Forums

Low FPS on a mid-range PC.

KungFuGuy

Hey, KungFuGuy here. I anticipated Blade & Soul; but it seems like I'll pass it up until performance issues are fixed.

Here are my specs:

HD 7850 1GB

8GB Ram

i5 3570k

This PC should be more than capable of playing the game at constant 60fps. But in crowded areas if I turn everything down to 1, I get 40fps. If I turn settings up to 5, it will drop below 30fps.

I know my PC's not the best. But I can play games like Civilization V, BF3, Blacklight Retribution and Tomb Raider at 60fps on at least high settings, with no problem.

This game only uses DirectX9 and is lagging on a PC that can play DX11 games.

Please fix these performance issues. If not; this will be another MMO I'll just have to pass up.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Comparing games doesn't make any sense, since every single game has its own optimisation, additionaly, I highly doubt, that there are more than 20-30 people at best in your view sight in games like BF3, I noticed, that B&S is highly disc speed consuming, additionally, that's not the best graphic card on the market, I wouldn't actually call it a mid-range one.

True, it's not the best graphics card. But if the majority of games run better for me than this; it's a game problem.

If I can run Crysis 3 and Battlefield 3 both which look better than this; I should be able to run this at 60fps.

The game is unoptimized and I doubt getting a new GPU would help much.

I have a quite better PC than you and I have the same issue.

I7

8GB

390x

As long I'm with less than 4 people it's fine, the moment it's more than that it gets a nightmare. You can even have it as low as possible and it will still hurt you.

The engine is very old and not that well Optimized for Bns

4 minutes ago, KungFuGuy said:

True, it's not the best graphics card. But if the majority of games run better for me than this; it's a game problem.

If I can run Crysis 3 and Battlefield 3 both which look better than this; I should be able to run this at 60fps.

The game is unoptimized and I doubt getting a new GPU would help much.

I would assume its an optimization issue, as my setup consists of more powerful parts than yours, yet I drop frames as well and it gets choppy.

Then again lot of streamers, even those who just started streaming upon the release of this game, their games run flawlessly. So maybe.

3 minutes ago, usedtoplayCS said:

I would assume its an optimization issue, as my setup consists of more powerful parts than yours, yet I drop frames as well and it gets choppy.

Then again lot of streamers, even those who just started streaming upon the release of this game, their games run flawlessly. So maybe.

Well it might run flawlessly but they most likely ahve their settings on like lvl 3 or lower.

33 minutes ago, FioX said:

Well it might run flawlessly but they most likely ahve their settings on like lvl 3 or lower.

Sorry I can't directly relate, but I have Nvidia, and the amount of work I had to put in with Inspector to manually optimize the game was ghastly. Here are the exact step I had to take http://forum.gamer.com.tw/C.php?page=1&bsn=12980&snA=43407 translated to english using google translator lol... It was crazy but well worth.

Overclock GPU and possibly CPU if you have an aftermarket cooler.

Turn off AA and V-sync and go 1080p max

Should improve framerates enough to make it playable even in crowdier areas.

I have an i5-2500k @ 4.3 Ghz + GTX 660 TI videocard slightly overclocked - I get constant 60 FPS (i limited it to 60 max) and in crowdier areas, its usually around 50-60, with a few times it dumps down to 30, but not for longer periods.

Oh and make sure your temps are good.

2 minutes ago, Victorion said:

Overclock GPU and possibly CPU if you have an aftermarket cooler.

Turn off AA and V-sync and go 1080p max

Should improve framerates enough to make it playable even in crowdier areas.

I have an i5-2500k @ 4.3 Ghz + GTX 660 TI videocard slightly overclocked - I get constant 60 FPS (i limited it to 60 max) and in crowdier areas, its usually around 50-60, with a few times it dumps down to 30, but not for longer periods.

Oh and make sure your temps are good.

Setting Level? 5?

Low FPS is a common issue in BnS, I believe it's still investigated and different methods work for different people. 

Try to make sure your GPU is actually loaded by the game. Enable vsync (solves a lot of issues around here). Make sure your external GPU configs aren't messing up game config (stuff like RadeonPRO, AMD Overdrive, nvidia control panel).

Also, not sure if related, check up with those threads on ASUS and Razer services conflicts, if you're using any.

2 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Low FPS is a common issue in BnS, I believe it's still investigated and different methods work for different people. 

Try to make sure your GPU is actually loaded by the game. Enable vsync (solves a lot of issues around here). Make sure your external GPU configs aren't messing up game config (stuff like RadeonPRO, AMD Overdrive, nvidia control panel).

Also, not sure if related, check up with those threads on ASUS and Razer services conflicts, if you're using any.

I guess I'll give a try to VSync. I hate it's FPS Lock though. It's Annoying.

Just now, FioX said:

I guess I'll give a try to VSync. I hate it's FPS Lock though. It's Annoying.

VSync locks fps to your monitor's refresh rate. Unless you're super-sensitive to response time, it's not really useful to get more fps than that.

Just now, Enhance said:

VSync locks fps to your monitor's refresh rate. Unless you're super-sensitive to response time, it's not really useful to get more fps than that.

I'm aware of that. It just looks slugish for some reason whenever I have it on. as Far as I know 59.9fps without VSync feels a LOT smoother than 59.9 by VSync :C

Just now, FioX said:

I'm aware of that. It just looks slugish for some reason whenever I have it on. as Far as I know 59.9fps without VSync feels a LOT smoother than 59.9 by VSync :C

Still better than running 30fps is it not? :D

If that solution works that is. Hopefully at a later date the issue will be investigated and fixed.

VSync is best turned off, unless you´re experiencing screen tearing. Otherwise it´s just a performance hit and not much more than that.

Gsync is another option, which is doesn´t degrade performance (but those monitors are expensive) - freesync another option but not really great.

1 minute ago, Victorion said:

VSync is best turned off, unless you´re experiencing screen tearing. Otherwise it´s just a performance hit and not much more than that.

Gsync is another option, which is doesn´t degrade performance (but those monitors are expensive) - freesync another option but not really great.

In games that don't have a frame limiter it's useful to prevent them running at 1k fps for no reason.

And in this game, the frame limiter seems really sloppy. Mine included, I've met several cases where vsync improved (for whatever hongmoon reason) performance here.

Yeah, I just think the game is unoptimized guys. In the first tutorial section I could get 60fps on preset 4.

But then when I got to that first populated outpost area; my FPS dropped to 40fps on preset 1.

Even in that first tutorial section though, there was annoying stuttering.

1 minute ago, Razakhel said:

I got an i5 3.2GHz, GTX 970, and in ultra (5/5 everywhere, max AA) I have between 80 (I've set this as the top, so I could have more I guess) in instanciated areas and 30 in villages. Yeah, it could be better, it's not perfectly optimised, but it would take months to do so. I'm not saying that they won't, but I guess you'll have to wait :/

At least you can have 60 FPS, with my old laptop which got a GT 635M I don't even think I could.

Well that's something funny. I put my slider to 120Max yet the game always stays at 60(as if locked).

Mmmm, this game is so buggy. Texute Issue with Slunder skill with BD which didn't have in CBT1-5 and performance got somehow freaking worse. gg ncsoft gg

hi Enhance

we´re talking about 2 different things :) I do agree with you, that it´s not at all optimal to run at 1k FPS - it results in alot of unwanted things. The thing I talk about is, that turning on V-sync uses performance from both video card and cpu that may be better spent on the game - rather than on syncing monitor perfectly. In pc rigs that struggle with a stable 60 fps - you don´t need to worry for 1000 FPS issues, and turning off Vsync frees up some resources to better keep the fps steady

I think Bns Is just VERY Badly Optimized for AMD, everyone that is using NVidia seems to be going okay'ish.

Everyone using AMD is having trouble even with Stronger Cards.

Since when does a GTX 660TI or a GTX970 Outperform a R9 390x, in a good optimized game R9 390x will beat or AT LEAST run as good.

1 minute ago, Victorion said:

hi Enhance

we´re talking about 2 different things :) I do agree with you, that it´s not at all optimal to run at 1k FPS - it results in alot of unwanted things. The thing I talk about is, that turning on V-sync uses performance from both video card and cpu that may be better spent on the game - rather than on syncing monitor perfectly. In pc rigs that struggle with a stable 60 fps - you don´t need to worry for 1000 FPS issues, and turning off Vsync frees up some resources to better keep the fps steady

Yes, but the thing is that this rig isn't one that should struggle with a 60 FPS setting. I have no idea WHY enabling Vsync sometimes fixes that, but it does in BNS. No harm in trying, right?

5 minutes ago, Vendetto said:

Anyone using AMD Radeon please share your set up. My FPS is only 15 - 30 and its unplayable. Please help and post any possible solution for this game.

Radeon R9 390, everything on 5, 60fps, vsync on. Which part of my setup are you interested in?

Archived