Forums

Arena PVP is broken with Force Master

Smartly

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/20/2016 at 6:23 PM, Smartly said:

I am playing arena at level 22.  You really think I should go to end game to find out if I can escape a root?  What if I can't?  I just wasted several days of my time.  Anyone have the real answer?    I won 2 out of 4 matches.  I won the first two. The last 2 were against 2 different force masters using the same technique.  Root with ice, then run behind.  I realized at that point its a real thing, more than one person has figured out the flaw.

match up experince bro thats all i can offer

• 2 weeks later...

Wait? FM OP?!!! Yea, no that's a lie, I play FM and I can tell you facing anyone the can basically deflect your range attacks to stun you, go invisible, or can teleport you have an advantage. When I verse Destroyer, BM, Sin, and BM I have to play finesse and perfectly time everything. Against another FM its all about shield management and anti CC management, against KFM just stay in their face so they can't uppercut you and summoner is always a 50/50 fight, but I can tell you FM is not OP if you are good, now if you suck and don't choose the correct abilities then yes you will get beat. Play good lvl 45's that know how to counter FM and you will see what I mean. Everything to me in PVP is balance to a certain extent if you can counter them and know when they are out of energy 

On 1/20/2016 at 7:31 AM, Roxx said:

FM is considerd the harder matchups for sins but it is always possible to beat ur counter class in BnS

just l2p and adept ur build against each class and try to learn enemies mechanics too

LOL not even with triple digit ping is this true

Level 22, played 4 arena games and has determined that PvP (and in particular FM) is broken.

For more valuable thoughts on the game from the OP, please visit his other hit threads:

'Blade & Soul Dead in 18 months' 

and 'Leaving Blade & Soul please forward this to the Dev team'

Thanks for your valued input Smartly. I'm sure the devs will be reading and taking heed of your wise words. 

As a FM Assassin is 1 of the hardest match ups. If you lose to a FM as an Assassin you're not playing your class right so many times assassin's keep me stun locked the entire match to a point where the match actually runs outta time and then win simply because the CC me and run around the arena stealth opposite of me, slowly draining my health. I'm not complaining though just giving examples of what happens to me sometimes in the arena.

Those posts are getting right now so Stupid Annoying. Ppl which are below lv 45 complain classes all the time. Even lv 45 classes still miss alot of important skill points/skill..... Stop complain already and lv up to 45 and find out how to counter those class which are hard to you. !!!!!! Im so tried to see those posts pop up to the forum all the time

On 1/20/2016 at 3:40 PM, TheEllimist said:

Even back at 45 cap in Korea it was same thing.

Ironically, that's not the case in NA. Summoners are pretty much consistently ranking top in recent tournies.

Not that that's a great indicator anyways since most of reasoning is just because the players are just that good. I've seen some play alts and get to Platinum and Diamond pretty handily. I'm sure if they let you look at the distribution of classes in mid to upper tier ranks, Summoners will probably be one of the highest.

3 hours ago, Fuzaki said:

Ironically, that's not the case in NA. Summoners are pretty much consistently ranking top in recent tournies.

Not that that's a great indicator anyways since most of reasoning is just because the players are just that good. I've seen some play alts and get to Platinum and Diamond pretty handily. I'm sure if they let you look at the distribution of classes in mid to upper tier ranks, Summoners will probably be one of the highest.

Games like a month old though. The top classes are just those that are easiest to play (summ/dest). Doesn't mean the class is actually top tier.

On 2/9/2016 at 2:09 PM, TheEllimist said:

Games like a month old though. The top classes are just those that are easiest to play (summ/dest). Doesn't mean the class is actually top tier.

A lot of the top players right now have been playing the game for quite a while (on other regions) and there seems to be a slight "advantage" for summoners in terms of population in rankings. It's my point that since desto and summ are so easy to play, you'll see a lot of them in gold+ since it's much easier for them to get there. Summoners aren't doing bad in top rankings either. An actual good summoner is even more deadly and difficult to play against.

I'm not sure now (recent patch), but it seems that Summoners got a buff.

On 20/01/2016 at 11:23 PM, Smartly said:

I am playing arena at level 22.  You really think I should go to end game to find out if I can escape a root?  What if I can't?  I just wasted several days of my time.  Anyone have the real answer?    I won 2 out of 4 matches.  I won the first two. The last 2 were against 2 different force masters using the same technique.  Root with ice, then run behind.  I realized at that point its a real thing, more than one person has figured out the flaw.

I read this and im moving to the next topic.

• 2 weeks later...

im sort of new to pvp im 45 though and a scrub gold but today i came up agains a FM that i counter and i got stealth i still could not move or turn my screen at all , is that supposed to work like that or is it a "Bug"  and!!! evry time this happened i could use my tab and it didnt go on CD , even so using my tab coming out of stealth im still stuck and cant move or turn to face the FM , im not pro or very technical but that to me seems to not work as intendeed

On 1/20/2016 at 4:05 PM, Smartly said:

So this game uses a player targeting system instead of tab target.  The force master can glue your feet to the ground with and ice blast of some sort then run behind you and hit you.  As an assassin you can't target the enemy and use any of your skills.  This is broken.  So I have two choices.  Option 1 re-roll force master and take advantage of this glaring problem until it gets fixed (if it ever gets fixed). Option 2 cut my losses and find a new pvp game.

Bottom line its a n easy win in pvp arena as a force master.  The way to win is to use the ice blast, freeze the enemy to the ground, run behind them and blast away.  Rinse and repeat until the match is over.  You can't be targeted.  No skills can be used against you.  Its an easy win, with no chance for the other guy.

Option 3, learn to play? Smoke bomb will reduce incoming projectile damage, you can also double S out of snares.

On 1/20/2016 at 7:23 PM, Smartly said:

Here's the thing. I'm a 1700 rating Assassin. PvPing as an Assassin under level 45 is pretty much asking to be called a scrub, or bring on the "L2P GIT GUD" comments. I'm not going to do that. As we speak, I'm logging into the game to give you a hand. Not because I'm on your server (I'm not, probably....). I logged in to properly check my skill book.

Now, what I like to do with FM's is get right up in their face. Speccing Smoke Bomb stealth helps not only with their ranged attacks, but gives you time to breath if they're spamming skills on you. I recommend going the Smoke bomb healing though (Smoke Screen T3 S2) because if they're the spamming kind, you can bring some extra HP back without being forced to drop your C right away. Sneak Attack is nice too for the free teleport behind them. Ranged bombs are fun as well. But most of all, spec your escapes. IF you're against a frost spec FM, you're going to need all the escapes you can get. Try to go for some resists, and go for the kills and combos. There are a few good combo threads in the Assassin side of the forums you should check out.

Anyways, hope that helps. PM me on the forums if you think you need some more help. I really don't mind.

• 1 month later...

I just wasted my time reading the thread with a silly irrelevant starter.

Lets see.. Destroyer infinite spin to win... ok OP class.. game is broken again... cries..

Summoner goes invis... Assassin reveals the invisibility... oh OP class class again... rolling on the floor crying..

On 2016. 01. 19. at 0:23 AM, Smartly said:

You shouldnt even pvp in arena before max lvl, only to experiment. You will meet a lot of lvl 50 HM5 or even higher players, what do you think will happen if they are not total noobs? You gona get stomped because they have a lot more skill points.. Equalized arena doesnt mean equal amount of skill points just gear and stats... If you are not willing to invest a couple of days worth of lvling into a class then you really shouldnt even bother palying any mmorpgs since most of the mmorpgs require you to grind and quest for a lot longer then just a few days. Lvling up a toon in BnS is quite the joke, I am already finishing my 4th lvl 50 char and I am not even playing a lot.

Archived