why people still join windrest....

VRock

Well some are probably still joining because friends of theirs joined Windrest during head start.  There is also the fact that the Initiate Pack did not include premium membership and they just don't want to loose their progression going to another server.  I personally moved from Mushin because its just so easy to regain levels.  

I just joined today because there are more people playing...probably after 1-2 months this will be the only active server with people online so why i should waste my time leveling a toon on a dead to be server?

1 hour ago, Velsu said:

I just joined today because there are more people playing...probably after 1-2 months this will be the only active server with people online so why i should waste my time leveling a toon on a dead to be server?

That's why there's servers with high queue time because people like him exist.They are so afraid that even on high they won't be able to find a group because oh i play at odd hours.Enjoy your lagging servers that makes u crash a few times every day.Often best servers are the medium population servers.Enough people to enjoy yourself, no queue and healthy community.

I am joining wind right now because i can't be bothered to play on the lowest populated server, Guardian. Yet it's instant queue and many people around i feel like if i wanna play the game in the long-term i feel being on a high populated server is always the best choice, i don't mind spending 5§ on a 7 days premium either to get phast the queue as in a week or two at least the queues should gone down queit a lot. 

I am same in World of Warcraft, i've always been on the highest populated servers and contiunes to be in other MMO's as well. 

5 minutes ago, Noshy said:

hahhahah you know nothing Jon Snow about queue xD it's been 100minutes im #104 in queue and still waiting 

rF6GDIU.jpg

when i was joning it was at 700,30min later i got dc and now its at 3,4k queue,so im 100% sure that they are bots

1 minute ago, Aimscoes said:

Poor non-premium players :) 

One of my RL friends is a non-premium player, me and another buddy are going to hook him up.  We all wanted to play together but him being non-premium (and he just had a child so he is being responsible and trying to save money) makes that impossible (considering we are upon Jiwan).

Probably because people know that the largest server usually has the best chance of staying alive after launch. Eventually the launch will die down and they'll be fewer servers needed so some will close. Thankfully with names guild names being region wide you wont lose then on any merge/shutdown.

"why people still join windrest..."

Because when you have to pick a server, there's no indicator for population and/or queues, so you just pick one based on the name, because that's all there is. Not everyone does forum research to choose a server.

1 minute ago, Veldan said:

"why people still join windrest..."

Because when you have to pick a server, there's no indicator for population and/or queues, so you just pick one based on the name, because that's all there is. Not everyone does forum research to choose a server.

I second that lol 

"Thirded" or w.e. you call it.

There's absolutely no indicator.

I made a character on Ebon Rest, since Windrest is overpopulated - I have a queue of 16xx people and a waitingtime of 20+ minutes.

Since I didn't feel like waiting, I made a second character on Wild Springs. 

There are now 1798 players waiting. I have a queue of 23 minutes. HOWEVER, the longer I wait.. the longer I have to wait. For some reason it tells me I have to wait 23 minutes, but it has now been at least 15mins or longer and it still shows me "20+ minutes" to go. 

So regardless which server you choose, you have a waiting queue of approx. 1600 people and "20 minutes" of waiting time (which translates into roughly 3/4 of an hour in realtime.

Sorry, but after an hour - my small attentionspan is long onto something else.. 

1 hour ago, Keawen said:

That's why there's servers with high queue time because people like him exist.They are so afraid that even on high they won't be able to find a group because oh i play at odd hours.Enjoy your lagging servers that makes u crash a few times every day.Often best servers are the medium population servers.Enough people to enjoy yourself, no queue and healthy community.

I do not have any problem with lags or crashes but thanks for Your concern. Played too many MMO's in my life and got stuck in a dead server too many times. Especially that this game's playerbase is really small.

Because in a few months a lot of those people will quit especially in europe ( it happens in every f2p mmo ) so i rather have queue times now than an empty server later. because most of the time most populated servers are more fun than ghost towns

4 hours ago, VRock said:

sounds they are insane x_x

Had 1 sec queue but i'm talking about non-premium here. B&S team provided lot servers, i guess they really enjoy that queue. 

0idWp9Z.jpg

this is nothing.  Old Man Cho had 4997 in the queue last night.  Every server is like this

Archived