AFK timer makes it worse.

839031_1452550100

I'm not sure exactly how long the AFK timer is...but imo this makes it worse, especially with how inaccurate the estimated wait time is.

I logged in this morning, it said I had a two and a half hour wait. So I went to grab something to eat and came back about 2 hours later. It had moved thru the wait faster than anticipated, logged me in, and AFK'd me out.

This system makes it so we cant just let the timer sit....we have to basically be somewhere near our computer at all times now......

So now I am back in line, sitting at about 4k......and if I leave my computer I better be ready to start the process all over because I'll be AFK'd out....

I am REALLY enjoying your game so far guys. Good work...this isn't a bash threat or anything. It just seems that this AFK system is only beneficial to those who plan on sitting at their computer for 5+  hours staring at a character screen :P.

• NCSOFT
2 minutes ago, Eckin said:

The main issue with the AFK timer hotfix is that they didn't do a server restart after implementing it (and its client-side) so anyone who was already AFK in-game is still there taking a spot.

Thanks NCSoft.

Downtime will be coming when the new servers are soon implemented. Hang tight for more information about the servers coming soon.

2 minutes ago, Eckin said:

The main issue with the AFK timer hotfix is that they didn't do a server restart after implementing it (and its client-side) so anyone who was already AFK in-game is still there taking a spot.

Thanks NCSoft.

Since they literally restarted the servers when this was implemented, I'm really not sure what you mean here.

People complain about everything. Complain for AFK timer because wait times are to long so they give you one then complain wait times are shorter than expected. Keep in mind that the timer is a estimate and in no way a true tell of when you will get in because they have no really way of knowing when the people playing will decide they had enough and log off.

Well, if I ran servers and had them all at max capacity I'd be kinda scared to shut them down and have 50 thousand people all trying to get back on at once. Would probably cause more issues. It'll get better guys. Just have patience.  

Just now, Aineko said:

Well, if I ran servers and had them all at max capacity I'd be kinda scared to shut them down and have 50 thousand people all trying to get back on at once. Would probably cause more issues. It'll get better guys. Just have patience.  

Probably so...but I really only responded to give a thumbs up to the Accelerando reference. =)

13 minutes ago, bibbis said:

Since they literally restarted the servers when this was implemented, I'm really not sure what you mean here.

they DID NOT restart the servers at all since 4 days ago when the headstart launched. I know this because some streamers (pewdiepie included) are running a much earlier version of the game. I watched pewdie afk for almost an hour via twitch today. 

I would've said that they should reduce the AFK timer to 15 minutes.

But then I realized that this gets problematic due to the queue priority for premiums, getting on again after they 30 or minutes break from the game, pushing everyone else back again. 

17 minutes ago, Rukkirii said:

Downtime will be coming when the new servers are soon implemented. Hang tight for more information about the servers coming soon.

Why not a quick restart tonight at low play times instead of 2 day into the future? This whole thing seems like a scam considering this is the only client sided afk timer in mmo history. more and more punishment to free players and forcing people to sub is going to have an extremely negative impact on this game's reviews and playerbase.

5 minutes ago, kingvallard said:

they DID NOT restart the servers at all since 4 days ago when the headstart launched. I know this because some streamers (pewdiepie included) are running a much earlier version of the game. I watched pewdie afk for almost an hour via twitch today. 

Yesterday (ca. 24 hours ago) I was AFK in the game for many, many hours, waiting for my friend to connect.

He had long queues, mixed with connection issues that forced him to re-queue several times.

After many hours, there was finally an update that fixed his issues and he could finally connect.

When that update hit, the server was announcing that it would be shut down.

It did shut down, and I was disconnected, and had to restart the game and login again.

Just now, Hypatios said:

Oh no thanks lol, Skyforge weekly cap crap put up with that for 6 months lol. 

man It was so bad, but that's what happens when you have little to no content and want to slow players down from burning trough it. 

didn't do much on Old Man Cho. I logged in @ 10 this morning, and I'm still at #521 out of 4648. it was 3k when i logged in initially...once i hit 600 the number slowed down IMMENSELY. the last few hours have been a crawl from the 680's down to the number I'm at now. I think the server threshold was literally hit, and people are just playing the game. I may not get in to my server tonight, literally.

Archived