Word of advice to playing Open World PVP:

ARC-1276

Do you mind if I ask, why?

I haven't yet downloaded the client but I have been waiting around for a game to come out similar to shaiya US, if you've ever played it, in regards to the open world pvp system.

What makes you say not not play the open world pvp? What were your issues with it?

5 minutes ago, seized said:

Do you mind if I ask, why?

I haven't yet downloaded the client but I have been waiting around for a game to come out similar to shaiya US, if you've ever played it, in regards to the open world pvp system.

What makes you say not not play the open world pvp? What were your issues with it?

Most likely he's boycotting the system because he's annoyed with being killed consistently, or he's sick of the bad players in the open world that threaten everyone. It's hard to say, but one thing is for sure here.

The open world PvP is excellent. The way they've got it working is wonderful. The chest, and head items do not give you any stat boosts, but they do affect whether or not you can PvP open world. So if you REALLY want to PvP open world, I say go for it. You'll get an insane rush out of it.

5 minutes ago, seized said:

So if you don't wear particular head & chest items, you cannot be attacked? Or you just can't attack back? If I read that correctly.

If you don;t wear your faction chest item, you can't attack others or be attacked. It's a neat system. All gear (weap, earring, ring, necklace) that you get is upgradeable to another level, so once you get it it's used all the way to end game.

First point: It was actually a joke. 

Second Point: I've had bad experience with open world PVP. Commonly, I found myself being ganked by a group of 2 or 3 guys. I also am not a fan of the random nature of the combat as you would literally just run up to someone and attack them without them ever realizing they're under attack until they're at 50% HP.

Even worse is if instead of them just taking a small squad, they preform the zerg's favorite tactic: The Zerg Rush. I came from a game where this form of fighting became so prevalent that PVP was reduced to "who had the better gear?"

As you can easily imagine, that kind of memory and stigma would leave someone in a state where Open World PVP is a joke.

Hmm the only issue i have with it is ex when u wanna talk to the npcs in the camps like the traders they can 1. be killed with quite a lengthy spawn time and 2 all faction memebrs around it regardless of who u side with are aggressive unless u have costume on. The PvP side I can see that usually one side dominates the other side like example, i was getting quest item for one of old man choa quest which u get from one of the traders in camps went dere a bunch of players were camping the spawn killing them over and over imagine if i were to put on my costume there,, (btw there was like 20 ppl at least) so i can see why it wouldent be fun if ur the only one around. Im not much into pvp although it interests me here but is there like some 1v1 arena? 

Though admittedly Open world PVP is a choice, my bad memories will prevent me from ever taking part in this pill of **** system. Oh and beating up on someone until they take off the outfit, that just disgusts me. It seems far too much like bullying to be fun.  Especially if they're just doing a faction quest and not even bothering with you. 

This sort of thing is what killed the previous game I played, and I will not ruin my experience with this game by taking part in this.

Ultimately, it was ruined by cowards who wouldn't fight fairly or attack people who don't want to fight. So instead, I shall have my PVP in a less cowardly manner.

Actually i like the open world PvP. It's easy to do: Just equip a faction gear. deifnitely one of the better solutions to open world PvP. Most games either have it turned completely off, or always on - that's just stupid.

Blade and Soul really has a great solution that allows you to play PvE whenever you want, but also allows you to enable PvP and have a little bit of constant paranoia when doing your quests.

I just haven't figured out yet whether one gets actually a reward for playing open world PvP - do you guys know if there is one?

3 hours ago, ARC-1276 said:

Second Point: I've had bad experience with open world PVP. Commonly, I found myself being ganked by a group of 2 or 3 guys. I also am not a fan of the random nature of the combat as you would literally just run up to someone and attack them without them ever realizing they're under attack until they're at 50% HP.

Even worse is if instead of them just taking a small squad, they preform the zerg's favorite tactic: The Zerg Rush. I came from a game where this form of fighting became so prevalent that PVP was reduced to "who had the better gear?"

As you can easily imagine, that kind of memory and stigma would leave someone in a state where Open World PVP is a joke.

I can relate to this as it happened to me today, too. While "Open World PVP" does sound fun and exciting, actually playing in that is kind of annoying. As soon as you get caught in the trap that is warring factions, you'll be stuck in that cycle(they'll kill you, then run to the place where you'll revive and kill you again) unless you revive without the uniform that you were wearing; which is lame because, what's the point of having them in the first place then, if you can't show it off? For it to take up my pathetic number of slots in my storage or inventory?

Maybe proposing an idea of having a check off box where we can disable fights from players and be able to fight the NPCs instead would be good... But yes, as in your other post, it does seem like bullying (going back to the whole ganking thing). There's a lot of snobby players or higher leveled players who'll just farm players for kills when all they want to do is wear the outfit for the style or getting tokens to acquire other outfits. I think my first time playing, I was turning in a quest with the Bamboo Guard outfit on and realized I was being attacked after my screen turned gray. "Boo hoo tough luck you should have known and you deserve it" though, amirite???

sry if my post is unorganized LOL but I agree that at least something should be changed about the way it works. I'm just glad there's outfits that look good and are "neutral".

The bottom line is this. Certain uniforms clearly say that wearing them opens you up to attack from the opposing faction. If you wear it, you are acknowledging the fact that you can and will get attacked. For quests where you have to wear the faction uniforms, you clearly know that you will be open for PVP, and it is fair as both sides are required to wear it. 

The system is great. It lets you choose to do open world PVP. It's an experience you choose to take part in. What they can implement is a PVP toggle button instead of the uniform change system. They can still keep the 5 second cast time to toggle off PVP, so that players who want to wear certain open world PVP uniforms can wear the look. However, doing so will break the cohesiveness/story of the game a little.

I am also disappointed in the world pvp, for a couple reasons.

1. The insane damage people are doing with hongmoon weapons, it is nothing like dueling.  Not sure if it's better at 45/50?  Add multiple people and its not even fun.

2. Spawn camping, when fighting at towns the first side to take over the spawn holds the area.  Unless the entire other faction coordinates and spawns naked, runs away and regroups, and comes back together as a team.  Usually what happens is one side zergs and controls the spawn in a 10 second fight and the other side takes off their uniforms and does something else, pvp is now over, boring.

So short lopsided zerg fights that very rarely escalate into fun pvp.

If I got into a 2 minute fight and people started showing up and jumping in the mix and when we die we start on separate sides of town maybe it could be fun?

I've been dissapointed in the world PvP. I find the occasional red during leveling, but most don't have their faction costume on, my friends and I took the least populated faction in the hope we would see more red than green, sadly, most are white names. I hope in the end-game there is zones where you must wear your faction outfit or a zone where PvP is enabled at all times with or without the outfit. So far this game has been all about PvE... and some arena. With such a fun combat system, it would be a waste not to create world PvP or atleast something bigger than 1v1 or 3v3 tag match.

Personally, I love to be ganked, the rush and adrenaline of revenge, would love to see way more world PvP. I have no problem with the spawncamping, I just respawn without my outfit, go a little bit further, equip it, come back and gank those that spawnkilled me, however, I will never spawnkill and always give those I killed the time to load in and run around/attack me again.

If zerging/unexpected elements are a thing in BnS, I wouldn't be surprised. I'm only just beginning tonight, but I played on chinese/RUS servers but not to cap. I did my little bit of ganking/etc. But I come from Aion, where open world implies zerging and unintended elements. I love that... Probably will love it here too. This is coming from someone who prefers to solo, as well.

As an assassin I've won a number of 2v1's and 3v1's. But Pvp isn't for everybody. Simple solution. If you don't want to get ganked by people higher level then you. ( it's gonna happen, you can't see what level someone is before attacking, unless you inspect them. But then if you do that chances are your dead.) or Just kill them and be on your way. While higher levels definitely have an advantage. Sometimes you can over come it. ( I've killed players up to 6-7 levels higher then me. With good CC and surprise. Almost dropped 1 or 2 that had 10 levels on me. ) Don't wear your Pvp clothing ! I am a pvper by heart so. Random world pvp is awesome. No need to get Salty if you die. just respawn and go again, Or switch outfits and do your quests. And you'd be surprised how many people you can just walk past In pvp clothing. or How many will Resurrect you.  Many times. If I kill you and you don't Respawn immediately I'll Resurrect you and go on my way, But If you attack me after you came back. I'll just drop you again. =P

You people really need to stop whining =.=", at a low level, yes you all respawn on the same spot if u die. But worry not, at higher level, like 30+ for ex, there will be respawn camp for each side, and you will be respawn at the "top of the camp" which is pretty high that ppl on the other side wouldn't be able to fly up there. So you can regroup, or take ur pvp gear off while u r up there. 

Don't make faction membership mandatory to advance the game,why is it even?  Why am i forced to even make the choice (which often is not even a choice if one is full) if i don't have to take part in the Blue Boobies vs. the Scarlet Simpletons to play the game?

On 1/22/2016 at 10:27 PM, ARC-1276 said:

sounds like elsword...

1 hour ago, supernoob said:

You people really need to stop whining =.=", at a low level, yes you all respawn on the same spot if u die. But worry not, at higher level, like 30+ for ex, there will be respawn camp for each side, and you will be respawn at the "top of the camp" which is pretty high that ppl on the other side wouldn't be able to fly up there. So you can regroup, or take ur pvp gear off while u r up there. 

i can barely get up there if i dont die

Archived