Low FPS on a mid-range PC.

KungFuGuy

Victorian i do agree with you, but aside from standard software you have to find out any other programs he/she may be running. I run capture ans TS and a couple other things in backround. they could be doing the same. It is fairly easy to chew up 8GB RAM.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Victorian i do agree with you, but aside from standard software you have to find out any other programs he/she may be running. I run capture ans TS and a couple other things in backround. they could be doing the same. It is fairly easy to chew up 8GB RAM.

Windows 7 64 bit AMD Phenom II 6x 3700 OC 16gb ram Radeon R9 200

I have plenty of graphics power and no matter what graphics setting i use fps remains the same 10-20. Thing is if i run a stress test on my cpu fps climbs to 40-45. I have gotten 100+ fps when i was on early after maintenance when not many were on. The game is not even maxing out 1 core and multi-threading is barely there.

16 hours ago, Victorion said:

Care to provide a screenshot with more than 10 players in same screenshot and FPS counter?

I am very curious to confirm this statement.

Sure - And I'll at least triple the amount of people :)

My specs

i5-4570

8GB RAM

R9 280x

My settings

1080P

Vsync on

Everything at 5

Motion Blur off(I don't like motion blur because my monitor sucks lol)

Physics/Cross filter/advanced motion blur - off

Anti-aliasing - LEAA 4

I'm usually at 50-60fps, 30-50 in high populated areas. Don't forget you can hide other players with CTRL+F to reduce lag if that's a problem.

Also don't forget to update your drivers if you need to :p This is all on Windows 10 as well

OK so I was doing some testing this morning and came across something pretty weird.

First of all if you have a 120/144hz monitor and a 60hz second monitor and NEED to play in Fullscreen because it looks like crappy FPS when you play games in Fullscreen Windowed you HAVE to use Alt+Enter (simultaneously) because B&S doesn't have a real Exclusive Fullscreen Mode (which is the stupidest design choice I've ever heard of).

The second thing I want to share is that I play at 1440p, which doesn't really NEED Anti-Aliasing enabled. However I thought I'd try and stick everything on high AA on x4 to see what would happen.

Results:

1440p - AA Off = 42-50 FPS (Fullscreen exclusive)

1440p - AA x4 = 90-130 FPS (Fullscreen exclusive)

System Specs:

i7 4470k @ 4.3 GHZ

EVGA GTX 980 4GB

Samsung Evo Pro 256GB

Hope this'll help / work for some people as it has for me.

On 1/21/2016 at 10:23 AM, Menester said:

Comparing games doesn't make any sense, since every single game has its own optimisation, additionaly, I highly doubt, that there are more than 20-30 people at best in your view sight in games like BF3, I noticed, that B&S is highly disc speed consuming, additionally, that's not the best graphic card on the market, I wouldn't actually call it a mid-range one.

which is also partially why the game is such a stutter fest.. unless you have a SSD then your all good.. but if your using a HDD (Like Me) that can run at 7200RPM. then yeah the constant load screens and the stuttering half the time becomes very annoying especially in PvP

i have everything on 1 (except texture resolution which i have a 4GB DDR4 card and have it set to 4 so it should be fine) and player view distances is at 3 because 1 is just bad if you plan on doing some small open world PvP. and i average around 47FPS - and 34 or just under 30 in some areas (cant honestly tell you cause im only level 15 and have not even explored as much yet)

the game in a way needs to pre-load shaders and what not in order to improve performance... the game might be young but its had plenty of time to mature in the east... so thats not excuse to take into consideration and possibility that some things might just be best left out or replaced 

8 hours ago, IntX said:

2nv6wr8.jpg

Thanks, I appreciate it. I was wondering if you could reproduce it with some actual graphics going on. I mean when 10+ people are actually doing something and not idling next to an NPC. Are graphics at max, because it looks a few steps down from my resolution (mine is everything maxed at 1080p | AA = 4)

1 hour ago, Victorion said:

Thanks, I appreciate it. I was wondering if you could reproduce it with some actual graphics going on. I mean when 10+ people are actually doing something and not idling next to an NPC. Are graphics at max, because it looks a few steps down from my resolution (mine is everything maxed at 1080p | AA = 4)

No problem :)
Everything is maxed/turned on - But picture got kinda cropped when uploading it to tinypic - Beside that, I'm blessed with a 1650x1050-resolution monitor :P

I honestly think Game Guard is the culprit for %99 of players, look it up, see how it works, it messes with SO MUCH stuff on your pc which leads to the game running badly, there is a  million programs its hates, hell some programs wont even start or will close upon opening once GG is up and running.

Try putting your game in windowed mode the doing things, you will see.

14 hours ago, RektChubabe said:

I honestly think Game Guard is the culprit for %99 of players, look it up, see how it works, it messes with SO MUCH stuff on your pc which leads to the game running badly, there is a  million programs its hates, hell some programs wont even start or will close upon opening once GG is up and running.

Try putting your game in windowed mode the doing things, you will see.

The game is already in windowed mode by default. You need to alt+enter to get into true fullscreen.

34 minutes ago, Victorion said:

The game is already in windowed mode by default. You need to alt+enter to get into true fullscreen.

34 minutes ago, Victorion said:

So ive read multiple times, sadly i cant alt tab out of the games version of full screen, if i put it in windowed mode i can which is why i posted that

Archived