Forums

Mail restrictions

Hazriel

Yeah, the picture i posted was taken after patch...Tho in the thread linked above the same user who posted the support answer wrote that he/she got a new answer which stated that they are still working on the issue, so...let's be "patient", right?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I dunno about this mail issue because since I dinged 16 I can send mail to my alt np.

The thing that pisses me off about NCsoft is that there is not a 1:1 ratio of dollars to NCcoin It was and still is the same way on Aion which is why I quit playing that money pit. 

But seriously sure looks like if anyone wants to send mail ya have to cough up a few bucks first.

just went to my lvl 45 BM,to give my newborn assassin some money and WOW,you can't send mail,unless you put some money in the game...WOW,that's...sad,i really enjoy buying some outfit or weapon skins,but block the mail for free players...ok,black desert is coming out,relax.

19 hours ago, FriggaWitch said:

Well I dunno about this mail issue because since I dinged 16 I can send mail to my alt np.

The thing that pisses me off about NCsoft is that there is not a 1:1 ratio of dollars to NCcoin It was and still is the same way on Aion which is why I quit playing that money pit. 

But seriously sure looks like if anyone wants to send mail ya have to cough up a few bucks first.

What region are you playing on? I'm on EU and every friend of mine on EU servers has this issue. Can't confirm NA tho, i have only 1 char there.

19 hours ago, Hanzoul said:

just went to my lvl 45 BM,to give my newborn assassin some money and WOW,you can't send mail,unless you put some money in the game...WOW,that's...sad,i really enjoy buying some outfit or weapon skins,but block the mail for free players...ok,black desert is coming out,relax.

Just to clear it, it SHOULD be free to send mails to your alts, but it's bugged right now and they are "working" on it. You need to buy Ncoin only to sent mail freely to anyone. This still don't change the fact that putting mail behind paywall is a stupid and unfair idea and NOT the way of stopping goldsellers.

Don't get your hopes up, just get someone you know to log in to hold your crap you need to move between alts every few days, that's what I do. Really would be nice if everyone hadn't already quit playing though, and if I had more than one person who was willing to leave the game installed to ferry stuff between my alts once in a while.

11 hours ago, Pinwheel said:

The main concern isn't the moving of stuff ingame anymore, but the fact that they ignore the problem.

Let's count what they did and did not so far:

1. We were told, that the game will be fully free to play, and only cosmetic and premium will be locked behind paywall.

2. At launch we faced the reality: you MUST pay to get the mail unlocked, except mails between your own alts.

3. The small, but SUPPOSEDLY free part of the mailing system is bugged (even for paying customers), multiple players reported it and everyone got the Ctrl+ C, Crtl+V answer from the suport page.

4. Here we are, the game is launched ~a month ago and they state that the problem is solved, while it's clearly NOT.

Why this happened:

1. It suppose to be a security measure against goldsellers (Did it work? No, but it punnishes real players instead of botters)

2. When reported the problem they kept repeating to us that "you need to charge Ncoin to send ingame mail", while we talked about the problem with alts (< this is why we're still here)

3. It takes so long to fix, because none of the other versions has this block, so NCWest needs to figure the things out by themselves.

What will happen:

1. A lot of player already left the game because this and other issues, so they get lesser money

2. They keep ignoring the problem to force more player to pay, which will fail and they lose more player, who gets upsetted because they lied

3. Since they will be in need of money, they either make more P2W moves, or shut down the game completely

4. (Gift-Joke: They come to their senses and finaly fix the bug, or oh God save us, remove the paywall completely)

Forcing players to pay for a basic feature of a game won't encourage new people to join, but cast them away instead. Let's be honest...who would want to play with a game, which doesn't allow you to use mail (unless you're a hardcore fan, like me who was waiting for this game to happen since years)? And the players already playing will eventualy leave too, because finding someone to hold your stuff for you just to trade with your OWN characters (while character selection screen is bugged too and you may crash) is too much of an inconveniece to ignore.

The smallest effect of this would make players think twice if they want to make and lvl an alt, because they need either start from the scratch again, or go through the procedure of double-trading each time they wanna transfer stuff from charA to charB. Either way NCSoft will lose money, becauye players won't pay more to get costumes, inventory space or other stuff for their alts

I'm fully aware of that, I'm just saying that I don't expect it to be fixed probably ever. I refuse to pay for something that we are supposed to be able to do for free (and doesn't work for some that pay to get the free function) and I have a workaround that does the job, so there's not much point in hoping that it will ever be fixed. It's like the government, everyone knows it's broken, but until it changes from the top of the chain down, you just have to accept that you will be forced to use workarounds.

True, and i agree with you, probably i won't buy ncoin untill they fix their stuff too, and that workaround is great, at some point i will use it too, i'm sure, But this workaround isn't an appealing feature (instead of the free mailing) for new players, so it's in their interest to fix it, or no new players will join and/or stay long enough to spend money. So i still have a bit hope...not because i trust in ncsoft, but because i trust in that they want the money of their players enough, to decide on fixing it ^^

On 2/15/2016 at 0:54 PM, Hazriel said:

The main concern isn't the moving of stuff ingame anymore, but the fact that they ignore the problem.

Let's count what they did and did not so far:

1. We were told, that the game will be fully free to play, and only cosmetic and premium will be locked behind paywall.

2. At launch we faced the reality: you MUST pay to get the mail unlocked, except mails between your own alts.

3. The small, but SUPPOSEDLY free part of the mailing system is bugged (even for paying customers), multiple players reported it and everyone got the Ctrl+ C, Crtl+V answer from the suport page.

4. Here we are, the game is launched ~a month ago and they state that the problem is solved, while it's clearly NOT.

Why this happened:

1. It suppose to be a security measure against goldsellers (Did it work? No, but it punnishes real players instead of botters)

2. When reported the problem they kept repeating to us that "you need to charge Ncoin to send ingame mail", while we talked about the problem with alts (< this is why we're still here)

3. It takes so long to fix, because none of the other versions has this block, so NCWest needs to figure the things out by themselves.

What will happen:

1. A lot of player already left the game because this and other issues, so they get lesser money

2. They keep ignoring the problem to force more player to pay, which will fail and they lose more player, who gets upsetted because they lied

3. Since they will be in need of money, they either make more P2W moves, or shut down the game completely

4. (Gift-Joke: They come to their senses and finaly fix the bug, or oh God save us, remove the paywall completely)

Forcing players to pay for a basic feature of a game won't encourage new people to join, but cast them away instead. Let's be honest...who would want to play with a game, which doesn't allow you to use mail (unless you're a hardcore fan, like me who was waiting for this game to happen since years)? And the players already playing will eventualy leave too, because finding someone to hold your stuff for you just to trade with your OWN characters (while character selection screen is bugged too and you may crash) is too much of an inconveniece to ignore.

The smallest effect of this would make players think twice if they want to make and lvl an alt, because they need either start from the scratch again, or go through the procedure of double-trading each time they wanna transfer stuff from charA to charB. Either way NCSoft will lose money, becauye players won't pay more to get costumes, inventory space or other stuff for their alts

Sums up the issue very well i guess. It's what we call, a Paywall. The very definition of it, meaning they should rethink about it, since it does not solve anything regarding Goldsellers, not really. When i see junk in AH sold for 100Gold, i know what that is and ofc they have other means too.

To me, this is one of the best MMO's out there, i would expect many of these important issues to have been resolved by now honestly. btw, this also brings a chain reaction since you can't trade/send anything to your alts, well, one more alt for F2P accounts. Since they have Paywalls under Bank and Inventory slots, isn't it? And the major argument is money. Profit, the game needs to make profit, which i do not consider a valid argument since it is proven, players will support a game they like, especially because it offers no paywalls etc, isn't it?

One of the things i was happy to see, is the in-game surveys. For me this means they data collecting, something Developers (weirdly enough) never do. So i was hoping, after 3-4 years now that the game is out, they would have started releasing these paywalls eventually. I do think a good game will keep making profit with only cosmetics, and i do think most gamers will actually appreciate a game that does not offer privileges to paying costumers only (One of the biggest E-Sports events was the BnS Arena matches, the Arena matches were appreciated exactly because everyone plays on them with equal skills, think about that). Someone who is able to buy his way to lvl 45 in a day, can start crafting sooner etc. Will become richer etc. sooner, will start controlling the market sooner etc. It's a chain reaction of events imo, not far away from were real life sits really. And that's why i think they should start thinking on this issue harder, and harder. I don't believe they will, but i provided my feedback on it.

I'm in NA and am still having this issue, and it's SO FRUSTRATING. I specifically gave my alts different crafting professions in order to help each other, but I'm at the point where I need their help and am unable to even use it. So much wasted time.

@ NCSOFT Corporation - I find it a little ridiculous that you force player(s) to buy/recharge ncoins just to send in game mail. I have never in my gaming history see a game company force the players to spend real money to send mail with in the game.

Rather or not NCSOFT will see this message its obvious that players opinions mean "Jack Crap" to the creators.

41 minutes ago, FinestWarrant said:

@ NCSOFT Corporation - I find it a little ridiculous that you force player(s) to buy/recharge ncoins just to send in game mail. I have never in my gaming history see a game company force the players to spend real money to send mail with in the game.

The paywalls and the absolute rip off that is premium are the two very reasons I refuse to put any money in to the game. I have no problem paying in to a game. I have done so on several occasions with other games. But not when I can clearly see that the company is doing everything it can to bend me over and ramrod me while trying to make me pay for it.  I mean even STO bt Crypitc, the biggest pay  us for nothing company out there, doesn't charge for mail. Looking over premium, the complete ripoff that it is. The only thing that's useful in the long term is the money drops, everything else is short term.

This is the first game I have played, where I actually feel sorry for the paying suckers... errr I mean customers. 

1 hour ago, Sorcerer21b said:

The paywalls and the absolute rip off that is premium are the two very reasons I refuse to put any money in to the game. I have no problem paying in to a game. I have done so on several occasions with other games. But not when I can clearly see that the company is doing everything it can to bend me over and ramrod me while trying to make me pay for it.  I mean even STO bt Crypitc, the biggest pay  us for nothing company out there, doesn't charge for mail. Looking over premium, the complete ripoff that it is. The only thing that's useful in the long term is the money drops, everything else is short term.

This is the first game I have played, where I actually feel sorry for the paying suckers... errr I mean customers. 

I guess we are on the same page here. I have put some thought into it and i think that, this is the result when a Developer is not a gamer. People u see use one constant argument, "The game needs to make money". Clearly, ofc but, if that's the purpose i have to say you are in the wrong kind of business, first, and then, if you make a quality game you don't need to put paywalls and various things that discriminate f2p users from Premium ones. Anyway, not anytime soon i guess.

After reading all these posts and seeing the dates they had been posted on, its disappointing to see that this is still an issue, one that I have just recently come across in my own game experience. As this has been going on for quite sometime now, the question I have to ask, Is their hope that they will even fix the problem? From what I here you have restrictions on what you can send the alts anyway, it would be nice if they could take some of these down as well since sending stuff like martials for crafting and equipment for break threw on your weapon would be nice to send before hand if one of your other characters need them.

Putting mail behind a paywall isn't something new, a lot of KR f2p games do it, it's not really a anti bot or gold seller thing, it's more a we want more money from you to unlock this feature, luckily I played aion and spend money on it so I had this unlocked when I started the game 

2 hours ago, Khrim said:

They keep repeating the same thing over and over for each and every support ticket "you need to charge Ncoin to unlock this feature", while they clearyl stated on the support page that you SHOULD be able to send mails to your alts on the same account for free. This can mean 2 things:

1. they lied to us about the free part, which is unforgettable (and if it's the case then they lose me as a customer for sure< i refuse to pay anything till they fix the thing)

2. all the support answers are auto- generated and the filter understood only the "can't send mail" part, the reply was sent and they won't bother to read the ticket personaly at all, which is unfortunate on our part and shamefull on their part.

I can't write my opinion about the restrictions of what is mailable and what's not, since i can't test it at all, but yeah, having the ability to trade materials and upgrade items between your alts are a usefull feature to have (hell in other games i played you can trade even soulbond items between you characters).

2 hours ago, Gaurie said:

Well, i'm sure there are such games outside, but none of the ones i played had this restriction and NO OTHER version of Blade and Soul has this restriction either, or if they have, they prove you with another method to trade items between your alts, like an accound-width bank, or housing system. On support page they stated this is a "security measure", which translates in my head as an anti-bot feature (since in other regions bots are flooded mailing system as well), but seeing that most of the bots has premium, it lost it's viability, and they should realy rething it.

Not to mention that at least half of the players has the mail still locked after charging Ncoin, since the system is either bugged or not every charging method counts for it's unlock.

Hi all...well, iam lucky because can use two (2) desktops, so ill use the "trade" with 3 accounts to give some mats/gold/other stuff to my alts...its a bit a long story cause need to log one to trade at "neutral" character, after log the char who need the gold/stuff and my second desktop is really lame :) ( a dual core with 2giga ram)...iam really and "hard" motivated to NOT CHARGE ANY EURO/PENNY ON A GAME WHO FORCE PLAYER TO SPEND REAL MONEY AFTER THEI SAW " TRULY FREE"!!!! and dulcis in fundo, they all kidding us with the lie "sorry but its a BUG"...ok its a bug, my work is like an mmo gamer...and dear NCSoft, WATH IS YOUR JOB??? YOU ALL ARE NOT ABLE TO SOLVE THIS BUG??? make us all players an very great favor: IF YOU DONT KNOW OTHER WORDS, STOP KIDDING US AND SHUT UP!!!!

2 hours ago, gelido said:

You know, i'm thinking of doing the same...tho i'm sure my other pc can handle bns, since i played on chinese server and in beta on it, but it's dieing >.< Anyway, either if it's a bug or an intetnional lie i already lost every interest to spend any money in it (even tho when it launched i decided to buy ncoin at least for a costume and a char vouche, but not anymore). I already said it a few times, but they should realy think about removing this restiction, since it costs them customers, instead of gaining them...

They talked about it in the last livestream where they said it's a bug and they are working on it, tho they still covered themselves with the "you can't mail chars on other servers", but it's still fishy, that a bug like this can be still around after ~1,5 month of constant reporting and talking without any official answer on any forum topics...

I don't know what's so wrong about it; I'm one of the victims who get regularly stalked by spam bots, and I've also received some spam via mail (once). Accordingly, I'm kinda grateful that they implemented it this way since it can't be considered a pay wall really ~ any amount can unlock it, and it's not bound to premium users. If you enjoy the game, share some love (and money) and go for a costume, some inventory expansions, etc. If you don't, well then you won't miss this feature when you decide to leave anyways. Also, players who never spend money at all won't help this company in the long run. Again, it's not bound to premium and it requires a minimum amount of effort to deal with ~ although helping a lot against spammers.

What I do agree with though is that they should fix sending mail to alt's. This is something they kinda promised, so they should stick with that.

Archived