Copyright issues (YouTube), false claim?

I've had problems with a lot of false claim on YouTube. I've gotten support from other game developers (supports) to remove this false claims. I'm not sure if this one is a false claim or not. but i've no idea what to do with my video. Delete it? or report a false claim?

Bv9sEhp.png

gUx9VCm.png

I know a few (not popular) youtubers who haven't gotten these claims on their blade & souls videos.

Solution: Mute music on settings, skip through all cutscenes

27 minutes ago, Fairchild said:

I got the same email as well, after I finished my stream.

I think they refer to the groups that making soundtrack for BnS. I'm not sure either

but it's visual content aswell, you can't avoid that claim, unless you cut out the cutscene.

But the community manager says this:

[IMG][IMG]

I understand that the background music is a right claim, but the visual claim seems false.

5 hours ago, Fairchild said:

Hmm.. so what should we do now? Send a ticket to Google support? Lol

Don't know, but i think it's very odd. I also read through the user agreements and the copy right notice for blade & souls, everything looks fine. http://us.ncsoft.com/en/legal/copyright-notices.php but alot of people are struggling with this copy right strikes, sent a support ticket for safety just to be 100% sure about this.

if you pay attention to what's said in the claim notice, it says you don't have to do anything, if you agree that you cannot monetize that content as it is already monetized by the rightful copyright owners , "Viewing restrictions = none"  , means video will not be blocked/removed, but any money coming out of it from viewing and so on will auto-go to the "rightful owners" 

hope this clears it up

3 minutes ago, WhoAmISc said:

if you pay attention to what's said in the claim notice, it says you don't have to do anything, if you agree that you cannot monetize that content as it is already monetized by the rightful copyright owners , "Viewing restrictions = none"  , means video will not be blocked/removed, but any money coming out of it from viewing and so on will auto-go to the "rightful owners" 

hope this clears it up

Normally that would be the case, However if you read what the Community manager said, " NCsoft allows the Creation, Use and Monetization of Blade & Soul Video content so long as it doesn't violate the User agreement.  

It's not a big deal if you can't monetize my videos, it's just that i'm worried getting a strike that can be permanently marked on my YouTube account, and the video getting delete.

I'm aware that all the money is going straight to the owners.

But here is the Question.

Q; Shall i let the copy right claims stay? and ignore it?

yea i figured out the solution for my own problem.

Mute the in-game background music, edit and delete the cut scenes. after doing that, i no longer have any copy right claims and the video can be  monetized. The community manager is right that you're able to  monetize your videos from Blade & soul content as long the music and the visual content "cut scenes" are removed/muted.

48 minutes ago, Rapthorne said:

Damn, NCsoft are utter vultures. Doing this will kill content creation for the game

i was hoping blade & soul had the same agreements such as other games "world of warcraft, diablo III, ArcheAge etc..", which gives content creators full rights to use background music and cut scenes.

2 hours ago, SaferSephiroth said:

I just got the same after i uploaded to youtube after LIVESTREAMINING it all day I think im just going to give up on youtube they have got worse with dealing with copyright

Most of the games out there allows content creators to monetize their videos. some game developers doesn't allow their own music and trailers to be monetized. it's a simple as that, but a lot of YouTube copy right claims are false. Some company claim it's their content but actually not, just watch videos and read about the "YouTube copy right", "creative commons" and "fair use"

Archived