Outfits Missing from the store/wardrobe

EroGG

A lot of the outfits that were in the beta seem to be missing from the store and/or the wardrobe. Any word on when, if and how they will be available? Also will outfits that used to be in the store, but are now only in the wardrobe such as "Best Friend" be available in the store any time soon?

They'll probably be back when they've been overcensored etc.

I even remember the female skins had nipples during the beta, now they've cut off their chests in most costumes and re-textured it for EU/US release.

Not a HUGE issue but the overcensoring for the EU/US is ridiculous at best. It's rated M for Mature (18+) for a reason, and as such, there should be no need to re-texture the bodies or costumes. It happened with TERA as well, it got so overcensored people demanded refunds.

5 minutes ago, Ord said:

I even remember the female skins had nipples during the beta, now they've cut off their chests in most costumes and re-textured it for EU/US release.

Not a HUGE issue but the overcensoring for the EU/US is ridiculous at best. It's rated M for Mature (18+) for a reason, and as such, there should be no need to re-texture the bodies or costumes. It happened with TERA as well, it got so overcensored people demanded refunds.

Actually it's not that bad in terms of censoring compared to some of the other region versions of BnS (eg. China). I was (pleasantly) surprised that NCSoft decided to roll with the "uncensored" versions of the costumes. Guess it comes down to some regions' governments having the last say in what their people can/can't see.

3 minutes ago, Lemonaide said:

Actually it's not that bad in terms of censoring compared to some of the other region versions of BnS (eg. China). I was (pleasantly) surprised that NCSoft decided to roll with the "uncensored" versions of the costumes. Guess it comes down to some regions' governments having the last say in what their people can/can't see.

The guys putting a rating on the games are the ones deciding everything. If they rated the game M for mature (18+) then there are basically no limits.

It's just that Asian developers seem to believe that Western gamers can't stand the thought of seeing nipples ass and whatnot so they decide to overcensor everything.

I'm just tired of the censorship they place on their games.

Look at the Asian version of TERA for example. Skimpy Elin outfits in the Asian version vs full on body suits for the EU/US version.

I know this game isn't has censored as TERA, but then again, TERA was not rated M for mature but 12+ by the ESRB. This game WAS rated M for mature by the ESRB which gives them no reason to censor anything at all.

• NCSOFT
14 minutes ago, Ord said:

Hi,

No changes have been to the costumes for the Western release, and the models have not been re-textured.

Please stay on topic.

3 minutes ago, Ord said:

The guys putting a rating on the games are the ones deciding everything. If they rated the game M for mature (18+) then there are basically no limits.

It's just that Asian developers seem to believe that Western gamers can't stand the thought of seeing nipples ass and whatnot so they decide to overcensor everything.

I'm just tired of the censorship they place on their games.

Look at the Asian version of TERA for example. Skimpy Elin outfits in the Asian version vs full on body suits for the EU/US version.

I know this game isn't has censored as TERA, but then again, TERA was not rated M for mature but 12+ by the ESRB. This game WAS rated M for mature by the ESRB which gives them no reason to censor anything at all.

You can thank bloggers, games journalists for that. I mean if an Asian Dev sees people screaming bloody murder of something like showing skin then I to would think that is how the most western market reacts to it. 

To solve this is to have better communication with Asian dev groups. But I am unsure that is how they work with an community as we do in West. 

1 hour ago, Lock6 said:

No changes have been to the costumes for the Western release, and the models have not been re-textured.

On the launch stream on Twitch, they asked the Art Director from Korea about bringing the game to other regions. His response was translated as: 

"For U.S., a lot of people wanted some sexual, um, they didn't like any sexual discrimination on the costumes, or, like, what they look like, so he had to work on the artwork for that."

(That's at about 02:05:30 in the twitch stream.)

So according to him, it sounds like changes were made to the costumes for the Western release.

19 minutes ago, Laoshottie said:

Milking players for the current outfits, then releasing new outfits with much advertisement and pretty words. It's a marketing strategy basically and having a taste of it in beta just makes you crave it more 

for a game released there is 4 years ago .... well, especialy some outfit that logicaly here from the beginning.

Like the one i asked for, could be logicaly be bought for xx gold at the first village.  Meaning that outfit should be in the GAME, and not in the cash shop

But sure, from a commercial point of view its ofc better not release everything at once

Archived