Stuck at "Downloading repair files"

KuVates

Yesterday it worked. Now all of a sudden it tells me there is an update, if you press it it verifys your files then starts "downloading repair files" and stay stuck at 0%.

I have tried:

-Restarting the launcher

-Restarting the computer

-Using file repair -> checks the files then goes to "downloading repair files" and is stuck again

-Using file repair, closing the launcher and setting the local.ini to read only

Any other suggestions?

Sidenote: The launcher doesnt seem to properly close itself for me. When I close it I still have a process running in the background and in order to launch it again I need to first terminate that process.

Sidenote 2: I have only seen one game with such a bugged launcher and that is TERA. This is kinda amazing how *cricket*ed up it is.

Been waiting for 40 min now and it actually went up to: 1 byte... this is ... annoying.

Maybe ill just come back in a week or so when all this crap is sorted out a bit and the servers are maybe a bit less overloaded...

1 hour ago, KuVates said:

Been waiting for 40 min now and it actually went up to: 1 byte... this is ... annoying.

Maybe ill just come back in a week or so when all this crap is sorted out a bit and the servers are maybe a bit less overloaded...

I having same problem and stuck at 86 byte e.e

Note that 1 byte is already made when it start to repair it

@Valiant same here, it was 0/85 before and it started after waiting for some time but a while ago it downloaded version11 and now its 1/86 bytes... Currently waiting 10min, still not started 
Edit: it started now

Hey everyone, we are aware of the issue at large.  This even happens to me too sometimes. Until we can get a proper fix in place, please try to keep restarting your launcher/computer until it works. I've even had to reset my router a couple of times.

Not sure this is a fix. I know this is a game at launch, but rly with the que times and this, seems a little unplanned and possibly not enough attention on this subject. Those fixes arent fixes, they throwing a dart at a board blindly. Fix this please

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2016 at 0:29 PM, KuVates said:

Yesterday it worked. Now all of a sudden it tells me there is an update, if you press it it verifys your files then starts "downloading repair files" and stay stuck at 0%.

I have tried:

-Restarting the launcher

-Restarting the computer

-Using file repair -> checks the files then goes to "downloading repair files" and is stuck again

-Using file repair, closing the launcher and setting the local.ini to read only

Any other suggestions?

Sidenote: The launcher doesnt seem to properly close itself for me. When I close it I still have a process running in the background and in order to launch it again I need to first terminate that process.

Sidenote 2: I have only seen one game with such a bugged launcher and that is TERA. This is kinda amazing how *cricket*ed up it is.

Navigate into your C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT\BnS\bin\GameGuard and delete all the files inside.

Archived