15 keys ...

Sylla

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Meliran said:

Yes, the hongmoon weapon is BiS when upgraded to comparable level. For instance, Awakened Infernal will be better than normal Infernal.

However, at end game there is a major wall coming from Moonwater Evolution Stones. They are about 12 gold a pop, or 2 days worth of farming each. Because of this, most end games will start with Awakened Infernal +10, which has an attack modifier of 179. Quite a few weapons are better than that - Profane, the weapons from the big 4 instances, and the weapons from E. Fleet/Blackram. You might be good just farming E. Fleet at the start as the weapon from there is better than Hongmoon until it gets to Awakened Profane +7.

Thanks! Was all that I needed!

Just now, 16Letters said:

Thanks! Was all that I needed!

Just, when you hit 45, don't throw away your Hongmoon weapon in favor of a Storm Siren. While Storm Siren is better than Hongmoon until +7 Profane, Hongmoon can continue to be upgraded another couple of tiers. By the time you're all the way at +10 True Siren (since I think Pirate isn't available yet), you'll be at 279 attack as compared to 242 from the raw Storm Siren, a 15% increase in damage.

2 minutes ago, Meliran said:

Just, when you hit 45, don't throw away your Hongmoon weapon in favor of a Storm Siren. While Storm Siren is better than Hongmoon until +7 Profane, Hongmoon can continue to be upgraded another couple of tiers. By the time you're all the way at +10 True Siren (since I think Pirate isn't available yet), you'll be at 279 attack as compared to 242 from the raw Storm Siren, a 15% increase in damage.

Well this page is in my bookmarks now! Thanks alot now I have a clear understanding about what I'm going to with my weapons!!

Also why aren't you a mod yet & haven't you wrote down a sticky post about this ''weapon path''? :D

4 minutes ago, Cooby said:

cerulean must dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D

XD I can't help it, those blue outfits look smooth. Plus, I have a methodology when it comes to MMOs based on years of experience -- Anything that looks even remotely edgy/cool/evil will always attract more players, and often times some...unsavory ones. While subtle design/good/chill does the exact opposite

3 minutes ago, Cooby said:

so...the upgraded hongmoon is all we need huh?

Seems that way, and as someone just mentioned recently...it's even better than a lv45 weapon 0.o wow.

Just now, 16Letters said:

Well this page is in my bookmarks now! Thanks alot now I have a clear understanding about what I'm going to with my weapons!!

Also why aren't you a mod yet & haven't you wrote down a sticky post about this ''weapon path''? :D

I'd love to be a mod or customer support for NCSoft, but they're not hiring. Only position I saw they wanted 2 years and I only have 3 months experience.

As for the weapon path, I probably should write something up. It'd help me out too instead of having to search all over google to find the webpages I use. >.<

1 minute ago, Kuurei said:

XD I can't help it, those blue outfits look smooth. Plus, I have a methodology when it comes to MMOs based on years of experience -- Anything that looks even remotely edgy/cool/evil will always attract more players, and often times some...unsavory ones. While subtle design/good/chill does the exact opposite

Seems that way, and as someone just mentioned recently...it's even better than a lv45 weapon 0.o wow.

It's pretty good, i figured it out rather easily as well, my axe is like...idk tier 3 +10 or something, i forgot already hah

On Mushin, it took me about 11 keys or so to get my sword, but when I remade my character on Hajoon I got it on my third try.

And a few hours ago, I got a blight sword on my second.

It all comes down to luck, I guess.

12 minutes ago, Kuurei said:

Weirdos. I've seen people willing to trade them for their class' weapon on Iksanun. Maybe Cerulean faction is just that awesome :P

Wow, is CO nice in general on every server?

I'm not used to using my default weapon for nearly my entire life.

Luckily the Blade Dancer Hongmoon is pretty graceful looking.

Wondering if we can "skin" other weapons on top of our Hongmoon appearance though, in case something fancy drops.

EDIT: Lol, and I think Cerulean Order does tend to be the nicer ones. It does fall in line nicely with the "method for choosing crap" that I've learned over the years :P The uniform's design isn't edgy, instead it's more subtle as opposed to the in-your-face splashes of red and black on the Crimson side.

1 minute ago, Meliran said:

I'd love to be a mod or customer support for NCSoft, but they're not hiring. Only position I saw they wanted 2 years and I only have 3 months experience.

As for the weapon path, I probably should write something up. It'd help me out too instead of having to search all over google to find the webpages I use. >.<

Alright, I'll see if I can recommend you in the forums since the game will be down for one more hour. Because your help saved so much time!

Also you're way too late with that post & I'm looking forward to it. Just imagine, the first ever blade & soul weapon guide! Credited by your name! I mean sounds exciting if you ask me! Ggwp :D

Yea, it is possible to alter the weapon's appearance, at the right side of the Evolve option of your weapon, but i suppose it will be a cash shop item, if it's not already implemented. Me, personally, i like the way the axe transforms after each tier upgrade

1 minute ago, Cooby said:

Yea, it is possible to alter the weapon's appearance, at the right side of the Evolve option of your weapon, but i suppose it will be a cash shop item, if it's not already implemented. Me, personally, i like the way the axe transforms after each tier upgrade

Ah, been progressing too slowly, and haven't been lucky enough to get the Lyn Stalker Sword I need so haven't seen a tier shift yet. Sounds interesting.

As for the cash shop thing...potentially disappointing, but CS items seem to be on the Daily Dash board anywho.

1 minute ago, Kuurei said:

I'm not used to using my default weapon for nearly my entire life.

Luckily the Blade Dancer Hongmoon is pretty graceful looking.

Wondering if we can "skin" other weapons on top of our Hongmoon appearance though, in case something fancy drops.

You can. I have the Lycan sword skinned over my own sword. If you go to evolve, it's the third tab that allows you to place another skin over.

The item also changes appearances as you upgrade it. Hongmoon +10 -> Awakened Blight will change its looks for the first time. Then every 20 levels of the item (Infernal, Profane, Siren), it changes appearances. Halfway through each level (10 levels in, after the first transformation), it'll change colors.

5 minutes ago, 16Letters said:

Alright, I'll see if I can recommend you in the forums since the game will be down for one more hour. Because your help saved so much time!

Also you're way too late with that post & I'm looking forward to it. Just imagine, the first ever blade & soul weapon guide! Credited by your name! I mean sounds exciting if you ask me! Ggwp :D

Thanks, though it's hardly the first. I use these two links to get information, but they're a bit hard to understand without being in the loop. They're also wrong in some ways (for instance - accessories don't require Blight to evolve, they require world boss/instance stuff, and after they are +10 Infernal, they go straight to Siren).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1W6uFK9hupn8jsOjj2zhyL6LyBG8r2RL3GAuso7mHfS8/htmlview

http://www.codex-network.com/guides/m/34768263/article/3588564

1 minute ago, Meliran said:

You can. I have the Lycan sword skinned over my own sword. If you go to evolve, it's the third tab that allows you to place another skin over.

The item also changes appearances as you upgrade it. Hongmoon +10 -> Awakened Blight will change its looks for the first time. Then every 20 levels of the item (Infernal, Profane, Siren), it changes appearances. Halfway through each level (10 levels in, after the first transformation), it'll change colors.

Ah good to know. XD

14 minutes ago, Kuurei said:

EDIT: Lol, and I think Cerulean Order does tend to be the nicer ones. It does fall in line nicely with the "method for choosing crap" that I've learned over the years :P The uniform's design isn't edgy, instead it's more subtle as opposed to the in-your-face splashes of red and black on the Crimson side.

Funny, I joined CO but usually wear the Jiangshi Raiment, which has the CL uniform's colour scheme.

8 minutes ago, Kuurei said:

Ah, been progressing too slowly, and haven't been lucky enough to get the Lyn Stalker Sword I need so haven't seen a tier shift yet. Sounds interesting.

If you're on Hajoon, I have a spare Stalker Lynblade idk what to do with. I may or may not have one leftover on Mushin, can't remember if I used it as fodder for my weapon. Those things make for good fodder.

6 minutes ago, fatalystic said:

Funny, I joined CO but usually wear the Jiangshi Raiment, which has the CL uniform's colour scheme.

If you're on Hajoon, I have a spare Stalker Lynblade idk what to do with. I may or may not have one leftover on Mushin, can't remember if I used it as fodder for my weapon. Those things make for good fodder.

Sadly on Iksanun, thanks though. xD

Archived