How do you make money in this game?

Koopsy

Absolutely everything you get from the mobs and boxes , is worth 1 copper to the vendors.... The least NC could do is make purples or more items sell for 1-5 silver . 

And the lvl 40 weapon is a pain to craft it since the auction sells the stone for 15+gold. No idea were to get it either.

Ebay! I wish I was joking but RMT bots are going to make a killing off this game. I guess a perk of paying NC is you get money from actual mobs where free players don't.. but as Aion and L2 have proven time and time again.. it's more cost effective to go the rmt route then buy ncoin, you're going to find a lot of players turning to that method in order to advance. About the only advantage I see here compared to the others is you only really have your weapon to worry about. No armor to buy as you do in the other two. 

But with the extremely high Ncoin prices for items.. you are going to see a lot of players turning to RMT. 

Just now, Koopsy said:

Thats the thing , im not a free player , even bought the 1 year membership , and it still sucks. Never got passed 2 gold in this game. Really terrible economy .

I just got my 6th gold for today alone, AMking and Selling Food Items from the Culinary guild, and mind you I am a free player.

26 minutes ago, Koopsy said:

Thats the thing , im not a free player , even bought the 1 year membership , and it still sucks. Never got passed 2 gold in this game. Really terrible economy .

If you have done all of your storyline quests, and some dailies, even with upgrading your weapon, and accessories to Awakened Inferno, you should have gold. (Even for free players)

To answer your question:

Gather crafting items, and either craft or sell the mats for crafting. 

Do your storyline quests and daily quests

Run dungeons and hope a good item people want, drops and they have a bidding war.

it will be

17 minutes ago, Pauliea said:

I didn't follow the development of Blade and Soul much, but I think I saw somewhere that you can buy gold with ncoin in-game? Can someone clarify this to me?

later its not in the game yet as they wanted to create an economy first 

I also recommend putting time into the crafting. I was eeking along barely squeezing by, selling a few things from crafting, until I had a few spare items that I had actually made for my own weapon evolution. checked their prices on the market...and in 2 sales i had made more then i had made from game start all the way up to that point. It's all about watching for those critical items, and don't sell low...for a single evening, earth clay was selling for 9 copper apiece. rest the time, they went for around 35. no clue why they were so low that day, but I held onto mine until prices got back up. 

However...all that being said...I do believe that the game is stingy in rewards. People shouldn't have to play "the market" just to make ends meet in the game. In my personal opinions, the money you make from general game stuff should cover 95% of your needs in the game. its lopsided atm....too many gold sinks, not enough income. the only reason the market is so profitable is that it's player controlled, and I'm not a fan of players deciding how well I do in game. I'd prefer a little more balance on the game side. 

If you wanna make gold and you ht 45, you going have to farm Brightstone Ruins for recipe drops, if you  get lucky with what recipes drops say merry potters or soul warden you get good amt. Even if it doesn't I would work on craft also every run I can make up to 5-10 silver from moon tears people bids on. Yes spamming dungeon sucks but its only way and long way. Of course do all your high level dailys for sure.

For money my recommendation is don't spend it on anything pre 45 if you can help it.  Game gives you everything you need from quests and dailies.  You may find yourself lacking in keys because the RNG is nasty at times but in that case you either buy keys off AH or do some dailies that give them.  If you do this by time you hit 40 ish you should have almost 2 gold.  From there the cash starts coming in faster.  Daily quests at 45 give between 14 and 40+ silver.  Doing all the higher level dailies can give you about 4-6 gold depending how many you spend time on for one days worth of dailies.  If you want to take your cash gains even further you will have to do your own research.

You can get between 5-7 gold doing dalies at 45 every day, not all dalies get gold directly, some give items that sell decently ( keys ) and so on, and that's about it right now, you might be somewhat lucky on crafting but it's not that super effective always either.

18 hours ago, Temjiu said:

I also recommend putting time into the crafting. I was eeking along barely squeezing by, selling a few things from crafting, until I had a few spare items that I had actually made for my own weapon evolution. checked their prices on the market...and in 2 sales i had made more then i had made from game start all the way up to that point. It's all about watching for those critical items, and don't sell low...for a single evening, earth clay was selling for 9 copper apiece. rest the time, they went for around 35. no clue why they were so low that day, but I held onto mine until prices got back up. 

However...all that being said...I do believe that the game is stingy in rewards. People shouldn't have to play "the market" just to make ends meet in the game. In my personal opinions, the money you make from general game stuff should cover 95% of your needs in the game. its lopsided atm....too many gold sinks, not enough income. the only reason the market is so profitable is that it's player controlled, and I'm not a fan of players deciding how well I do in game. I'd prefer a little more balance on the game side. 

That's what i want from this game , to be able to make money just by selling off things to vendors... And this game is just terrible in that direction.

You cant even afford a dumpling...

15 minutes ago, Koopsy said:

That's what i want from this game , to be able to make money just by selling off things to vendors... And this game is just terrible in that direction.

craft dumplings 

5 hours ago, jam201984 said:

it will be

Isn't this going to ruin the game economy? 
I'm 26 lvl and I have 1 gold already, without trying to make it. I'm doing quests and dungeons and selling some of the fodder that drops in the dungeons. I've noticed some of the quests give good money. 

2 minutes ago, kissoff said:

I'm 26 lvl and I have 1 gold already, without trying to make it. I'm doing quests and dungeons and selling some of the fodder that drops in the dungeons. I've noticed some of the quests give good money. 

shh playing the game without trying to make money by doing quest and stuff is the secret of making money nyan.

4 hours ago, Koopsy said:

You shouldn't ever have the need to buy dumplins/pots as the game gives you a shitload as drops. And as already pointed out endgame dailies give quite a few gold. Right now i have 40gold and over 200 dumplings and pots. If you lack dumplings/pots etc. it'S your own fault and not the game.

1 minute ago, MeowNyan said:

shh playing the game without trying to make money by doing quest and stuff is the secret of making money nyan.

I meant  that I'm not focusing on the money so much, but made 1 gold already, mostly by selling fodder in auction and doing dungeons.

Here is how I never had problems with gold trough my leveling and even now:

Early levels (1-20ish):

-I always looted everything and always sell the stuff I don't need, even if it's worth 1 copper.

-I never actually bid for anything in dungeons (who needs dungeon pizzas anyways), BESIDES the weapon that I need. Not even accessories.

-When I got the crafting/gathering quests, I joined 2 crafting and 2 gathering right away and never stopped leveling them. I had money to do that, because the early stuff is always worth some tiny copper, and because I looted & sold everything till here I had around 1-2 silver.

-It's time for Blackram Narrows (or w/e the name is) where everybody are giving crazy money for the accessories, I will tell you later why. I made around 50 silver in total for all my runs. (my weapon dropped on the 10th run or smth.

Mid levels (20-36):

-So far I have already made around 1g from professions, because I saw that the quest Bell from potters sells good, and I sold around 3-4 of them, greatly undercutting everyone else (it was for 50 silver, I sold mine for 40-45).

-I always did my dailies if they are not in group and they reward quite a lot of money compared to normal quests.

-It's time for Infernal Lord dungeon. Here I made another good chunk of silver (even gold, because the costume dropped and a guy paid 3 gold for it, very unlikely it will happen to you). I got unlucky again and had to do around 5-7 runs to get my weapon. A lot of people are giving good silver for the retarded pizza lol.

Late levels (36-45):

-Here the problem is the least. Quests give so much silver, that if you don't buy keys or something stupid like that you should make a good chunk of gold just from questing.

-I also sold a few Cinderlands Transformation Stones and I was happy with my income.

-Right now on level 45 I do all my PvP dailies first, because I'm cocky as *cricket* and I care about my rank. Then I go and do POH24 dailies and they reward some good money too.

-I also continue to level up my professions (2 out of 4 are level 3, the other two are clsoe to 3, because I never stopped).

GENERAL TIPS:

-When you get in dungeon, if you're the party leader you can set a minimum bid on items. I always put 1 silver for Blackram Narrows and 10 silver for Infernal Lord. That actually rewards way more then you can imagine.

-You better get your a$$ on google and search for where are the samples for your gathering professions. Get them while you are still in the zones so you don't have to come back just for them later.

That's effin it. Right now I permanently hold around 5-10 gold, no matter how much I buy materials for my professions from the auction house. The dailies reward just as much as I spend daily.

29 minutes ago, kissoff said:

it will be

6 hours ago, Pauliea said:

I didn't follow the development of Blade and Soul much, but I think I saw somewhere that you can buy gold with ncoin in-game? Can someone clarify this to me?

Archived