Arena PVP is broken with Force Master

Smartly

So this game uses a player targeting system instead of tab target.  The force master can glue your feet to the ground with and ice blast of some sort then run behind you and hit you.  As an assassin you can't target the enemy and use any of your skills.  This is broken.  So I have two choices.  Option 1 re-roll force master and take advantage of this glaring problem until it gets fixed (if it ever gets fixed). Option 2 cut my losses and find a new pvp game.

Bottom line its a n easy win in pvp arena as a force master.  The way to win is to use the ice blast, freeze the enemy to the ground, run behind them and blast away.  Rinse and repeat until the match is over.  You can't be targeted.  No skills can be used against you.  Its an easy win, with no chance for the other guy.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Idk about assassins but SS usually gets out of the ice root. Don't open matches by running straight at them (if you do that is) and time your teleport stun thingies for their snares. Also you can try making use of your purple thing that you can return to so that you can get out of harm (of course force the fight on the opposite side of your totem). Forcemasters aren't actually op at all. A fair amount get stomped (at least from what I read in arena) actually. Just take some time to learn how to counter them. Try looking up Supa Hot Vile assassin guides as well. I think they might help.

I will check to see if SS works to get out of this, and then punt the game to the corner if it does not.  Building a game with a FPS based targeting system, and then rooting a player so he cannot target anything is a sure fire way to frustrate the entire player base.

Sounds like someone is PvPing without max level (aka all the abilities to escape their CC). Other than that we are playing a really old patch thats missing alot of balance changes. That said there has never been a patch where force master was the #1 best in PvP. Assassin is a pretty even matchup against force master too.

I am playing arena at level 22.  You really think I should go to end game to find out if I can escape a root?  What if I can't?  I just wasted several days of my time.  Anyone have the real answer?    I won 2 out of 4 matches.  I won the first two. The last 2 were against 2 different force masters using the same technique.  Root with ice, then run behind.  I realized at that point its a real thing, more than one person has figured out the flaw.

Oh also I forgot to mention this (because I thought this was silly too until I learned it) is that you can hold down your scrolling wheel on your mouse and move to change your camera so you can see where they went. The camera view is one of the reasons people always move around so much as well as jump (i.e. when I'm spinning as a Destroyer vs a forcemaster, ill spin my camera as im in the air then ss to jump right beside them then cc them).

i play assasin , and i can say FM is the only easy class to beat for us , learn your skills then start crying about pvp , u can easily get out of their root with ss - f -f, counter- combo.

srsly i didn't expect a post about FM being OP lol, the OP class is that damn summoner.

you should had play archeage ,... trip stun , root, bubble , slow, freeze,P2W gear (which is the worst skill)  :D

come on ... for sure there are some disadvantages in your class but you have some advantages as well.

Needs brain and tactics when you are going for PvP. For now i wouldn't suggest you to go so low lvl in arenas. You need to master it a bit and the good skills always comes in to the end game

9 minutes ago, Cashz said:

i play assasin , and i can say FM is the only easy class to beat for us , learn your skills then start crying about pvp , u can easily get out of their root with ss - f -f, counter- combo.

srsly i didn't expect a post about FM being OP lol, the OP class is that damn summoner.

Funny that I see summoner OP post when it's the only class to never make it to a tournament on korean servers :p

When assassin's complain about other classes I lol every time. Everyone knows assassins are too strong right now with the amount of cc AND damage output while in stealth the entire fight. Anyways on a side note, ss breaks their slows. You should beat a force master, every time. 

1 hour ago, Ncyde said:

When assassin's complain about other classes I lol every time. Everyone knows assassins are too strong right now with the amount of cc AND damage output while in stealth the entire fight. Anyways on a side note, ss breaks their slows. You should beat a force master, every time. 

Ummm...

Destro,LBD, and summoner make an assassin have a bad time.

So many people say Sins are op but they never actually play them lol every class is op and every class sucks. More so Summoners....they suck. But you can prepare yourself by changing your skill points each fight to better suit the match up. Low lvl pvp is terrible because, more likely, you will fight someone much higher level (with skill point advantage) than you but you still have a chance to beat them if they're mediocre players. Now if they're good players then that's problematic. On the op I say experiment with sparring against force masters to see which abilities you can use when your in cc. There's quite a few. Just focus on leveling up first that way you get the skill points to perform the actions you want to perform smoothly.

Our patch version is still unbalanced due to how low our hp is right now. and some class needs legendary skills to be effective. I played Sin on my lv44 assassin i have no problem facing FM unless they are really good ones. your just too low level.

lol ppl should stop crying about pvp if they are clueless and are playing only 3 days or so.

and ppl should stop crying about balancing if they didnt even got to max lvl.

And y FM freeze is removed by just pressing "ss"

And its even possible to get easy Gold with some Classes at low lvl.

Got Gold with a lvl 22 sin and won against 3 FM that i met omw to gold (9wins 1 loose) and one of those FM was lvl 45 :D

u just have to know what skills u need against certain classes, like smoke screen against FM to resist their range atacks if u stand in (but care they can grab u out of it)

1 hour ago, TakunDes said:

Our patch version is still unbalanced due to how low our hp is right now. and some class needs legendary skills to be effective. I played Sin on my lv44 assassin i have no problem facing FM unless they are really good ones. your just too low level.

HP pool actually is fixed btw :D

As an Assassin, Force Masters should be food most of the time.

I'll preface everything by saying that you should probably cap before even attempting PvP. Let's be real, the game isn't balanced around a level 22 Assassin trying to beat a level 45 Force Master, so cap first, learn all of your skills and what they do and then hop into arena. In our current patch Force Master is probably one of the most limited classes and you have all the tools to destroy them.

Your Smoke Bomb stops all of their projectiles (read: 80% of their kit). For a skill that's on a 24 second cooldown, that's no joke. You can walk up to them and stealth RB > F their health away while really all they can do is desperately mash their 1 to try and hit you, and with good positioning you should be able to loop stealth RB > F quite a few times before they manage to get you. Throwing Mine and Choke Bomb will eat away at their health and if push comes to shove you always got Decoy to get you out of tricky situations.

If they freeze you, SS out (8 seconds cooldown, come on). If it's on CD you can always just use Decoy or Smoke Bomb and take it easy (though they might try running up to you and 1 you out of Smoke Bomb, so watch it). Also when they have some little green fireflies going around them, they can't be hit by projectiles, so just take it easy and wait it out before going with things like your Tab place switch or your stealth X dagger throw.

If they have a blue orb going around them, every time you hit them you will get a chill stack. With stealth you can pretty much just wait it out from a distance (and harass with your ranged tools) or go in for your RB > F loops then SS away. Their main way of getting that orb is Ice Beam, but you can just use Decoy to counter it and they have that on a whopping 36 second cooldown.

Don't try to animation cancel combo them, they have two escapes and a lot of ways to delay it. Just chip away at their health and in no time they'll drop dead. As a final tip, your 1 skill (and your Lotus Dance/C) will not work if you're chilled, so keep that in mind.

So many clueless people here.

FM is one of the easiest matchups for sin.

Summ is currently one of the hardest, if not the hardest for sin due to not having 50+10 in this patch as we should have and no legendary skills, this is also why summ is a lot stronger than any other class except destro.

Do u think it's a coincidence that only summs go 50-1 ranked atm? on windrest i've seen like 6 plat ppl out of which 4 were Summs (and this is coming from a sin who's almost plat)

15 hours ago, Smartly said:

So this game uses a player targeting system instead of tab target.  The force master can glue your feet to the ground with and ice blast of some sort then run behind you and hit you.  As an assassin you can't target the enemy and use any of your skills.  This is broken.  So I have two choices.  Option 1 re-roll force master and take advantage of this glaring problem until it gets fixed (if it ever gets fixed). Option 2 cut my losses and find a new pvp game.

Bottom line its a n easy win in pvp arena as a force master.  The way to win is to use the ice blast, freeze the enemy to the ground, run behind them and blast away.  Rinse and repeat until the match is over.  You can't be targeted.  No skills can be used against you.  Its an easy win, with no chance for the other guy.

Dude,you're just a new player,you can't expect to win every single match you play. Yes,FMs are hard to play against as an Assassin,but definitely not impossible to beat,they wouldn't make a class that roots you in place without giving you a way to get out of it...
You should keep leveling up,get more skill points then try arena pvp since you're a new player and you haven't played on foreign servers you're less experienced.

i read somewhere that low level pvp is not meant to be "balanced" because different classed unlock different skill at different levels, so maybe some class that need some crucial CC to survive the PvE, will unlock it before. meanwhile a class that can have a crucial anti CC for PvP woul unlock it later when PvP will be more important than PvE.

i leveled up to 45 before even thinking about PvP. because it is obvious that a skill tree based on level won't give me all at once.

be smart

Archived