NC: Holding our inventory slots hostage??

Nikirii

So I understand that supporting the game by buying from the cash shop and/or buying premium will help them pay their people, buy new/larger servers, etc., but something bugs me.

I was looking at my old Hongmoon outfit and was wondering if I could get rid os it. Couldn't salvage it? Okay, well I'll vendor it......

.......can't do that either.

Someone tells me to just put it in wardrobe. Fantastic idea! So I press F3, drag the outfit to the wardrobe window, and get:

"This feature is for premium only, outfit cannot be stored"

Are you fking KIDDING me???

So as I venture out into the game world of BnS, I will collect more and more outfits. And, as a result, I will slowly but surely have fewer and fewer storage slots in my inventory to manage the stuff I pick up for quests, upgrading, etc.

So seems to me NCSoft has decided to slowly wage a battle of attrition on its players to force them into premium membership in order to negate the long term effect of prolonged play over the course of the game.

While I am one to peruse the cash shop of many an online game in an effort to support the games I am or become fond of, the premise of "holing inventory hostage" just irks me a little.

Am I overthinking this? Any thoughts/opinions from fellow players?

At least we can expand our inventory with ingame currency. SWTOR, you have to pay real money for it (and dont gimme crap about it being on the ah, the damn thing cost more than your credit cap as f2p).

Just now, Vod said:

At least we can expand our inventory with ingame currency. SWTOR, you have to pay real money for it (and dont gimme crap about it being on the ah, the damn thing cost more than your credit cap as f2p).

Yea Bioware lost me after both that, and when my smuggler got literally stuck inside the Captain's chair of his ship after a space mission, and customer support wouldn't handle the situation.

6 minutes ago, dmoe33 said:

Ummm Nexon? u mean NC no?

Yes, sorry, I mean NC

• Hime locked and unlocked this topic

I am hoping NC will have the wardrobe available to all not just for the premium members.  I looked at the NC shop and there were outfits that I would have love to purchase but restrained from it since I know I would have an issue with the limited amount of the inventory spaces.  Not sure why they went with the wardrobe to be part of the premium, but I think if it is free, more players will buy outfits from the cash shop.  Until the wardrobe is free,  I am not buying any seasonal outfits or anything that would take up the inventory spaces.

• NCSOFT

Hi,

Almost all the costumes in the game can be sold or destroyed. I believe it's only the Hongmoon Uniform and a handful of Faction outfits that can't be.

To avoid taking up inventory space, you can store these in your vault (the second tab of which is very cheap to expand).

Hope that helps!

7 hours ago, Vod said:

I would not compare f2p in these 2 games - at least in SWTOR your premium is forever once obtained (same 5 dollars and you can buy inventory slots for ingame money, not to mention other benefits - a lot of them and all permanent), while here http://www.bladeandsoul.com/uk/news/premium-membership/  

Once your Premium Membership runs out, you’ll no longer have access to the benefits of the service

I know I can put away the outfits in the bank.  However, what I have noticed in Taiwanese BnS, the bank spaces will fill up quickly with the crafting mats.  I am one of those people who would like to collect all available outfits. 

So when premium runs out and we have majority of our outfits in wardrobe (as some like profane jiangshi outfit cannot be stored) is it gonna be a case of we can take them out but cant put back in or will they all just appear in our inventory?  Honestly dont know why its locked behind premium when every other region has it free and does just fine. 

This isn't a big problem. Big problem is if they f*ck up the game, so they can take your money. So chill and buy premium or keep only the costumes you like the most. Also the bank is pretty big. This game so far is really f2p, not like other "fp2" games out there, where you can play the game but if you don't pay you are scr**d.

There has been an ongoing trend about greed in gaming. Weather it be incomplete games on release and charging for exorbitant prices for DLCs, etc, in single player games. Or restricting a normal functioning feature of an online game for extra cash. One could make an argument about its necessity to generate revenue, which is a perfectly valid point.

This just doesn't hold water in this case. Many fans including myself have been following B&S since 2011. Many of us have tried other versions of this game while waiting for a western release. While it may seem like a fair comparison, to forgive a feature of this mmo because it looks more palpable than 'insert random mmo here'. It's dishonest to not compare it with its own version of game in different countries. Specially if one of those models employ 'free to play'.

How do you justify wardrobe restriction when (I presume if you have played this game before, would know) you can get tons of costumes, in normal questing, world boss essence box and dungeon drops ? Inventory and bank slots fill up quickly as well with crafting, etc. In B&S Taiwan, while having the same free to play model has not restricted.. pretty much anything. How do they generate revenue then ?

The population in western scene is so much that you do not need to employ this disreputable model. I humbly suggest trying a different method of generating revenue. Thinking from a game's perspective rather than a business commodity. In both the paid and free version, the wardrobe was unrestricted because of the amount of costumes, and how easily they were accessible. I would rather this be an nonrestrictive game via subscription than what you have now.

The amount of players playing would also be a valid reason to entirely dismiss my plea. I was very happy to play this game in Japan before they banned non-native players, and then in Taiwan. That trend will end with the latter. I wouldn't have minded this practice 4 years ago, but its 2016 now and I know better. No matter which game it is, I refuse to give it patronage if they are this capitalistic.

1 hour ago, Hidaru said:

So when premium runs out and we have majority of our outfits in wardrobe (as some like profane jiangshi outfit cannot be stored) is it gonna be a case of we can take them out but cant put back in or will they all just appear in our inventory?  Honestly dont know why its locked behind premium when every other region has it free and does just fine. 

When your premium ends, your outfits will stay in the wardrobe... you'll be able to withdrawal them, but not put them back in.

so much butthurt. Everything in this game is possible to get with in-game currency. the Wardrobe is the only thing you can't get. F2P players thinking they can have everything for free. don't try to compare it to asian servers, KR to be exact becouse thats where we get our content from where you PAY to PLAY.

To be completely honest i have played mmorpg's for the past 15 years i think, and i would so much prefer to pay to play and have access to everything in game (simple basics like bag space and freedom of character creation) instead of pumping more and more cash to unlock bag space inventory costumes etc. The biggest pain i see here is bag space - u need several thousand coins to unlock it all - and we only talk about a single character, second thing is the amount of characters you can create ;/ 2?? really? even though it is a f2p game i don't mind getting a costume (that's an extra) but basic stuff like character space and fully opened bags should be a given. I have played not even a week and i was already FORCED to expand the bags warehouse etc just to cope with the amount of stuff i need for crafting etc, and i love to have alts sadly only 1 unless i PAY AGAIN for character slot and PAY AGAIN to unlock bags there. Basically not even counting if i would like to play this game longer and get all characters (altoholic i admit it i want to have every profession and stuff) it equals to what?? a thousand pounds? which basically equals to what 5-6 YEARS of playing pay to play game? doubt i will spend it on BnS even though i really like it and would love to play it longer and i i'm playing wow for past 10 years. But i REFUSE to be FORCED to pay for basics. And i do not think i am the only one. 

in-game currency so far not working for bags and character slots - so no not everything can be bought for it.

11 hours ago, Nikirii said:

I was looking at my old Hongmoon outfit and was wondering if I could get rid os it. Couldn't salvage it? Okay, well I'll vendor it......

.......can't do that either.

you can discard it ;) just thrown out from your inventory

Archived