Forums

Gold sellers

MeiShiori

Seriously, either give us an unlimited amount of block listings or fix the problem with the gold sellers. I came into this game hard and heavy and I am beginning to regret my money spent.

Hard to support a game where gold sellers are allowed to harass you because you were only given 50 block spots. Such logic much wow.

I have high hopes for this game but if you're gonna allow them to walk all over your paying customers I almost see no benefit in giving you my money.

Hey MeiShiori,

We are aware of the issue with gold sellers and bots and trying to cull them, in addition to looking at the minimum amount of block spots. Thanks for your feedback! We're working as swiftly as possible. Some of those Blade & Soul powers irl would definitely come in handy right now.

Wow that was a fast reply, I apologize if I came off as a bit brash and rude, It's honestly just the frustration of the situation.

It's good to know that options are being looked into! Thanks for taking the time to reply to my rant!  =)

Other than that I am absolutely loving the game!

1 minute ago, Bladez said:

How about make a  minimum lvl requirement for people to use the chat? for example, players can not use world chat to announce things until lvl 15 or so. Make it a bit harder for bots to make announcements.

It won't, it will just force them to make a shit ton of bots and bot them up in the leveling zones, making it impossible for normal players to play so they can have toons in the level range to spam. Tried that on L2... didn't do a damn thing and it just screwed over new players. 

3 minutes ago, Zerachiel said:

It won't, it will just force them to make a shit ton of bots and bot them up in the leveling zones, making it impossible for normal players to play so they can have toons in the level range to spam. Tried that on L2... didn't do a damn thing and it just screwed over new players. 

Agreed, I'm no expert by any means because I don't know coding, but I would guess that uncapping the block list would be the easiest and most efficient option, but that's just my best guess.

7 minutes ago, MeiShiori said:

Agreed, I'm no expert by any means because I don't know coding, but I would guess that uncapping the block list would be the easiest and most efficient option, but that's just my best guess.

Actually the most efficient way... make a new tab, or edit a tab in the chat box that is only white chat, pm's, clan/ ally and party. No more bot spams! that's what I have, done for the moment.. haven't had to block a single person. Now if they start the PM BS.. yeah my block list is going to get full very fast. 

5 hours ago, Zerachiel said:

Actually the most efficient way... make a new tab, or edit a tab in the chat box that is only white chat, pm's, clan/ ally and party. No more bot spams! that's what I have, done for the moment.. haven't had to block a single person. Now if they start the PM BS.. yeah my block list is going to get full very fast. 

Not really, I don't consider having to cut off lines communication in a game very efficient, especially channels like party or group finder. Just saying.

Some ideas:

1. An in-game moderator that can mute forever players (in case you were muted by mistake, you can fill a report... somewhere? Those mods can also check these wrong issued mutes). 

2. Prerequisite to speak in region/faction/any other kind of global chat (not a paywall, please).

3. Can't say the same thing twice, or you'll be muted by X amount of time (don't give them a reason for the mute though, else they'll instantly patch their bots?).

2 hours ago, Alessa said:

IS there any way to get gold paying with NC coins in EU/ NA?

Or does all the players that will need to buy gold at some point

will have to actually give their money to Gold sellers?

in my experiences with other games, many if not most gold spammers don't actually sell gold.
they get you to visit their website and from there they infect your computer or have you enter your data if you are foolish enough
anyways, it's basically like a phishing scam.

there was gold sellers even in head start lol, when there's no way they would've had much of anything to sell.

12 hours ago, Yaviey said:

Hey MeiShiori,

We are aware of the issue with gold sellers and bots and trying to cull them, in addition to looking at the minimum amount of block spots. Thanks for your feedback! We're working as swiftly as possible. Some of those Blade & Soul powers irl would definitely come in handy right now.

I noticed i couldn't report a spammer in the Cross Server LFG. I can block but not report.

Through my 16 years of playing MMO's, I have found it best NOT to report the gold spammers. Why?? They'll be kicked or banned, and then will be back do the same thing again, but under a different username, meaning another spammer that you need to block.

Believe me... I hate them too... When I was playing EQ2, there were a lot of spammers. I would hunt them down, and then starts messing with them, until they logged. LOL!! That was my own personal game that I played within EQ2.

58 minutes ago, Killeon said:

3. Can't say the same thing twice, or you'll be muted by X amount of time (don't give them a reason for the mute though, else they'll instantly patch their bots?).

I don't think that will work, most gold seller bots have strings of random letters added to the end of the advertisement to specifically get around this kind of thing.

Archived