WTFast Bannable?

oYinYang

I've seen a couple of people being banned for using WTFast, and I was wondering why, and how does WTFast lead you to a ban. Also, the latency in Australia/OCE is horrendous when it comes to NA, so I was wondering could anyone answer these questions, and any tips on reducing the ping.

yes you'll be banned for using WTFast. best to not use any routing software until the issue is fixed.

it's something to do with either gameguard, or their servers detecting your account logging on from a bunch of different IPs (WTFast uses VPN)

48 minutes ago, Yaviey said:

Hey oYinYang,

It's not a banable offense but sometimes using a service like that trips our sensors. We ask people who have been banned from using it legitimately to contact support and they can unban people.

Will you be able to fix this issue and permit players to use WTFast and other latency reducers?

1 hour ago, Yaviey said:

Hey oYinYang,

It's not a banable offense but sometimes using a service like that trips our sensors. We ask people who have been banned from using it legitimately to contact support and they can unban people.

30 minutes ago, oYinYang said:

Will you be able to fix this issue and permit players to use WTFast and other latency reducers?

Could you please look into it for us. There are no servers close to the Oceania region (Australia & NZ) and we may not have incredible player numbers like NA but there are people here that do play the game and it can be almost unplayable in terms of basic combat! Hope you guys look into it soon and hang in there! A lot of haters/complaining, they have no idea what its like on your side.

1 minute ago, Laminis said:

Could you please look into it for us. There are no servers close to the Oceania region (Australia & NZ) and we may not have incredible player numbers like NA but there are people here that do play the game and it can be almost unplayable in terms of basic combat! Hope you guys look into it soon and hang in there! A lot of haters/complaining, they have no idea what its like on your side.

Players should be able to use those services. We're perfecting our internal system that detects bots as well so there may still be some accidental bans for legitimate uses of these programs but we'll try to get everyone sorted as soon as possible. We're still looking at other servers too and will keep the player base updated. Thanks for your support and understanding during this crazy time. We are doing everything we can to make people happy and playing Blade & Soul. :)

Just now, Yaviey said:

Players should be able to use those services. We're perfecting our internal system that detects bots as well so there may still be some accidental bans for legitimate uses of these programs but we'll try to get everyone sorted as soon as possible. We're still looking at other servers too and will keep the player base updated. Thanks for your support and understanding during this crazy time. We are doing everything we can to make people happy and playing Blade & Soul. :)

are you saying that their will be servers for Oceanic to help with ping? I am legit praying to what ever i can to make this possible. I love the game yet my ping is high because im in Australia and combat/pvp just doesnt work well for us considering our attacks take so long. I was legit waiting in the queue to log in and use WTFast to see if that helps but i guess now I cant.

1 minute ago, Vyrenz said:

are you saying that their will be servers for Oceanic to help with ping? I am legit praying to what ever i can to make this possible. I love the game yet my ping is high because im in Australia and combat/pvp just doesnt work well for us considering our attacks take so long. I was legit waiting in the queue to log in and use WTFast to see if that helps but i guess now I cant.

Sadly I did not say that at all. We are looking into many options but nothing has been decided as of yet. :(

I find it interesting that people using latency software seem to get their behind banned faster than we can blink. Yet the starting areas on multiple servers run rampant with gold sellers and bots. Maybe it is time to adjust the sensors?

I hope they fix it fast.

Because at the moment i am not able to play the game without WTFast or any other VPN because of my ISP (EU - Germany here ).

Without i i get insane lag spike with the game stopping for like 1-5sek and then all is going super fast , the typical laggs that telecom has when some of the level 3 hops to the game server are overloadet.

12 hours ago, Yaviey said:

Yaviey - this is Rob, the CEO of WTFast, our support team at WTFast would love to chat with NCSoft to make sure that WTfast works nicely with your security systems.  We are already making adjustments on our own after seeing these issues, but if we can chat maybe we can adjust things to make sure that something like this doesn't happen again.  Our solution offers a lot of customization so we should be able to come up with something that works.  Feel free to PM me and we can set up a call.

• 1 month later...

It's disappointing that there are so many posts about this issue yet there appears to be no action taken from NCSoft.

Customers are provided with a service that is not a good experience for Oceanic Gamers, especially for a game that in most cases customers have paid for with the release of premium packs prior to the games release. Knowing that Blade & Soul has been released in stages internationally, incurring hype for a English version to be realeased, after much anticipation, we finally receive what we have been promised. However have found latency issues to prevent us from enjoying our Blade & Soul experience, I can personally count a handful of friends who use WTFast to make their experience somewhat playable and have been banned with the following response provided to them by NCSoft and I quote; 

"Offense: 3rd party program; Penalty:Account Closure. We have reviewed the above action and found it and the associated penalty to be consistent with our policies. We ask that you review our terms and rules of conduct, which are available here: http://us.ncsoft.com/en/legal/user-agreements/. This action against the account will not be removed and the penalty will stand. Hey there - wanted to clarify. We don't ban people for using VPN or WTFast. We don't support those products, so we can't provide tech help with them. If you are ever banned and feel it was incorrect, contact our support team to appeal."

After appealing this the following response was received and I quote;

"Hello,

We apologize for the inconvenience that this is cause you.

We regret to inform you but as previously stated, the account has been permanently closed for violations of the User Agreement. This account will no longer be accessible and can never be reactivated. We are unable to provide you with any more detailed information regarding our detection methods. By displaying the information we have collected and sharing this with you, we would be supplying you with data that could be used in the future to avoid our methods of identification and detection.

At this time, I must also respectfully inform you that any additional appeals or inquiries regarding the action taken on the account will receive this same response."

The issue of WTFast being used with Blade & Soul is that it has been confirmed by NCSoft personal that this program is allowed to be used in conjunction. However, it was advised that if a ban was given to contact NCSoft Support and the ban will be reviewed and if found to be legitimate the ban will be lifted. Current actions by NCSoft Personal (above statements) does not flow with the posts (as above) given by NCSoft regarding the matter.

This entitles a false statement by NCSoft which is therefore a matter which can be taken further.

Archived