Mail restrictions

Hazriel

2 hours ago, SmokeyH said:

I kind of skimmed through so idk if anyone mentioned this but I've already payed $5 like some of you, I cant send mail either.. It'd be nice to know how much Ncoin had to be spent but I assume they're pushing for the monthly subscription.

The note sais you need to charge NCoin to use, it doesn't mentione amount, so the smallest pack should be enough too. But as i read the forums, there are quiet a few paying player whose bank is still blocked :/

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It gets better.

I actually don't mind this restriction.  I really don't.  Five bucks for a useful feature?  That's fine.

The best part.  The best part.  Apparently, everything you CAN send is severely limited.

I can't mail my new character healing items, pickaxes, keys, charms, repair tools, weapons  ...

Well, it's faster to list what I CAN send.  I can send valor stones.  And gold.  Probably.  I'm actually not sure about the gold.

Edit:  Nope.  No gold.  Five bucks down the drain, can't send anything to other characters on my account.

I mean, it's only five bucks, but ... damn, son.

the free game u have to pay to play LMAO its NCsh!t like always u guys never played their games before?
 they are the worst free to play company in the world LMAO they are sneaky as fck they want money every possible way, and they use nice words like only cosmetics and premium are money to get you hooked then the D comes out wish mod saw this and replied to me saying i am a liar XD. those of u guys new here this is NCsh!t so get used to it pay to play and enjoy the game otherwise ye get stuck on everything u do wile pay to win takes advantage of everything. and if u paid and u still stuck its cus u did not pay enough money to this fgt fat money pigs they wanted you to pay more for the feature. like this will stop hackers and bots from roaming the game loool they reply to you saying its security messures .... lmao when game is already flooded with bots and gold farmers selling the G's idk in what way this makes the game more secure .... when u can trade everything.

i bought the student pack for my account and the only reason i bought it was because of the mails .i still cant send mail and now i learn it doenst make any difference, since even if you can send mail almost everything is blocked to be sent ! should've spent my money on a burguer,soda  or something would have been more worth it

1 hour ago, Kyotouryuu said:

Actually according to NCSoft you can send mails to your alts, as long as they both are on the same account.

https://support.bladeandsoul.com/hc/en-us/articles/207420056-Why-Can-t-I-Send-Mail-To-Other-Players-

The cake is a lie... i mean the page ;)

FYI: Have a ticket open about that, first the default copy-paste answer, with the hope it resolves my "concerns"... i replied with: no, it doesn't... was days ago, open since then... no comment.

9 minutes ago, Hazriel said:

Actualy it IS a bug and they finaly realized it. Here's a post from another forum with an actual answer from support.

Support answer

But this still doesn't change the fact, that they thinks it's a good idea to put mail behind paywall -.-

Not all bugs are intentional. If it is confirmed as a Bug, it may be that it was never intentional to be behind a paywall. 

But according to the support page (and another support answer in the linked thread) it IS intended (as a "security measure") and only the part, that you can't send mail to your alt for free is the bug. I would be the happiest if it realy is a bug tho >.<

4 minutes ago, Elvenmad said:

It would not surprise me if there 'fix' is the introduction of the Currency Exchange were you can exchange Gold for Ncion,  they deliberately did not have that active for live launch , but have said they will implement is 'soon'

Unfortunately that won't happen. The currency exchanger will allow you to trade gold for hongmoon coin, or Ncoin for gold, but gold can't be traded for Ncoin. They said there won't be any way to get Ncoin without spending real money :(

9 minutes ago, Hazriel said:

But according to the support page (and another support answer in the linked thread) it IS intended (as a "security measure") and only the part, that you can't send mail to your alt for free is the bug. I would be the happiest if it realy is a bug tho >.<

Unfortunately that won't happen. The currency exchanger will allow you to trade gold for hongmoon coin, or Ncoin for gold, but gold can't be traded for Ncoin. They said there won't be any way to get Ncoin without spending real money :(

If thats the case then its a pay wall and so is any chance of  access to ANY of the shop items except for cosmetics,  Not impressed thats not how we was told this game was originally perceived to work.

I have played CN servers pretty hardcore for years and also RU so was really looking forward to a western official release, but as everyday passes it is just looking more and more like pure cash grab. In game mailing behind a paywall, WFT next, 

On 2016. 02. 02. at 10:56 PM, Elvenmad said:

If thats the case then its a pay wall and so is any chance of  access to ANY of the shop items except for cosmetics,  Not impressed thats not how we was told this game was originally perceived to work.

Well they said you can gift membership and other ncoin-only stuffs, so i'm sure there will be sellers in the game too, but i doubt that this way you can unlock the mail, which is realy unfortunate and disappointing. Tho i can live without it, it realy makes life harder, espercialy if you have friends from another time zone and it's hard to arrange a time, when both of you are free.

I still think that locking ingame mail behind paywall is not the way of stopping goldsellers, neither to gain more profit, but to LOSE it. It's a major and basic feature in every mmo, so players expect it to be free here too, but when they face the reality here, that can be realy discouraging.

Not sure about players who already bought Ncoin, but it still don't let me send mails to my alt. Can't type anything in mail window.

Lvl 44 Summoner on server Ebon Hall, my alt is lvl7 assassin on same server.

4mgxEcI.jpg

Tho in other forums ppl said that they can freely mail between their alts without spending ncoin...

Archived