marzy

LOW FPS - HIGH PC SPECS

Kend   

i run win 10 . Does that make a diff ? O: When i first play kr version i was at win 8 

Phoenix4   
Just now, Kend said:

i run win 10 . Does that make a diff ? O: When i first play kr version i was at win 8 

I guess the problem has to be on the software side since the Hardware is more than sufficient so yeah maybe the Windows version has an effect. Hell , even the windows updates change how games perform.

Remember , not long ago a Windows 10 update which broke Fallout 4 ?

marzy   
7 minutes ago, pingal1ty said:

There is nothing wrong with your setups, its not the processor, neither the graphics card or the PSU, also razer synapse isn't the fault here.

Game is 4 years old already and it was started to be developed really long before those 4 years, therefore its graphic engine its deprecated nowadays.

FYI it uses UT3 (same as Tera and other games) and obviously that engine was not really thought for MMO games, more likely FPS and sandboxed 3rd person shooting/action games (like a singleplayer game, lets say for you have an idea kind of Devil May Cry as an example).

So basically the problem is game running on UT3 engine + DX9.0c + massive amount of people in an area = fps drops.

Go try do blackwyrm at faction area with 50 people and you'll see. Even people with 980s SLI are dropping to 15-20fps because the game engine does the bottleneck.

Have a nice day

So you're saying I will always lag when there alot of people on the server? Even with my specs?

I don't understand that seeing as people with low specs are hitting 100 fps whilst there are alot of people in the server :/

This game is broken, i run Witcher 3 on ultra with always 60fps+ , GTA V with 60 fps+, rainbow six 60fps+ and other games too.

But this game ... max. 25 fps.

Phoenix4   
1 minute ago, marzy said:

So you're saying I will always lag when there alot of people on the server? Even with my specs?

I don't understand that seeing as people with low specs are hitting 100 fps whilst there are alot of people in the server :/

One thing is for sure , if you have many people around you (not in the server , around your character) like +50 the game will lag pretty much in any PC.

The problem is that the game is using Unreal Engine 3 with Direct X 9 , for example DX9's drawcalls are so low compared to DX12's and you need lots of drawcalls then you load lots of people

However this inconsistency of Bad HW - Good FPS/Good HW - Bad FPS should not exist even with the old graphics engine.

4 minutes ago, Phoenix4 said:

The point is that some people have i7s and 980Tis and are lagging even on Low while they are pretty much with a few mobs/people meanwhile others with inferior hardware are having +80FPS

Something is not right , i mean yeah the game isn't that optimized and on 50 people it should lag but still.

@

dispatcher505

I guess i have to give it a try on my brother's PC which has W10.

"Lagging" is a very relative word. When  you do comparisons should be both players in the same area, same channel, camera looking at same spot, etc.

I can tell you I've an old machine, i7 920 (first gen) and GTX 275 1.7 GB VRAM and I get 10-15 fps at blackwyrm when doing it with guild.

People with new computers like the one you said get also 10-15 fps when it starts to lag the area or whatever, so definitelly is not your machines. 

The difference between my 6 year old computer and a new one when the area is like super crowded and everyone spamming all their skills might be of 5fps.

In non-crowded areas with your computers should have 60+ fps everywhere with max settings.

marzy   
Just now, Phoenix4 said:

One thing is for sure , if you have many people around you (not in the server , around your character) like +50 the game will lag pretty much in any PC.

The problem is that the game is using Unreal Engine 3 with Direct X 9 , for example DX9's drawcalls are so low compared to DX12's and you need lots of drawcalls then you load lots of people

However this inconsistency of Bad HW - Good FPS/Good HW - Bad FPS should not exist even with the old graphics engine.

I agree :( 

marzy   
2 minutes ago, MrMadness said:

This game is broken, i run Witcher 3 on ultra with always 60fps+ , GTA V with 60 fps+, rainbow six 60fps+ and other games too.

But this game ... max. 25 fps.

Exactly the same with me, i run GTA V on the highest settings with no problem what so ever, same with BO3

Kend   

While people worrying about lag, i on the other hand cant log in even at 2 am West USA LOOL 

7 minutes ago, marzy said:

I would copy/paste you a youtube video from someone playing Tera if I could find it, (same engine as BnS) with a dual high-end graphic card solution from 2-3 year ago playing the game with lowest setting possible and still getting really bad fps.

I'm telling you its the engine, and to answer your question, yes, no matter if you get a NASA computer to play BnS you'll get low FPS in crowded areas no matter what.

To put it simple to you.... if you buy a car, a normal one, but you decide to use Formula1 tires you won't reach 300km/h and you can complain your tires are super good and expensive and all that, the problem is the car engine not delivering enough HP to make it possible, 

So same is with BnS, the engine can't take full capabilities from your graphics card to unleash all of its power and render perfectly all those players at the same time, sad but true is like that.

I heard NCSoft is working on a DX11 engine revamp for the game, but that would probably hit Korea first and all that, don't expect any fix for now on a short term.

Phoenix4   
6 minutes ago, pingal1ty said:

I would copy/paste you a youtube video from someone playing Tera if I could find it, (same engine as BnS) with a dual high-end graphic card solution from 2-3 year ago playing the game with lowest setting possible and still getting really bad fps.

I'm telling you its the engine, and to answer your question, yes, no matter if you get a NASA computer to play BnS you'll get low FPS in crowded areas no matter what.

To put it simple to you.... if you buy a car, a normal one, but you decide to use Formula1 tires you won't reach 300km/h and you can complain your tires are super good and expensive and all that, the problem is the car engine not delivering enough HP to make it possible, 

So same is with BnS, the engine can't take full capabilities from your graphics card to unleash all of its power and render perfectly all those players at the same time, sad but true is like that.

I heard NCSoft is working on a DX11 engine revamp for the game, but that would probably hit Korea first and all that, don't expect any fix for now on a short term.

GPU does not matter in a MMORPG , it's all about CPU and precisely IPC. You need 2 to 3 powerful single performance cores which means Intel.

Olivar   

Totally wild idea, but could be similat to Wildstar:  Try disabling the Hyperthreading technology in your BIOS and see if this has an impact on your performance in the game. If there's no noticable different then you can enable it again if want.

I'm running on the following specs with a fixed 60FPS on everything maxed out:

• Intel i5 4670K OC'd at 4.2Ghz
  • 16GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator
  • Gigabyte G1 Sniper M5 Mainboard
  • SSD
  • Gigabyte GTX 760 Windforce 4GB
  • VSync enabled

Hi...

Did u guys check if your game is using the processor GPU? or its using your Video Card?

i have a i3 3.3Ghz, 8GB Ram, GTX630 (4 years old), Win7...im running the game at 50-60+ FPS...

Gypo   

How are some of you getting sub 60FPS with those rigs?

My specs are:

AMD FX-8350 Black Edition

16GB DDR3

GTX 550Ti

Windows 10

I'm getting 60-70fps on max graphics settings, turn a few extras off and it jumps near 90fps and thats with an old GTX 550

8 minutes ago, Phoenix4 said:

GPU does not matter in a MMORPG , it's all about CPU and precisely IPC. You need 2 to 3 powerful single performance cores which means Intel.

That's a false assumption.

Look at your CPU usage and your GPU usage while playing and you'll see.

The problem is not your cpu/gpu.

Problem is the engine not being able to handle properly all the resources your hardware has to offer.

Many people say this about the CPU because its true that having a high clocked CPU makes you gain few more FPS with this engine but this doesn't translate straight to "GPU doesn't matter in MMORPG" in fact a good MMORPG engine for a 2016 game would do intensive use of both GPU and CPU, specially now with DX12 around the corner, the problem is will it triumph? John Carmack prefered to develop his ID Tech engines based on GL instead of DX because ..... first versions of DX was low level programming, like the new DX12. so basically to draw a triangle you need 20 line codes in DX while GL was 1 line.

Will game developers accept the new code? If we look at PS3 with its Cell processor you'll get an answer..... Yes very powerfull machine and all that but a nightmare to code and port games to their platform unfortunatelly, the idea was great tho.

Anyways I'm getting too much philosophic already and derailing this into other things, do your researches and all that you'll find everybody is having FPS problems in crowded areas no matter what.

And if someone comes to you say "I have 80fps steady everytime everywhere" he is either trolling you or hasn't yet experienced a very crowded area with everybody spamming skills and stuff.

Jhun   
57 minutes ago, MrMadness said:

Hello, i have the same problem here ...

I have max. 25 fps in this game, this is OMG, this game is broken.

My specs:

GPU : MSI GTX 980Ti 
CPU : Intel Core i7-4790K 4.4 GHz 
RAM : Patriot Viper3 Black Mamba 8GB

I have nearly the exact same setup.

Only difference is my 32 Gb Kingston HyperX. I have constant 120 FPS, besides the small drops when transitioning to another area. Which driver are you running?

Jhun   
7 minutes ago, pingal1ty said:

And if someone comes to you say "I have 80fps steady everytime everywhere" he is either trolling you or hasn't yet experienced a very crowded area with everybody spamming skills and stuff.

uhm yes I was in crowded areas where people threw their stuff around like candy on halloween. And it never dips under 90 FPS.

13 minutes ago, Gypo said:

How are some of you getting sub 60FPS with those rigs?

My specs are:

AMD FX-8350 Black Edition

16GB DDR3

GTX 550Ti

Windows 10

I'm getting 60-70fps on max graphics settings, turn a few extras off and it jumps near 90fps and thats with an old GTX 550

You saying this confirms something. The game is optimized quite well on older cards and newer cards its  not optimized at all making the game run like crap.

On my right with a i5 4670k @ 4.20ghz and a 280(benchmarks like a 680) i get 68-95 fps. Though i normally cap it at 75fps because my monitor is at 75hz.

I7 5820k @ 4,4Ghz

DDR4 16gig 3000@cl15

R9 390 Crossfire R9 290 (disabled)

Constant 60 FPS locked for me. So no problem for me at all.

Maybe its because you have the green disease in your rig.. dont know xD

No for real. Go settings -> graphics-> checkbox optimize for fight or what it is spelled in english and have fun.

Dumaw   

As soon as I saw that this game was using the same or at least a very similar engine as TERA, I knew a lot of problems like these would soon show up.

I am not sure what is it with this engine, but there is something really wierd about it indeed.

Some people with awesome pcs get awesome fps, and some people with same awesome pc get low fps. Same thing for people with medium or bad pcs. You can get 60 fps or 20 using same ingame settings and same pc. There must be something that causes this, of course, but usually people never find it lol

I have been able to play it just for a little bit so far, and I can't really complain about my fps, at least when im questing and exploring. It does drop a lot on areas with many people, but this is to be expected in any MMO, specially in this launch periode, when some places, like starting areas, are completely filled with players.

Gypo   

Considering my pretty old GPU i suspect like fade2black has said. that the game isnt optimized for the latest GPUs and/or i5/i7 cpus.

Bear in mind how old the game is already, its not an issue with hardware specs as such. its going to be down to GPU drivers mixed against factors like OS, hard disk, memory controller etc.

Even in PVP or a full on PVE mobfest there is no slow down on my GTX 550Ti, and i'm even running the game off a 6 year old 500gb Sata drive...

So here's my rig:

i7-4710MQ
GTX 850M
16GB DDR3
Win 7 Home

Now, even though I knew these weren't great specs, at the very least I knew should have gone above 15fps. Reading all this stuff about "Lower your graphics", "Not optimized for new GPUs", "Everyone has it", "Its only in crowded areas"  all that bs. I especially knew that the "new GPUs" was extra bs when my buddy got his new rig within the last couple months and it plays perfectly.

I'll make it short, THIS stupidly simple task is what helped me get properly optimized so that I could go a normal 60fps. 

Edited by Vanaskiller