Forums

Mail restrictions

Hazriel

Can someone explain this to me, please?

O6t9hz0.jpg

Lets see if i understand this right: I need to buy Ncoin to be able to send ingame messages, even from Banker npc? This suppose to be like this?

This screen was taken when my char was lvl7, and i wanted to help out a friend by giving her the stalker weapon she needed, because RNGod didn't favore her, but met this message. I waited till lvl16 and hoped, it will unlock just like the trade, but it didn't. My char is lvl45 now and still can't send mails.

I consider myself as a reasonable person, so please, provide me with good reasons, why this is neccesery or a good idea, because i can't think of any. I can understand that they restricted sending mails from "field", but why from banker npc? I'm not a hardcore mmo player, but did play with a few games (and different releases of BnS too) and never met a restriction like this before. They said that only cosmetic items and subscription-related stuff will be bond to real money...Well it seems the ability to send ingame mails is became a premium feature?

Let's see what this restriction take away from the game for free players:

-You can't trade your items between your own characters. (<THIS IS A BUG)

-You can't help your friends or anyone, unless they are right next to you and both of you are higher lvl than 16, since trading is locked till lvl16 too. (Well, this is more complicated. It can work with friends or clanmates, if you quest together, or can arrange a meeting, but what about random ppl. Yeah, i'm such a generous person who likes to give away stuff for free for players in need, if i have the resources. But who will deal with someone who starts with the message "Look, we need to meet somewhere, because i can't send mails"?)

-You can't trade with other players outside Marketplace, unless you're next to each others. (Again, who would deal with someone who needs to stick with the customer? Ppl like fast deals and having to travel, or wait for the other part to go there isn't fast at all.)

So in general this restriction limits your ability to contact with other players in a way that effects gameplay.

Before the rage begins:

Yes, i'm a free player, BUT a potential customer. I'm willing to spend some money on the game i play IF i truly enjoy it, but i need time to decide that. That's why i didn't buy founder pack or Ncoin yet.  I was already planning to buy some ncoin at least for a costume and weapon skin, but to be honest, this action set my intent back a bit. These are MY opinions about the case and although i would be glad for a change, i'm not here to rage. I would like only reasonable explanations about why this happened.

IMPORTANT INFO:

It should be free to send mails to your alts on the same accout, BUT the feature is bugged currently and they are "working" on it. Not everyone is affected by this bug, but majority of players (at least on EU servers) do.

Related topics:

Can't send mail to alt character

In-game mail behind paywall

Support page:

Why can't I send mail to other players?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I too, agree with you. I will eventually purchase NCoin, but when I saw this I couldn't help it but be astonished. I really like BnS, but isn't this a little bit too much?

I really can't think of any reason why you should spend money just to send mails to other players, so please, enlighten me. IMO this is just a bad way to drive players to spend some cash, but seriously, it's a really bad move.

I do hope NCSOFT staff have a look at this and understand this is not a way to get money, but to lose it (people who get angry over stuff like this, tell their friends about it = lose wallets).

Just keeping this on top.

8 hours ago, Yamitri said:

I have the exact same problem, charged $5 to my account and bought the starter kit, and my character is level 16. i am still unable to send mail, what gives?

Although your case is even worser, because you already paid for it, but this forum is about the idea behind blocking the mails for free users, when they said, only cosmetic stuff and subscription will be cash-bond. But tbh, hearing that even paying players gets this block, it makes me think twice if i want to spend money on ncoin yet.

Anyway, i hope the'll fix your problem soon ^^

oh i understand the wall that was built, im just pointing out that if someone does give in, they shouldnt be blocked by an issue like this either. i agree its a poor way to 'force' a player to purchase credits, but they should also make sure their system works.

I try to understand but I think it's kind of way out of line. they clearly force you to pay money to unlock a simple system like mail..

none of the other servers implemented such restriction. B&S doesn't have a shared bank which is already bad, so your only option is the mail that you can't use as a free player. That makes the game not fair and a little P2W. like once you get one character level 45, you would have to start your 2nd character at the rock bottom, you can't even share the gold you have in your own account. IMO this way of getting money is a little bit too much but i hope it will change.             

I'm so happy you think the same, guys ^^  Let's try and keep this topic on the top for them to notice.

And yeah, i agree with you Yamitri, they realy should make sure that the mail does unlock properly, if they decided to charge money to use it.

Come to think about it, why not just pay an in game fee (copper/silver/gold) instead of being behind a paywall?

I mean, this doesn't even hurt gold sellers as they can trade with ease, only regular people is hindered by this measure, unless it's been made to get some cash, that is.

You're right, Killeon. I don't think this would stop goldsellers either. Hell, they just charge the smaller amout of Ncoin once and get double, triple profit with selling gold ingame, since (if i understand it right) you can receive mails for free, so the buyer don't need to charge Ncoin to make a deal with them.

Just hit level 15 to try and send mail hoping for the same just to find the 'soft' paywall. 

Seriously? I get that this is anti-bot support, but wouldn't a Captcha have been just a smidge lees restrictive to legitimate users? This isn't okay. At all. I won't be buying NCoin until this is fixed. 

40 minutes ago, MadMage said:

Just hit level 15 to try and send mail hoping for the same just to find the 'soft' paywall. 

Seriously? I get that this is anti-bot support, but wouldn't a Captcha have been just a smidge lees restrictive to legitimate users? This isn't okay. At all. I won't be buying NCoin until this is fixed. 

Terrible anti-bot support as they don't even need to mail since they can spam the various chats. lol

I think it's about when the goldseller already made the deal and wants to send the gold to the buyer, or farm-bots to send the farmed stuff to other accounts/characters. But yeah, this is the worst possible way of solving the problem IF this is the reason behind it.

It's about stopping spammers from spamming your mailbox with gold mails.

And you can send to your other characters on same account anything via mail without using NCoin
https://support.bladeandsoul.com/hc/en-us/articles/207420056-Why-Can-t-I-Send-Mail-To-Other-Players-

However, you can send mail to your alternate characters on the same account without restriction.

So because of some SShole goldspammer, all the community needs to suffer? Congratz, good job everyone XD. And yeah, i read that too, but still can't send mails at all. Unless it has a secret secondary surface to do, which i didn't discover yet, it's not working properly :/

3 hours ago, Valiant said:

It's about stopping spammers from spamming your mailbox with gold mails.

And you can send to your other characters on same account anything via mail without using NCoin
https://support.bladeandsoul.com/hc/en-us/articles/207420056-Why-Can-t-I-Send-Mail-To-Other-Players-

However, you can send mail to your alternate characters on the same account without restriction.

How is it possible? I saw this link before, but I can't figure out how to do it..

They should tell us how to do it because this doesn't help us at all.

They seem to have messed this feature up, then - I cannot even enter the email fields to indicate that I'd like to send something to an alt. 

Though even if this IS the case, this still isn't okay. It's a necessary social feature being locked off under the guise of bot prevention. This is a weak solution. 

Archived