Temperatures?

ipaulkn3

Can you tell me your temperatures?

No changes on temp on low resolutions or graphics levels from 5 to 1

CPU ~167F

GPU ~185F

HDD ~131F

Intel/AMD 

Are they fine for the game? for the recommend setting their rigs must be on fire.. ? 

Your temps are really high.

I wouldn't be comfortable with mine getting over 160. 

There are a few things to you can do to get adequate cooling.

1) Have enough fans in the case

2) Keep case dust free

3) Have good cable management so air can flow freely inside case

4) Clean & reapply thermal paste to CPU and Cooler.

Omg those are scary numbers lmao. Across all 4 cores, I'm holding an average 128F at around 70% usage. GPU wise, I'm at 132F. I'd suggest you'd getting much stronger cooling systems, preferably liquid cooling instead of air cooling. 

Edit: Try setting a custom fan profile for you graphics card as well. Something that ramps up in RPM sooner rather than later, to prevent higher temperatures from being reached.

If you have an intel processor 167F is not even close to where the cpu is startign to take damage so thats fine.

Graphics cards tend to go really warm as well all thou I'd clean the fan intake if you havent already because you are close to the heat treshold.

HDD is fine too, but I dont understand how you can reach that high temps with it, mine rarely hits even 40C

EDIT, Intel processor starts to throttle around 90-95C

Thanks for the replies

I got worry because on new AAA titles it operates on "normal" temperatures 

Not far from ~131F on the cpu etc

Liquid cooling should be a system recommendation for the game ^^ 

Or game optimization in the future?   

I'm running at 107,6F peak on my CPU and 149F peak on my GPU. CPU-load averaging 35-40% on all cores.

Running the game on max settings with a Intel i7 6700K and a GTX 970 under the hood. Never dipped under 60fps (VSYNC enabled)

CPU is running at default clockspeed with a Cooler Master towercooler. GPU is overclocked slightly to match GTX 980-spec's.

18 minutes ago, ipaulkn3 said:

Thanks for the replies

I got worry because on new AAA titles it operates on "normal" temperatures 

Not far from ~131F on the cpu etc

Liquid cooling should be a system recommendation for the game ^^ 

Or game optimization in the future?   

Try a stress test on your GPU. If keeping it at 100% makes it heat up to 185F, you might wanna optimize the airflow/check the cooling.

However, while 185F is a lot, it's still acceptable for most GPUs, which start throttling around 200F.

However again, BnS shouldn't be stressing your GPU/CPU that hard. What fps are you running? Make sure it's limited to your refresh rate one way or another.

4 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Try a stress test on your GPU. If keeping it at 100% makes it heat up to 185F, you might wanna optimize the airflow/check the cooling.

However, while 185F is a lot, it's still acceptable for most GPUs, which start throttling around 200F.

However again, BnS shouldn't be stressing your GPU/CPU that hard. What fps are you running? Make sure it's limited to your refresh rate one way or another.

It shouldn't be stressing anything ^^ Runs at 60fps from 5 to 1 graphics levels no change at all 

To tell the true, start with cleaning and if neccessary replacing thhermall paste.
I'm playing on Lenovo z580 laptop (i3-3110M,gt 635M) and don't have a problem. Auto settings on 4, always around 35-40fps and temp is around 55-63*C.
Have you upgraded any drivers lately?

2 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Try enabling it.

OMG Vsync on it is!! wow it's running now like the "normal" game it should be. On your mind the default would be vsync off but in this case I guess not Thanks so much 

2 minutes ago, Seth24 said:

To tell the true, start with cleaning and if neccessary replacing thhermall paste.
I'm playing on Lenovo z580 laptop (i3-3110M,gt 635M) and don't have a problem. Auto settings on 4, always around 35-40fps and temp is around 55-63*C.
Have you upgraded any drivers lately?

All drivers up to date Windows 10 Pro 64-bits it was vsync being off on AMD gpus you need it on? idk 

1 minute ago, ipaulkn3 said:

All drivers up to date Windows 10 Pro 64-bits it was vsync being off on AMD gpus you need it on? idk 

This game just has a very weird interaction with frames, while I do like the idea of having the customizable FPS limiter in-game, it doesn't do the job it's meant to do properly. Not really an AMD issue.

Archived