FM and pvp

Militiaman

I have been doing them the last day and noticed that people seem to literally resist every spell 99% of the time. 

Like no joke, resist, resist, resist, resist, resist over and over. 

I don't understand it because I sure as hell am not seeing "block, block, block, block, block" over and over in favor of me. 

I never have this issue in open world. 

Resist spam often means they resisted the status effects, I believe (which fm has aplenty): ember, daze, stun, freeze, chill, etc. The damage still goes through. 

If it doesn't, many classes (read: every class) has skills to avoid damage for periods of time. Make sure you're not falling for their lure and dropping all you have on them in invincibility.

I've had a few match up against FM as a Sin when I use my C, it's specced so that it would avoid damage and status effects while the attack animation is still continuing. Unfortunately they use everything while I'm in that state because they see that I'm not in stealth. And the fight goes down hill for them. But for most abilities I'm pretty sure your damaging them but, as Enhance said, the status effects of your abilities are just not applying.  

For the sake of fairness, here is what I do on my KFM when fighting FMs: I speck Counter to tier 4 Stage 4, which let's me counter skills for 1 second every 1.3 seconds PLUS gives me 1 second immunity to one additional attack after a successful counter. So if you hit me in the 1st second I am protected form the second hit in the 0.3 vulnerable seconds. You need to crack this with defence penetrating skills (which FMs do have). ^_^

I am playing a FM myself and from what i read about PVP and this Class is that you can beat noobs without a problem. When facing players that know their combos however there is nothing you can do to beat them. There is no mechanic for you to break a block (they will come with lvl 50 patch) and you can only do so much to break their combo (press tab every 20 seconds). I have played over 100 Matches and yet to beat a summoner.

Resist spam often means they resisted the status effects, I believe (which fm has aplenty): ember, daze, stun, freeze, chill, etc.

And thats the problem. Because you will not apply good damage as a FM without these effects. Most spells deal 2 times (or more) the damage when you have freeze going.

I'm playing FM myself, Summoners seem like one of the easy classes to beat. At least I'm not having as much trouble as others claim to have.

KFMs are also not as annoying as, say, Destroyers. You can break the block with Phantom Grip/cast an AoE like fire wall/meteor shower and chip away their health. Constant freezes with stuff like backstep and frost armor/ice orbs, and they only have so much CC removal.

Destroyers, on the other hands... Well, practice, I guess!

Archived