Brazilians becoming a bit of an issue?

Savara

1 minute ago, DisasterMaster said:

I was on Jiwan. I started over as soon as I found out that the BR community chose it as their server. *cricket* that they can have it. I'm not gonna deal with that shit. 

See... "that shit"

free agression!!

3 minutes ago, moslo said:

and YouckFouu as I'm obviously on the BR side of this argument, there is no reason in this world to learn Portuguese it has nothing to do with mindset. There are Languages that can help you in career and socially like chinse, japanese, spanish, german, even latin.   Portugese is down there with Swahili.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_languages_by_number_of_native_speakers

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Ord said:

Likewise! Leave the game and come back when you've learned english!

The server is listed as an ENGLISH SPEAKING server.

It doesn't matter what the so called "BR community" wants. It's an english speaking server.

If you want a BR server, make a petition for it. Better yet, learn to use english for communicating with people in games.

It's about respecting the people the server language was intended for. People who speak english. And don't compare it to when US people etc visits BR. They're tourists. They stay for a week or two then leave. Completely different scenario. Or did your "BR community" intend on staying for a week or two before moving on to a different server? Sheesh...

Quick to jump the gun, eh?

I'm not part of the BR community. I just gave info that was on the Dojo forum a while back.

Calm replies are better replies.

5 minutes ago, YouckFouu said:

It´s easy to say: "why they don´t speak english??" i wish you have the time (or the mindset)to learn portuguese.

In my experience, when US people come to Brazil the don´t care about speak in protuguese. so why should we?

in fact, you guys still think that Rio de Janeiro is our country capital. Please, leave the game and go back to scholl

I'm Brazilian, but this is just a poor excuse , in general chat Brazilians should use english to talk , can't speak --> don't talk, it's an english language server , or do it in private or whatever. Brazilian people should do an effort to be part of the community  , nonetheless English is very useful even here no harm in learning it (you don't need to be fluent just know the minimum to communicate with others). 

I lost count of how many times i've seen people spamming english in korean servers when i was testing a new game that doesn't have a international server (yet), it's not just brazilians, it's people in general.

Also wasn't Jiwan been picked by a lot of brazilians guilds and considered as "unofficial" br server by the community? I've been hearing about that before the headstart and i wasn't even following the game that much, i think a group of RPers was also going there.

Well i'm on Poharan and i rarely see anyone speaking another language, i recommend switching servers if that's a big issue for you, they can barely handle the bots/gold spams, i doubt they will start banning people just because they are speaking another language (if that's even against ToS, i haven't read it yet).

I'm brazilian and I agree with you all that it's wrong to speak another language other than english in a public space like the fanction chat.. if it's NA server people should speak english only.... or create a space where they can speak portuguese privately like a guild or something. it's annoying seeing people spamming the chat with  another language that you can't understand anything... I know for sure that if it was to happen in a brazilian server we wouldn't like that either.. So please don't generalize!

Just now, okitaluc said:

I'm Brazilian, but this is just a poor excuse , in general chat Brazilians should use english to talk , can't speak --> don't talk, it's an english language server , or do it in private or whatever. Brazilian people should do an effort to be part of the community  , nonetheless English is very useful even here no harm in learning it (you don't need to be fluent just know the minimum to communicate with others). 

Go say this to a youngster who are still learning!

they wanna talk, let them

If we want world peace, learn to respect the diferences...

The world its a big place....

or Shoot everyone...

1 minute ago, Succubus Lilith said:

Quick to jump the gun, eh?

I'm not part of the BR community. I just gave info that was on the Dojo forum a while back.

Calm replies are better replies.

It doesn't matter what a specific community decides upon. It is down to NCSoft to decide what language should be spoken on their servers, and they chose not to set up a BR server.

If a server is granted a label saying Brazil, that's fine, but untill then they need to respect the language specified on the servers.

1 minute ago, okitaluc said:

This.

You don't need to be fluent in english. I know a lot of people who're not fluent in english, but at least they respect others and speak english in order to communicate with everyone else.

If the BR community is so shut-in and tight knit, they need to develop their own game to be honest, instead of doing the usual "WE GET DIBS ON THIS SERVER FOR BR!!!1 EVERYONE ELSE GTFO!" like they've done in past titles...

Then why don't you teach those "youngsters" some English words instead of letting it slide.... You seem to know English enough, step up to the plate :3

I'v taught many pinoys enough English to play games and chat with others, it's not hard.  

2 minutes ago, Ausmade1 said:

Then why don't you teach those "youngsters" some English words instead of letting it slide.... You seem to know English enough, step up to the plate :3

I'v taught many pinoys enough English to play games and chat with others, it's not hard.  

Well, "youngsters" shouldn't even be playing this game to begin with.

Such a trivial problem to complain about. Wouldn't ignoring or blocking be better than to basically tell an entire community of people to sit on their thumbs and beg for their own dedicated servers?

I mean not being able to communicate may sometimes be an issue but really? Do you really need to communicate that much? I play on Mushin and it really doesn't seem that big of a deal.

"MURICA!!

1 minute ago, Ausmade1 said:

The why don't you teach those "youngsters" some English words instead of letting it slide.... You seem to know English enough, step up to the plate :3

I do my best, some people don´t have the brains i think, but we don´t need to disrespect them for that...

i really think that this Brazilians gamers are shit talk is verry outdated...

I have been on Jiwan since the melt down of Mushin and I have not noticed any sizable BR presence in chat.  Maybe it is the time zone difference but that is what, 3 hours ahead of EST?  Now at the time I didn't know Jiwan was the "unofficial" BR server, I am sure they will offer up server transfers in the shop soon enough (if it is one thing NCSoft loves to make money off their cash shops) and if things get that bad people can leave.

Now I will admit I played upon an 'unofficial" BR server for a while in Aion and it was not a pleasant experience but that is probably due to the language and cultural differences and less to do with the players themselves.  So at least try and be respectful of one another.

In my opinion, there are 3 types of Brazilians:

1 - "Hue BRs" (Those who spam and flood the chat with portuguese insults, etc, example: picture below)

z6KsiZQ.jpg

2 - "Normal Brazilians" (Those who doesn't trashtalk  on the chat, but still talk a bit in portuguese. ex: "Hello, how are you guys doing?")

3 -"Polite Brazilians" (Those who respect the gameserver language, and try their best to speak their language)

I consider myself polite, but I hate when people think every Brazilian is a "Hue BR".

Just now, WoozyJr said:

1 - "Hue BRs" (Those who spam and flood the chat with portuguese insults, etc, example: picture below)

z6KsiZQ.jpg

2 - "Normal Brazilians" (Those who doesn't trashtalk  on the chat, ex: "Hello, how are you guys doing?")

3 -"Polite Brazilians" (Those who respect the gameserver language, and try their best to speak their language)

I consider myself polite, but I hate when people think every Brazilian is a "Hue BR".

Well, now people know what our faction chat is like.

1 minute ago, WoozyJr said:

z6KsiZQ.jpg

2 - "Normal Brazilians" (Those who doesn't trashtalk  on the chat, but still talk a bit in portuguese. ex: "Hello, how are you guys doing?")

this screenshot is amazingly hilarious

4 minutes ago, YouckFouu said:

Go say this to a youngster who are still learning!

they wanna talk, let them

If we want world peace, learn to respect the diferences...

The world its a big place....

or Shoot everyone...

With a bit of effort they can speak , the game classification is mature (the really youngster shouldn't be playing this game) If we want a world of peace we need to be able to communicate with each other, please stop this poor excuses, shoot everyone wtf? ...

Archived