwan was the unofficial BR server I did opt to plant my roots (and those of several friends from another MMO) elsewhere, on Poharan. I played TERA for a few years before moving to the MMO that I just left for this game, and while I hate to generalize, BRs really were a bit of an issue there.

tl;dr communicating for end-game content is a must, and if BRs can't or won't group with other Portuguese-speaking players and instead opt to frustrate and hold back English-speaking groups then I'd say that's pretty disrespectful. If they keep to their own guilds and occasionally spam chats with Portuguese then I'd say it's not a huge deal and people really should learn to cope.

Archived