Word of advice to playing Open World PVP:

ARC-1276

Eh.. Personally I believe once you put that faction gear on, your right to get upset because someone killed you is forfeit.  You wear the gear knowing what you are getting into. To rage over it is literally as dumb as walking into a McDonalds and asking if they have a drive-through.

Part of the other problem of faction PvP is that often the case, people do not act like a faction. This is not a design flaw, this is a player flaw. If high level defenders would fight high level gankers it would be different. However since many people are content with doing their own thing, and not working as a team, its no wonder there are so many tears over the system. I have faith the people will grab a clue eventually. Yes open world PvP is fun. There are incentives for doing it. Its just going to take some time for people to wrap their brains around the system and actually become a community of PvPers instead of solitary players who happen to PvP occasionally. Until then, I agree. Those people shouldn't PvP. That being said, I do believe there should be a few more world maps where the different orders are doing battle. Right now Korea seems to be more focused on Arena matches however. So who knows if and when this will happen.

Open world pvp is hella fun. At low levels was camped a few times but now I can pretty much kill anyone at my level or near. If you die run back and get revenge. It's quite fun. Oh one thing I didn't like was being ganked by people wayyy higher level then me. A few times at lv 20 maps there were level 45's running around killing low levels which is a little lame but you can simply change your costume for the duration.

9 minutes ago, Mental said:

Open world pvp is hella fun. At low levels was camped a few times but now I can pretty much kill anyone at my level or near. If you die run back and get revenge. It's quite fun. Oh one thing I didn't like was being ganked by people wayyy higher level then me. A few times at lv 20 maps there were level 45's running around killing low levels which is a little lame but you can simply change your costume for the duration.

I agree with you and I dont usually do pvp in mmos because developers struggle with content but B&S is so different. I never had this much fun in years.

Tips to avoid being killed doing faction quests:

1. Seems obvious but always check around you before you put on your outfit.

2. Change channels to whichever one is least populated, usually whichever channel has the highest number has the least people in it.

3. Need to loot something for your faction quest? Kill the NPC's without your faction outfit on, check around you, put it on to loot the item, then immediately remove it again.

4. Need to kill a specific enemy for your faction quests? Once again, clear up to  it without your faction outfit on then only put it back on when you're ready to fight it.

5. While fighting pull things out of sight, preferably in an obscured corner.  Use all your abilities and burn it quickly, then immediately remove your faction outfit.

6. Skip quests that require killing players or NPC's too close to the other faction base like the one in moonwater.  I don't include the cinderlands one for this because it's pretty easy to kill the npc's and run.

7. Make sure you remove it before you afk.

8.  Don't be afraid to just afk in a safe corner if enemy faction members are around. 

9. If you see enemy faction members, try and remove your outfit immediately.  Plenty of times I spotted a group first and before they could get to me I removed my outfit and was perfectly safe.

I do most of the faction dailies each day following the above rules, I've managed to avoid being killed pretty much 100% of the time.  I only ever die to the other faction if I'm careless.  Play smart, play safe, and you're more likely to avoid being jumped.

On 1/22/2016 at 4:27 AM, ARC-1276 said:

First point: It was actually a joke. 

Second Point: I've had bad experience with open world PVP. Commonly, I found myself being ganked by a group of 2 or 3 guys. I also am not a fan of the random nature of the combat as you would literally just run up to someone and attack them without them ever realizing they're under attack until they're at 50% HP.

Even worse is if instead of them just taking a small squad, they preform the zerg's favorite tactic: The Zerg Rush. I came from a game where this form of fighting became so prevalent that PVP was reduced to "who had the better gear?"

As you can easily imagine, that kind of memory and stigma would leave someone in a state where Open World PVP is a joke.

I feel your ptsd (I am not being sarcastic), but the whole point of the open world pvp is to "simulate" the spontaneous guerrilla skirmish ganking unfair (yes, unfair) atmosphere when traveling/operating in contested areas between members of two WARRING FACTIONS:)

And regardless of that, this game takes a very, very, VERY mild version of open world pvp where a player is 100% in control - which they shouldn't be, if we are to be honest - and no, I don't say that because I like to be spawn-ganked for hours. The mechanics of owpvp in bns are literally 100% about the individual player's choice, which is extremely geared towards those who DON'T want to do it, especially for a game which simulates a breathing world with numerous player residents and no police.

There are games where players drop loot or simply - die. This is WAY on the other side of the spectrum. I can't fathom how even a notion of annoying owpvp can cross a mind of a player who doesn't want to participate in it - in blade and soul.

I like the OPVP a lot but its kinda sad seeing BM people running around shit talking.

I even felt bad for this one cerulean I killed without knowing they were afk (as I seen them walking a few moments before attacking) and ressed him then my faction members saw it and got on my ass about it and killed the poor guy.

Not only that but if a few lvl 4s are fighting in the pass near bamboo village some high lvls decided its fun to rain on their parade and shit talk them. Like c'mon man.

I can care less if you gank the noobies but dont treat them like crap cuz you one shot them. >>

2 hours ago, BestWaifu said:

I like the OPVP a lot but its kinda sad seeing BM people running around shit talking.

I even felt bad for this one cerulean I killed without knowing they were afk (as I seen them walking a few moments before attacking) and ressed him then my faction members saw it and got on my ass about it and killed the poor guy.

Not only that but if a few lvl 4s are fighting in the pass near bamboo village some high lvls decided its fun to rain on their parade and shit talk them. Like c'mon man.

I can care less if you gank the noobies but dont treat them like crap cuz you one shot them. >>

I hold a similar stance. There is a difference between in-game and "in-vivo" treatment and way too many people seem to not have sense about it.

In other words, I am not against ganking, it's practically your job - as in, in a basketball match, you should defend and attack and try to see your team through and not lose on purpose or refuse to play defense because you are "against overly masculine competition" or whatever, I mean, what are you doing on a basketball court in the first place then.

But continuing the process after the game or insisting that players - and not their avatars - are this and that, that's a bit pathological.

Just now, BestWaifu said:

I dont think you get what I said

I dont care if they gank people

But calling them stupid retarded and all kinds of wrong is the problem.

Now I am confused...

This

I dont care if they gank people

But calling them stupid retarded and all kinds of wrong is the problem.

is exactly how I understood it, hence my answer?

1 minute ago, ThatsSoWoW said:

I think they misunderstood what you said your wording is a bit confusing.

Probably:) But I can't tell why:)

I basically concurred that pvp is encouraged through the "lore", zone setups, dailies etc, but there's no need to carry it over to player abuse. I even gave a basketball example:)

10 hours ago, BestWaifu said:

If you ever see someone shit talking another for no reason, I suggest reporting them. I wonder though, do they even have a report button in this game?

13 hours ago, Khalith said:

Tips to avoid being killed doing faction quests:

1. Seems obvious but always check around you before you put on your outfit.

2. Change channels to whichever one is least populated, usually whichever channel has the highest number has the least people in it.

3. Need to loot something for your faction quest? Kill the NPC's without your faction outfit on, check around you, put it on to loot the item, then immediately remove it again.

4. Need to kill a specific enemy for your faction quests? Once again, clear up to  it without your faction outfit on then only put it back on when you're ready to fight it.

5. While fighting pull things out of sight, preferably in an obscured corner.  Use all your abilities and burn it quickly, then immediately remove your faction outfit.

6. Skip quests that require killing players or NPC's too close to the other faction base like the one in moonwater.  I don't include the cinderlands one for this because it's pretty easy to kill the npc's and run.

7. Make sure you remove it before you afk.

8.  Don't be afraid to just afk in a safe corner if enemy faction members are around. 

9. If you see enemy faction members, try and remove your outfit immediately.  Plenty of times I spotted a group first and before they could get to me I removed my outfit and was perfectly safe.

I do most of the faction dailies each day following the above rules, I've managed to avoid being killed pretty much 100% of the time.  I only ever die to the other faction if I'm careless.  Play smart, play safe, and you're more likely to avoid being jumped.

The carebears are real . Or you can always go plays sims . There is no PvP there

4 hours ago, MoonLoop said:

The carebears are real . Or you can always go plays sims . There is no PvP there

If leveling clans wasn't tied to the faction stuff, I would have already thrown the PVP outfit away and forgotten it existed.

13 hours ago, Khalith said:

If leveling clans wasn't tied to the faction stuff, I would have already thrown the PVP outfit away and forgotten it existed.

Well thank god it does cause other than that i dont see a point in PvP in this game so far .  Otherwise if it wasnt tied and there was zero point in pvp , the game would have 5 % of the people that play now . I believe this game has no future in the endgame part when all clans are full and don't need to PvP to level up .

Archived