Error 02018 Fix Hypothesis

I think it might be possible for players to share the missing files that can't be downloaded due to this issue. I'm willing to share/exchange missing files with anyone that's also missing. If someone has an installed game client, sharing missing files might work the fastest

For myself, I have three files the launcher persistently fails to download.

00018859.upk

00033016.upk

Dragon_Oreum_Federation_0_0.upk

They exist should exist in this address: C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT\BnS\contents\bns\CookedPC

The error screen for this issue reads as such:

[Update error] Cannot download file.

Please restart the launcher. If this problem persists, please Contact customer Support at http://us.ncsoft.com/en/support/.

E02018

DP_G18_0_10/8c4923ae

Zip/contents/bns/CookedPC/00018859.upk.zip:PI380:PL8388608

Well, my problem is a bit different from the others. I manage to finish stage 1 download and able to play Viridian Coast map. However, the stage 2 required to play further has been stuck on 98% since yesterday. This is the error number the client gave me. Hopefully you can help since I'm out of idea already and frankly, I don't feel like re-downloading for the third time.

This is the error when i run the client.

E02018
DNL_G18_0_10/
Zip/contents/bns/CookedPC/DongHae_chungkak_A_Storm_Federation_1_1.upk.zip:PI949:PL8388608

And this is the error when i click on file repair.

E02018
DNL_G18_0_10/081923ae
Zip/contents/bns/CookedPC/jeryoungrim_federation_2_2.upk.zip:PI1037:PL8388608

A little while ago the last file downloaded, and I got through most of the tutorial before the game crashed. I'm at the same point you are in terms of downloading stuff. If my download works, I'll locate the file, email it to you (can share that through direct message), and we'll see if you dropping it in there works. Presuming the file isn't too large for email.

Sorry to hear that, for now I'm downloading patch via torrent. For more information maybe you can check this link :https://www.reddit.com/r/bladeandsoul/comments/41pbsf/for_those_with_unstable_download_speeds/

Hopefully it works! (the missing files I mentioned are inside the torrent too)

Nope, I have not try it yet cause I somehow "accidentally" deleted something so I had to download everything from beginning. Well, hopefully the torrent patch could help. 

For first time installer

-Download BnS_Lite_Installer from bladeandsoul.com

-Download the torrent file from this link  https://www.reddit.com/r/bladeandsoul/comments/41pbsf/for_those_with_unstable_download_speeds/

-Install BnS_Lite_Installer

-Run Blade&Soul Client

-Update

-Close the launcher

-Copy "Patch" torrent file into directory inside $Patch$

-Run the launcher again, let it finish checking everything and then start to run 2nd stage of downloads

(For those stuck on second stage)

-Copy "Patch" torrent file into directory inside $Patch$ ( Yes, again!)

-Run the launcher, now the launcher will finish 2nd stage and now you can play past Viridian Coast.

As for version 11, it will have no problem. After you finish installing second stage, it will auto download additional update (if there is any).

Hopefully this helps

Edited by love4ndpeace

• 3 years later...