LOW FPS - HIGH PC SPECS

marzy

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have it running on multiple computers here. Some 6 years old and I'm getting no frame rate issues. 

1. Update drivers.

2. Turn off all programs not native to windows and blade and soul. Prevent them from starting up if you have to. This includes anti virus or any other program that windows doesn't come with. 

3. check your nvidia or amd control panel in windows and adjust the forced graphics to performance or equivalent. Make sure it's not forcing AA or something. 

4. Make sure blade and soul is using your dedicated video card instead of your motherboards on board video card. This caused problems with one of our computers. Instant 30+ fps boost.  

I'll copy over my post from another thread. - - 

This game is CPU intensive so I'll focus on the cpu, since I also have that cpu (4770k).  I'll tell you what I did to have crazy smooth gameplay:

1. Disabled hyperthreading in BIOS (there are other ways to achieve a similar effect ie. Affinity in task manager,  etc) 

2. When in game,  press alt-enter at the same time (not the way you usually alt-tab out of full-screen - you literally have to press them both at the same time) to go "true" full screen mode, which should help tons with the fps drops. You should see your screen flicker and transition to full-screen. 

3. I also over clocked my cpu and gpu. 

4. Profit and drool at the buttery smoothness that is the bodily physics of your character. 

5. PS. make these changes at your own risk. 

My system:

i7 4770k oc'd to 4.3ghz

H100i liquid cpu cooler

16gb of ram 

250gb Samsung Evo ssd

500gb ssd for games

1tb hdd

Asus Maximus vi formula MB

R9 290 Sapphire Vapor-x 4gb

850w psu

Windows 10

PS. I hear SLI or Xfire does not work well with this game too

Intel Xeon  E3-1271 v3 OC'ed to 4.2 GHz (4 cores ~ 8 threads)

16 GB of G-Skill Ripjaws 2400 mhz ram

ASUS R9 390 video card OC'ed with latest 16.1 crimson drivers.

Getting FPS drops down to 15 in group instances with 6 people, in areas where I am alone or with very few people I get 100+ FPS at evey setting possible maxed out.

CPU usage never goes above 50% and it only uses 2 cores out of the 4, it also doesn't utilize the hyper-threading at all. GPU hardly ever reaches 99% also.

All this is according to the MSI afterburner monitor.

Don't know what to do honestly, it's kind of frustrating. Kills the enjoyment when the action gets hectic and the frames drop.

Just to chime in... I have i7 4790k, 16gb ram, r9 290x in cross fire, win 10 and I still get dips below 20 fps in instances... In towns it goes up to about 80...

Tried all sorts of tweaks or tricks and nothing helped... I don't get it.

Some ppl with similar hardware has no issues, while others do...what are we missing?

On 1/20/2016 at 10:27 AM, Jourdan said:

I feel ya. I got the same specs so but I noticed when both shadow settings were at 5 I got 45 fps constant then when I turned them down to 3 I got 60 fps straight.

You need to raise the cap in settings mate (max is 120).

Edit: my bad just read you had to lower shadows for that. Weird, I'm running everything on max and get 121 fps.

1 minute ago, CarbonDragon said:

If you've got a hyperthreading CPU, you have to turn it off to gain more FPS - and enter "true" full-screenm by pressing alt + Enter (at the same time). This will DEFINITELY help you get more FPS, if anything. 

Disabling hyperthreading ? are you mental?

Get your stuff right before spreading false information.

That does literally NOTHING on an AMD cpu.

27 minutes ago, PerfectInputs said:

Disabling hyperthreading ? are you mental?

Get your stuff right before spreading false information.

That does literally NOTHING on an AMD cpu.

Lol. Your reading skills need upgrading seriously. I said "IF" you have a hyperthreading CPU. So quick to insult when you should probably take the time to understand my comment. 

Edit: The question is, are YOU mental? My stuff is right. Perhaps you should do more research on your part before you start insulting others.

Thanks Carbon, I tried those two methods and not much change, still super low fps during busy combat. 12 fps during poh boss fight...even with Ctrl + F I couldn't get over 20 fps. 

I'm gonna start over, reinstall drivers and game, disable everything I can... And see what else I can find.

Doesn't make sense when some other ppl with similar computer parts can run at max with no issues

Np. From what I've seen in past games (like TERA) - disabling hyperthreading helped out A LOT. I was getting 30-40 in towns in TERA and after doing that, it was a stable 60-70 in towns even with ppl around - and it seems to be the same with BnS for me. 

* What actually helped the most in terms of keeping a stable FPS was the (alt + Enter). Are you sure you're pressing them at the same time? You should see your screen flicker once it goes into true full-screen mode.

Edit: I made a mistake in my earlier post - it's supposed to be alt+Enter not alt-tab*** lol sorry about that

It's an old game with an old engine they may not always mesh correctly with newer OS's, software/hardware setups, etc.  Obviously your PC is powerful enough to run the game fine, so I'd suggest toying with your GPU settings, try different drivers and tinker with in-game graphic options.  It's probably some minor glitch or incompatibility that's throttling you, so if you keep trying stuff you'll likely eventually luck into what the issue is. 

Archived