Forums

LF KFM PVP GUIDE

Xavier1043

I've always been a huge fan of pvp from my previous experiences of World of Warcraft and was hoping someone could share their knowledge of this class in a pvp environment.Such as talent tree,move priorities and combos. I tried searching on YouTube but the skill tree is different.

While i can't say what a definitive point guide would look like as you level i can at least drop some advice on dealing with a summoner as they seem to be flooding the pvp 

arena right now. Out of the gate would be probably the most ideal lvl to deal with a summoner at any level would be 36 if you don't mean to max out your lvl before jumping in.

36 is the point where you have pretty much have access to all of your stuns and controls/ defenses. When fighting a summoner your main objective is to shut down and most likely kill the pet seeing as it is what they use to do the set up for there bursts, and is how they keep you from setting up on them. Things like making the pet airborne, stunning, and especially grappling if you have it set up to generate hp for you. If you haven't forced to summoner to have there pet hunker down, you want to periodically dodge to negate the cat grappling you. If you have forced the summoner to hunker down the pet then start harassing the summoner, but don't go all out on them. Counter there spells when you can, and close the distance to try to get a triple kick by either breaking there counter, or by successfully dodging an attack. Sending them flying works just as well too. The whole point to you harassing is to keep them from chipping away at your health. As soon as the cat gets back up you need to eventually switch back to it Unless you feel like you can keep the pressure up and control the pet to a manageable level. WHAT YOU MUST NEVER DO ( and this goes for any class) is grapple the summoner when the pet is out. Always grapple the pet if you are doing it to heal as there is no way ( that i know of) the summoner can break it. This is because, as stated earlier, there way of controlling you and setting up for there combo. It is an almost guarantee for you to get knocked down and grappled, saving the summoner and  letting them regain there footing. To sum it up, fighting a summoner as a KFM is a tricky, and drawn out fight of attrition. Now whether or not this is useful at all levels of play is suspect, but i have found that this works around 1700 rating at level 37.

Archived