Loot Auction System: Making Gold Sellers Rich one Day at a time

LordLokai

I realize has probably been posts on this but for me, seeing that is no traditional " roll " option, but instead an " auction " system  was a bit baffling to me... for many reasons but this entire system, promotes gold selling. You heard me right it PROMOTES buying gold. Why? only sure fire way to win a weapon or item you want is to OUT bid the other guy, which means those that have the most in game gold get the gear. Those who don't end up getting a bit of cash as compensation but its hardly a real compensation at all...

This whole system promotes " the rich get richer " mentality, where the rich get all the gear, and the poor folks ie those who arent going to grind to make cash or dont do professions are kind of stuck. They will never win gear, and trolls have the luxury of forcing a bid war just so they get some cash or better yet win the item so they can " sell " it for even more cash. I don't mind that system exists... but i really REALLY super hope that a tried and true roll system is implemented for the west. As it stands i won't be doing any dungeons with Pugs... i cant trust people i dont know with that sort of loot system.

As someone that enjoys PvE and dungeons this system is probably going to chase me away from the game in the end. No matter how good your game is, if gear is only available to those that have all the gold... that sort of kills it for those who dont spend 24/7 playing to make all the cash. This in turn promotes people to buy gold from third party sources in order to compete with people and will create a vicious cycle...

Not a fan of this and will rank at top of my " reasons i quit blade and soul " list...

Just now, Melnar said:

i personally enjoy it way better than losing dice rolls on items over and over least if upbid lose on item end up with some coin

lol, you haven't been in one of the bid things yet, have you? Yea, it's SOOOOO fair and balanced *rolls eyes*

This is the best looting system i have seen in a MMO hands down, i have no idea why are you complaining.

Lets say an item is worth ~30 silver.

there are 6 players in a party. The one that wins the bid pays the rest.

That means each player would get 6 Silver.

in 5 Runs, if you wanted that item you can have it 100% because you can bid till you reach that 30 silver and probably noone will outbid you, if they do, you get extra silver and the next round u have 6 more silver to outbid anyone.

In so many MMOs you have to run hundreds of dungeons to get what you need and this one is doing a perfect loot system and your complain.

Jesus Christ, some of you could use some Johnsons Baby shampoo, the No More Tears one.

Archived