How to deal with Summoners as Force master?

Vecejj

I understand Force masters are not the best in Arena but I've been having a good experience and adapting well to each class I face, by the end it's usually a very close call, however, when I go against summoners they just wipe the floor with me. How do you deal with 2 enemies at once when they both deal high damage? if the targeting system wasn't so silly I could drop the summoner so fast but it just always goes for the familiar.

Any fellow force masters out there that can offer some advice? or are summoners just extremely strong in arena, seems like this to me!

I'm only around 1650(and i probably shouldn't be, got all my rating from farming summoners) but what i do is generally to always keep a slow on the cat and just spam freeze nuke the summoner. When they use their flower petal stuff that makes them resist ranged attacks i generally ice block if i have it up, and then go back to nuking them when it's down. I specced into divine veil which is crucial against ranged attacks, and more damage on the z and x on frozen targets to burst them down once they are unable to get out of freeze.

I'm not sure if this tactic works on higher ranked summoners though.

I haven't done a ton of arena yet been working on farming my stuff for gears and dungeons with doing some arena just for dailies. 

What level are you Vecejj? Are you max level yet to have all your abilities and points? 

Summoners can go stealth and switch spots with their cat. The one's I've fought when they do that I end up just killing their cat and then killing cat and then having a one on one with them. During the CBT there was quite a few fights where I fought summoners and was able to kill them first before their cat. But each summoner at the moment are different so might need different strats vs different ones. 

I generally use the Divine Veil that allows me to move and do attacks while having it on in order to gain even more healing. Frost Armor healing when entering it and healing based on how much damage you take while inside of it. Also having healing from my F with Ice. 

What Shiyasu said about the sleeping the cat is something I had considered as well was talking to a Summoner on TS the other day about it to see what they could do potentially to get their cat out of the sleep. But haven't needed yet to play around with doing that. 

You are kidding right? FM's own summoners.

Also in this years world final four, it was 2 FM, 1 Dest, 1 Warlock.

All FM has to do for summoner is freeze him then move behind.  The game requires LOS to use our abilities and FM's totally remove that. And summoners are way lacking in the movement skill department.

Against a good Summoner you have like no chance. If you stay ranged he can nullify your damage completely with Flower Petal Storm and Dandelion Seeds. Your only chance is to get into close range, so Flower Petal Storm doesn't work. The Cooldown between a fully used Dandelion Seeds is like 1 second until you can use it again. If the Summoner got a good skill timing that's your single time window to damage him. Aside of this, he got healing skills, a full immune skill and a DoT  energy recovery. As a Force Master, Summoners are your biggest enemies because they got the same range as you. The best way is to sleep the cat. In this case the Summoner lack some skills. The Summoner and the cat have to stay separated, every good Summoner will just use certain skills like stun / knockdown and recall the cat. If you made the cat sleep, avoid that the Summoner can run to the cat. If my cat get into sleep i just stay on top of her so she get hit by aoe skills and recover. If you manage to kill the cat you have to stop the summoner by recalling her. The best ways for the summoner to do this is to root and slow you, dandelion seeds an attack and run away to summon it being protected with Flower Petal Storm. It's really hard to stop him doing this. To sum it up: Against a really good summoner, 0 chance. In every other case, try to sleep the cat and get into close range and stay inside the Flower Petal Storm to damage him.

Archived