Soulstone Farming

Rueghn

I'm to the point in my crafting where I need large quantities of Soulstones. I've gotten 2 so far from a lockbox, the description says Faction and PvP chests, as well as Faction contested territory.

By Faction contested territory I take it, it is speaking about areas where you find Crimson Legion and Cerulean Order fighting? I've gone and farmed in those areas wearing my faction outfit, mostly to farm insignia's but I've come across 0 Soulstones. Just want to make sure these are the right spots to farm them.

Put on your faction uniform and then check the map in each zone, You will see new teleport locations with red icons. Go there and do the quests for the dailies. In Moonwater map in Misty Woods, I know for sure you can get soulstones and also from the Tomb of Exiles daily. I do all the pvp quest in each zone to get higher ranking for the faction.Insert other media

13 hours ago, Ghayatea said:

ok, where I can get that tomb of exiles daily then, checked Mirage but it wasnt there.

I'm not sure if you had to have already done it once or if it was the quests leading up to it, but mine shows up in the dungeon lobby room daily. The npc to the left of the entrance gate.

On 1/21/2016 at 3:48 AM, Duno said:

I have looked at all the misty woods (and completed) dailies and none of them give soulstones. Anywhere besides the Tomb of the Exiles daily to get these?

you need to do faction quests in order to get them... wear your faction uniform and you will see the red quests on misty woods.... you need to be atleast lvl 9 on your rank to do

them

• 4 months later...

Can someone give a rundonw of ll te soulstone sources avaiable.  i know of the folowing.

1) tomb of exiles daily=2 soulstones.

2) misty woods dailies. i skip blackwyrm because i can't solo him, ad slki the player killing one. that gives 14.

I'm guessing there's some in silverfrost, but i have not seen a list. i'm only on oahbreaker and i haven't even gotten the upgradable belt and bracelet, or gotten the siten acc upgrades at all.  so i'm not sure I can survive silverfrost.

so

1) what's the list of silverfrost, and can i do them as 49 smmoner.

2) is my only real option to getting my upgrades in less then 5 weeks arena?

22 hours ago, zapzap77 said:

1) what's the list of silverfrost, and can i do them as 49 smmoner.

2) is my only real option to getting my upgrades in less then 5 weeks arena?

1) Soulstone Plains dailies. Like Misty Woods, only harder... but they reward you m,any more Soulstones and, depending on your stats, should be easy enough for ranged. Summoner is ranged, so it's worth a shot.

2) If you mean 1v1/3v3, it's an option. You can trade 2k Zen Beans from these modes plus 1 Dragon Certificate from certain dungeon dailies for soulstone pouches that can give up to 25 Soulstones each.

If you got over 40k HP (ideally closer to 50k), which should be easy enough with Bloodshade/Labyrinth soul shields, you can do Act 4 just fine with Oathbreaker weapon. It also gives belts and bracelets you'll use to upgrade the upgradeable ones. They are decent replacements for upgradeable ones while you don't get these.

yeah oathbreaker 10 is enough for finishing story.  expected jinsoyun to be a little more difficult.  i'm guessing the 6 man version isn't so easy?

i have

1) silverfrost valor blue soul shield.

2) 3 slots in oathbreaker (bought a couple gem hammers in marketplace. my oathbreaker was of course one slot.)

3) necklace, ring, and earring waiting on soulstones for siren upgrade.

4) some belt and bracelet that silverfrost quests gifted me.

5) HM level 2 

6) a ton of fusion powder. :)

I wish to gear up as fast and efficiently as possible without spending cash.  i can pass the mushin 5 tower dps check with sunflower/cat tank spam easily enough.

What i need.

1) good gems. how can i get them with a minimum of time,counting farming?

2) money money money. need more slots.

3) soulstones.  

4) that darn belt and bracelet from bsc and bsh which refuse to drop at all no matter how much i try.

given my gear (and lack of proper gems, where should i be? my options are, that I see

1) stay in moonwater. windstride between occupation and misty woods daily. do e.fleet and nightshade dailies except for the bosses, because i'm not able to solothem all yet.  do misty woods dailies and faction. do as many other dailies as i can from cross server.  do as much else as I can on the continent until my 40 is used up. thsi sped little money, but doesn't get em many soulstones.

2) stay in silverfrost. do dailies i can from there. do others with the cross server. hopefully get more soulstones that way.  but how well that worsk is rather depedent on server's faction system.

3) jump arpund all over the place, windstriding to where i need to go. this wll eat up money, but may be aster for everyhing else.

so given my gear..

1) how should i get gems?  should i transmute a lot using fragments? i have a fair number of those... buy off marketplace?

2) how to most efficiently get cash considering that i'm still undergeared?

3) what soul shield should i get next, and, if it's my final soul shield, what to fuse to it? if not what' the next one after, and should i fuse to the next one i get anyway?

4) what's the most important thing for me to do now to make things easier for me in general? get better soul shield? get soulstones? farm cash for stuff from the marketplace?

5) is there blue/purple instance stuff i should be soloing to farm at this point?

18 hours ago, zapzap77 said:

yeah oathbreaker 10 is enough for finishing story.  expected jinsoyun to be a little more difficult.  i'm guessing the 6 man version isn't so easy

i have

1) silverfrost valor blue soul shield.

2) 3 slots in oathbreaker (bought a couple gem hammers in marketplace. my oathbreaker was of course one slot.)

3) necklace, ring, and earring waiting on soulstones for siren upgrade.

4) some belt and bracelet that silverfrost quests gifted me.

5) HM level 2 

6) a ton of fusion powder. :)

Yup, 6-man version has more attack patterns and AOEs, plus the standard enrage timer for the 2nd form. Still think Cold Storage is the harder of the two, though not by much either. If you remember to stand near Master Hong's apparition when prompted to, it's actully quite easy. Less so than story quest version, sure, but not that challenging. Just farm Zaiwei Ruins on occasion to get Ivory Scales before doing the dungeon in case nobody else has it.

I wish to gear up as fast and efficiently as possible without spending cash.  i can pass the mushin 5 tower dps check with sunflower/cat tank spam easily enough.

What i need.

1) good gems. how can i get them with a minimum of time,counting farming?

2) money money money. need more slots.

3) soulstones.  

4) that darn belt and bracelet from bsc and bsh which refuse to drop at all no matter how much i try.

1) Fastest way to get gems is Marketplace. Takes time to farm enough money to buy the better ones, but at least you'll skip much of the RNG behind the other options that way. Pentagonal ones are good enough for a start. A Sparkling Diamond one with 25 AP works wonders. You can farm for gem fragments and later transmute them too, but keep in mind that color and stat of the gems from chests are random and you don't get Diamonds from them. These are craftable only via Radiant Ring guild by crafting diamond pouches.

Gem fragment method is relatively cheap if you got enough fragments to spare. Radiant Ring for diamonds... nowhere as cheap or fast, but can give you the big bucks if you are lucky.

2) Dailies, 4-man, play the market. Basic holy trinity of money farming right here. I mostly stick with just dungeon dailies... still a bit too undergeared to even consider the idea of 4-man PUGs, if there's such a thing. Managing to do all of them sans Asura and Nexus will net you 20-30g per day on average.

Playing the market is a compromise between either keeping what you need or selling them in Marketplace. Keep in mind basic/intermediate mats/items sometimes sells higher than final products.

3) Arena (F9). You can get Soulstone pouches in exchange of 2k Zen Bens you get in Arena (you can average 1k of them or so if you do all dailies there) and 1 Dragon Certificate (both regular and small) you get from specific dungeon dailies. There's also faction dailies. SSP is ideal, but Misty Woods will do in a pinch if you're not good enough for SSP yet.

4) Farm Siren and Pirate Emblems by doing both 6-man and 24-man as a backup plan... but good luck with the latter. Dunno how barren they are now ever since they were removed from daily challenge rotation (think NCsoft really should bring them back). Don't forget the Perfumes and Machismos, you'll also be needing them.

given my gear (and lack of proper gems, where should i be? my options are, that I see

1) stay in moonwater. windstride between occupation and misty woods daily. do e.fleet and nightshade dailies except for the bosses, because i'm not able to solothem all yet.  do misty woods dailies and faction. do as many other dailies as i can from cross server.  do as much else as I can on the continent until my 40 is used up. thsi sped little money, but doesn't get em many soulstones.

2) stay in silverfrost. do dailies i can from there. do others with the cross server. hopefully get more soulstones that way.  but how well that worsk is rather depedent on server's faction system.

3) jump arpund all over the place, windstriding to where i need to go. this wll eat up money, but may be aster for everyhing else.

Depends on your AP, plus a few other stats later on (crit rate, crit dmg, accuracy). If it's well above 400 AP, you can attempt some of the Silverfrost stuff. If below 400 AP, avoid Silverfrost purple dungeons. Blue ones should be fine, though.

Basically, a mix of 1 and 2, ideally leaning exclusively towards 2 once your gear improves enough. Keep 3 to a minimum.

so given my gear..

1) how should i get gems?  should i transmute a lot using fragments? i have a fair number of those... buy off marketplace?

2) how to most efficiently get cash considering that i'm still undergeared?

3) what soul shield should i get next, and, if it's my final soul shield, what to fuse to it? if not what' the next one after, and should i fuse to the next one i get anyway?

4) what's the most important thing for me to do now to make things easier for me in general? get better soul shield? get soulstones? farm cash for stuff from the marketplace?

5) is there blue/purple instance stuff i should be soloing to farm at this point?

1) See answer to previous 1 above. Go with what you can afford.

2) See answer to previous 2 above. Go with what you can afford.

3) Given you're at blue Silverfrost Valor, start with Scorpio/Yeti. Ideally, you'll want full Yeti and move on to mix/replace it with later ones (namely Be Ido and Asura, being our current best options), but if it's too hard to farm Yeti, consider Scorpio as an alternative. Do some mix-and-match, keep a close eye on set bonuses and your stats.

Ideally, you'd fuse a purple soul shield with another blue one from a different set, so that you'll get highest boost possible. But that's too expensive at first, so I'd suggest you stick with Gabiyung world boss in Shiverstone Range and fuse his critical soul shields.

4) Farm money, closely followed by upgrading soul shields. You'll eventually do both at the same time. More power to you if you can farm Soulstones without buying them, but they can be bought to save some time/frustration, as well for achievement.

Ideally, you'll want accuracy as close to 120% as possible to deal with current 'endgame'. 110% is the bare minimum. You'll also want high crit rate and HP too (anything above 50k HP is acceptable). Soul shields with good rolls should provide all the 3. Crit rate you'll get mostly from your accessories, so try to keep these caught up whenever possible. Order of priority: ring > earring > necklace > bracelet > belt... though if you manage to get Pirate Bracelet and evolve it to Awakened Oathbreaker, it'll be a big boost to critical and AP, so if you can get thatdone, by all means. Evolvable belt is the Siren one, but you can use Scorpio one too until then. Other accessories should be fine if left at True Siren... or maybe even Awakened... but get them there, as that'll provide a better balance to your stats.

5) No blue/purple stuff is soloable, unles you actually mean PUG/LFP instead of fixed parties, in which case I recommend Awakened Necropolis. Probably the easiest purple Silverfrost dungeon if teamwork and coordination is decent enough, second only to Lair of Frozen Fang, which you should also do for extra gold, if nothing else. Get the soul shields, as well as Scorpio Belt. Latter is needed to progress you gear and will help you in Sogun's Lament (where you get Asura soul shield set) if you ever get geared well enough for that one. Don't forget Silverfrost Antidote if you ever run it.

If you can run daily dungeons fine, make Cold Storage your top priority. Save Heaven's Mandate for later if you got time.

finally got that darn belt from BSC.  still need the bracelet.

so if i'm understanding this right, those can be bought with emblems?

By solo, i meant solo so i don't have to bid on perfume/machismo/moonwater tear, etc.

My AP is still below 400 last i looked, so yeah can't really handle silver frost stuff.

for farming, combining 1 and 2 is actually doing 3. 

also, i don't have the godly reflexes needed for PVP, so arena is a pretty bad option for soulstone if I understand right.  Misty woods i can do except for the player killing one and blackwyrm (no one else ever bothers on my server, so...)  the soulstone awards are okay, but the money for them is small.

also i've had issues with trying to play the market because the stupid bots keep undercutting me.  is there a guide to playing the market in presence of bot farms?  if i try to buy ow and sell high, there's an endless supply of low... and others tend to snatch up them before i can buy.

i was hoping for a statement sort of like "with xxx ap and xx gear i should do these specific dailies for my 40, and be running xx dungeons repeatedly after finishing them, and i should be going for these specific soulshield pieces."

haven't even reached 40k hp.

hmmm

@zapzap77 Well, since you specified your AP is below 400, I wouldn't bother with any purple dungeon besides BSC and BSH. Dunno if Silverfrost blues will be a problem with an AP that low... probably not because I did them before lvl 50 and I also was below 400 AP at the time (but pretty close to it, at 380-ish), so they're still worth a shot. They aren't too long or difficult anyway.

With that AP, best soul shield set to aim for is the purple Bloodshade one, though I dunno how it compares to Silverfrost Valor blue... eh, I guess latter is worse. Anyway, Bloodshade provides good boost to HP and crit with it. It will serve you well enough throughout the entirety of Act 4 story quests. Consider farming Labyrinth set once you get past the 400 AP mark. You can mix it with Scorpio/Yeti to keep a decent DPS with high HP from Labyrinth, then do as I posted previously (full Yeti).

Sad to say that you may have to stick with Moonwater 24-man for a while longer. Barren as they may be, they still are your easiest source of money and aren't too bad to solo for the most part. Speaking of which, unless 24-man drops Perfumes/Machismos, no way to farm those solo, sadly. As for Moonwater Tears, that's where The big 4 Moonwater blue dungeons come in. Brightstone Ruins is a favorite for the chance of dropping secret techniques for every guild except Radiant Ring (you'll need to run Skittering Tunnels for that one), but I wouldn't expect to be easy (or possible at all, but that's up to your skill and experience) to solo with your current stats.

I do think the finals still drop the perfume/machismo, but hardly anyone wanders in anymore so i just do all the non boss quests (i can solo the third one in e fleet easily to get that one guy to spawn (he won't spawn when the boss is up) it seems that the bosses in e fleet go into an easy mode if someone is trying to solo them, with VERY relaxed enrage timers.  but i've yet to brave Pohran herself solo. Is she similarly nerfed?

• 2 weeks later...

Getting some improvements... now the pirate ring necklace and earring are fighting me.  on the bright side i'm getting moonstones from daily challenge now.

Junghado still wrecks me but i can grind warrrior tokens off the earlier floors easily enough.

What's the best soul shield not dependent on RNG for it's stats?  (or do they all suck?)

Archived